Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Women's World Cup 2023 - Australia/New Zealand

7 minutes ago, LCFCJoe96 said:

Awaiting France/Brazil/Germany blowing the competition out the water but I'm liking how open this tournament is looking

Expecting France to hammer Jamaica. But the again I expected England to do the same to Haiti... 

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

From what I've seen so far, the technical ability and defensive organisation as improved lots and the smaller nations have got better. But it's made for some tedious games. 

Some of the games are extremely scrappy. Yesterday's Netherlands vs Portugal was just bad touches everywhere and possession barely kept for a few seconds at a time on occasion. 

I think teams are still a bit rusty but I think by the 3rd group games and if teams are in their stride we'll see the gulf in quality. 

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

The tournament just hasn't got going yet imho. 14 games so far and in only one of them have both teams scored. There are a lot of teams seemingly lacking firepower.

Suffering from the same issues as the male game, fatigued players 

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Imagine its more a case of extreme rustiness having not played competitively for a few months.

I watched an episode of the Matilda's series on Disney+, the strength and conditioning coaches were heavily stressing on it that combined with the travelling for their team (counts for a lot of the non-European teams), that even with the projected break, they felt the players were not going to anywhere near fresh come the World Cup. 

31 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

I watched an episode of the Matilda's series on Disney+, the strength and conditioning coaches were heavily stressing on it that combined with the travelling for their team (counts for a lot of the non-European teams), that even with the projected break, they felt the players were not going to anywhere near fresh come the World Cup. 

I guess I'll have to watch that. If seasons end in May though I don't see how you can't be fresh by late July.

The games I've seen its certainly looked more like like of match sharpness is decision making and execution than a fitness issue.

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

I guess I'll have to watch that. If seasons end in May though I don't see how you can't be fresh by late July.

The games I've seen its certainly looked more like like of match sharpness is decision making and execution than a fitness issue.

England didn’t look match fit I agree there 

9 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

England didn’t look match fit I agree there 

lack of friendlies didn't help, only two prior to the tournament. Plus the huge gap between May and July. I respect the players wanted a good rest and holiday, give the players good 3 weeks to enjoy themselves but I do think there should I have been a friendly or two in June. England v Rep.Ireland at Bramall Lane, practice against a team who likely be sitting deep and work on how to break them down. Then England v Belgium, may not made the world cup but decent perhaps played that in Belgium.

Edited by Leicesterpool

26 minutes ago, LCFCJoe96 said:

Fully expecting to jinx it but New Zealand look legit decent again. Got some good players, our own CJ Bott being one of them.

Be nice to see them get out of their group.

Not sure they're playing that well. They can't keep possession in final third and not getting the ball to the front 2 in dangerous areas. 

Credit to Philippines! 

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Not sure they're playing that well. They can't keep possession in final third and not getting the ball to the front 2 in dangerous areas. 

Credit to Philippines! 

Thought NZ looked really good first 10 minutes, been fairly shocking since

Edited by LCFCJoe96