Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Women's World Cup 2023 - Australia/New Zealand

NZ looked to me to be a team trying to play a style of football they're not comfortable with. In Wilkinson, they have a player that is strong and direct and yet they seemed to want to isolate her. 

But really it's a 'well played Philippines' due. Their energy and enthusiasm meant they controlled the middle of the pitch (after a nervy start) and NZ were just too ponderous. I must admit, after 10 minutes I thought NZ were going to walk it. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sulples said:

NZ looked to me to be a team trying to play a style of football they're not comfortable with. In Wilkinson, they have a player that is strong and direct and yet they seemed to want to isolate her. 

But really it's a 'well played Philippines' due. Their energy and enthusiasm meant they controlled the middle of the pitch (after a nervy start) and NZ were just too ponderous. I must admit, after 10 minutes I thought NZ were going to walk it. 

Definitely agree about the midfield of NZ. Too passive and couldn't get control. The pressing from Philippines was very good and they didn't let NZ settle at all. 

I think Bott has been subdued in her role for NZ (compared to how she is given licence to maraude forward for us) She's classed as one of NZ's key players but tbh I think she has, for her, been disappointing which I can only put down her not being free to play her natural game. 

30 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Who's this journo?! 

Just ask about football ffs. Clearly looking for some hot take or potential cancelling of the player(s).

lol

I wish they'd have just responded by asking how the idiot got in the room and to ban him from asking anymore of his questions. What a clown.

Some of the do gooders at BBC again, not their place to criticise others countries laws. There job is to report on the story and this case talk about the football. BBC need to think about things more close to home like letting paedo's work in there industry and covering it up for so long.

• Like 1