Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Other Team Transfers 2023

4 minutes ago, KFS said:

Why do I recognise this name? Is he the **** who put Ricardo out for months? 

I think @moore_94 has just confirmed that, yeah 😅.

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Shame he won’t be playing tomorrow, deserves a Hamza special

Edited by CloudFox

43 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

They are, they’re ****ing shit. 

There is no chance they are worse than Luton and Everton. 

So it's 1 from Forest, Sheff Utd, Wolves and for some reason I think Fulham struggle this year IMO. I think Forest are better equipped than those sides currently with the exception of perhaps Fulham but I just have a feeling they'll struggle.

Stick my head on the line and say Sheff Utd occupy the 3rd spot and we take Hamer and McAtee when we come up to replace 'em. 

3 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Sangare confirmed through the door at Forest - annoyingly good signing for them. Would’ve thought he could’ve held out for a better move

Stings after our links and the fact we were lumbered with Soumare instead.. A very good addition for them.. :(

1 minute ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Sangare confirmed through the door at Forest - annoyingly good signing for them. Would’ve thought he could’ve held out for a better move

Been surprised at some of the signings Forest have pulled off since they got promoted, and also the sheer amount! 

Something feels a bit off about the whole thing, and I wonder if they are seriously stretching themselves and we will see the aftermath of that when financials start coming in next year. Expect a huge increase in squad wages at the very least. Even in the Prem, I don't think their model is sustainable for long.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Been surprised at some of the signings Forest have pulled off since they got promoted, and also the sheer amount! 

Something feels a bit off about the whole thing, and I wonder if they are seriously stretching themselves and we will see the aftermath of that when financials start coming in next year. Expect a huge increase in squad wages at the very least. Even in the Prem, I don't think their model is sustainable for long.

Yeah, Chelsea have massive commercial revenue, amortised contracts cleverly and got in big money from sales. Forest have done little of those things except the sale of Johnson.

And wonder how Turner now feels with a new keeper there? Yep, they should stay up based on quality but managing the morale of that size of squad is going to very challenging. And for all their spending, they do seem reliant on Awoniyi. Chelsea showed how difficult it can be in the previous season. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Agreed, seems a crazy way of doing things, but they got away with it last year. If Sangare performs how he can for them they’ll double their money easily on him I’d have thought. Could have a similar impact for them as Palhinha has for Fulham 

I've pretty much ignored what our rivals have been up to this window. 

Anyone able to say how we performed compared to them? 

I’ve no idea how other teams squads are so I popped onto the forums of Southampton and Leeds.

Plenty of optimism in both places that they’re going straight back up. The Saints, in particular, seem to think they’ve smashed it. 

Time will tell I suppose. I reckon we’ll make the play offs, at least, but top two might just come down to who gets a bit of momentum for long enough 

• Thanks 1

I've pretty much ignored what our rivals have been up to this window. 

Anyone able to say how we performed compared to them? 

I think in terms of flow of talent we've done pretty well.  Lost the guys you knew we'd lose but overall brought in a lot of quality Championship players.  Not shedding any dead weight is unfortunate though, especially since we now have 4 strikers and I think it can be assumed Daka is getting nowhere near a first team appearance.  Even though Enzo doesn't use traditional fullbacks, though, I still feel like we're now pretty thin in that part of the squad.

Leeds salvaged what looked like was going to be a disastrous window, I think.  Anthony isn't bad - a very underrated part of his game is his tackling and pressing (he was 2nd in the Championship in big chances created in 21-22).  Southampton made some nice additions.  On balance I think the three clubs were pretty close.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Agreed, seems a crazy way of doing things, but they got away with it last year. If Sangare performs how he can for them they’ll double their money easily on him I’d have thought. Could have a similar impact for them as Palhinha has for Fulham 

The other issue I see, the Manager doesn't seem in control of these signings. He seemed bewildered last season with all the crazy amount of players arriving. They will have some hits, with Sangare like you said, but for everyone of those, there will be a load more misses, and they will add up over the next few seasons. 

Maybe, I am just bitter! But still feels like they will get burned soon

2 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

On balance I think the three clubs were pretty close.

It's what I thought from the small bits I heard. 

I imagine both clubs have also struggled to off load some deadwood too, but probably not reported on as much. 

It's going to be a very competitive push for promotion, so thank god for our perfect start.

I think there is still so much more to come from Enzo and us as well. We will be right up there! 

13 hours ago, DerbyshireFox said:

I honestly think that's one of the best signings for any club. A physical CDM who is also good with his feet. We got to see him first hand and was impressive. For me he's like an improved version of peak Ndidi at CDM.

Sadly though, the best transfer of the summer was James Maddison to Spurs. I don't blame the club for getting it done early to free up the funds to get players in early, but Caceido and Rice are not 2-3 times better than Maddison. Though he had off spells last season, he is one of the best attacking midfielders of any nationality in the country.

For the Championship:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11065/12878368/transfer-news-summer-transfer-window-2023-championship-ins-and-outs

• Hull I think made some good signings in Liam Delap, Tyler Morton, Xavier Simons and Ruben Vinagre. They might push for playoffs with a squad like that.
  • Coventry have an overall better squad than last season, but Gyokeres is a huge miss. The midfielder they loaned from Brighton (Yasin Ayari) might be a surprise hit.
  • Leeds signed Piroe, Ampadau, Anthony and Spence. Those are good players. But I think their defence is still quite weak, and they lost tons of players on loan.
  • Southampton I don't think signed too well and got rid of some of their stalwarts. They got some good youngsters, but I'm not so sure about them overall. Our game against them will be very interesting.

Overall, I think some of our signings (Winks!) are outrageous for this level. We might well have 5 or 6 of the best signings on paper for the division. Otherwise, my "ones to watch" would be:

• Joel Piroe for Leeds
  • Omari Hutchinson for Ipswich
  • Jobe Bellingham for Sunderland
  • Mason Burstow for Sunderland
  • Shea Charles for Southampton

Winks I think will make the team of the season and will probably be our player of the season in terms of overall consistency, even though he won't end up with many goals or assists. But as such, I would say he's the best transfer in the Championship. Second best I will make a guess and say Jobe Bellingham. He's already looked very good.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

• Leeds signed Piroe, Ampadau, Anthony and Spence. Those are good players. But I think their defence is still quite weak, and they lost tons of players on loan.

I don't think you can make that statement and leave out Kamara and Gruev, who can help a lot in that area and are solid players.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I don't think you can make that statement and leave out Kamara and Gruev, who can help a lot in that area and are solid players.

Wasn’t sure if the Kamara one went through or not!

He’s ok but I’m not convinced he’s that good. See Tom Rogic at WBA as an example of good north of the border but nothing special here. But maybe I’m being too harsh. 

Just for fun give me your top 3 non Leicester signings. I’ll admit I’m not too clued up about this level. It’s also hard to judge… some players who should be good aren’t and some that shouldn’t end up being insane!