Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tom27111

Eurovision 2023

Getting in early for hopefully what will be another classic thread.

I'm predicting we'll be back in our usual place of last. The song is terrible and the woman looks more masculine than the bloke with a beard who nearly won it last year.

I was watching the semi-finals, with the sound down..., and can report favourably on the entrants from Poland, Armenia and Israel.

Special nod for the Croatian entry which is bizzare and wonderful as well as the Germans for bringing a camp Slayer tribute act.

Can't wait for tomorrow...

• Like 1

My favourite week of the year. Spend 51 weeks building up to this one week, the last few months have been fantastic for people like me who enjoy the contest as the songs are announced.

Sweden will win, Finland might run it close. Mae Muller has struggled with her live vocals unfortunately so could suffer, but she is running 26th in the pecking order which could work well in the "recency bias" stakes, but I wouldn't be surprised bottom five.

Croatia might do well with the televote but will be hammered by jury. Enjoy Austria, the kind of catchy, zany brilliance we come to enjoy from this event.

2 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

My favourite week of the year. Spend 51 weeks building up to this one week, the last few months have been fantastic for people like me who enjoy the contest as the songs are announced.

Sweden will win, Finland might run it close. Mae Muller has struggled with her live vocals unfortunately so could suffer, but she is running 26th in the pecking order which could work well in the "recency bias" stakes, but I wouldn't be surprised bottom five.

Croatia might do well with the televote but will be hammered by jury. Enjoy Austria, the kind of catchy, zany brilliance we come to enjoy from this event.

🙄

13 minutes ago, Wycombe Fox said:

The voting in this is always a bit suspect but nothing so blatant to get the male vote as Poland's entry in 2014

It worked aswell tbf. Perhaps we try this sometime, forget about the music just got some hot singers with low cut cleavage. 12 points everytime.

Babestation on the eurovision 😆

Edited by Leicesterpool

Think we have to temper expectations that this will be a difficult second album after last year but the minute a spicy continental comes on stage I'm sure we'll settle into it. We just need a 2023 equivalent of Spain from last year to light the blue touch paper.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie

13 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Think we have to temper expectations that this will be a difficult second album after last year but the minute a spicy continental comes on stage I'm sure we'll settle into it. We just need a 2023 equivalent of Spain from last year to light the blue touch paper.

Armenia...