Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Other Team Transfers 2023

18 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Wasn’t sure if the Kamara one went through or not!

He’s ok but I’m not convinced he’s that good. See Tom Rogic at WBA as an example of good north of the border but nothing special here. But maybe I’m being too harsh. 

Just for fun give me your top 3 non Leicester signings. I’ll admit I’m not too clued up about this level. It’s also hard to judge… some players who should be good aren’t and some that shouldn’t end up being insane!

Piroe is a great one for sure.  Harwood-Bellis, maybe.  Shea Charles is underrated, and so is Spence.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Reckon Brennan Johnson will make a better impact at Spurs than Richarlison has made.

Will definitely be a huge transition from a counter-attacking style of play under Cooper to one that's heavily possession-based under Postecoglou.

• Like 1

Fenerbahçe's 18-year-old football player, Bora Aydınlık, was loaned to Hull City, one of the British Championship teams. In the statement made on the official website of the yellow-dark blue people, it was stated that the young player's temporary transfer to the British representative took place for 1 year.

The explanation made by the yellow-dark blue people is as follows;

In our Football A Team, whose structuring continues for the 2023-2024 season, Bora Aydınlık, one of our players trained in our Academy, has been rented to Hull City Club of England for one year. We wish our young player a successful season.

Bora Aydınlık, who grew up from Fenerbahçe's infrastructure, performed 13 goals and 1 assist in 44 matches in the lower age categories of the yellow-dark blue team.

https://www.fotomac.com.tr/fenerbahce/2023/09/01/fenerbahcede-ayrilik-resmen-aciklandi-bora-aydinlik-hull-cityye-kiralandi

10 hours ago, Naat said:

As Fenerbahce and Nottingham Forest could not reach an agreement yet, Batshuayi's Representative left England and moved to Paris. Under normal circumstances, he would meet his player in London and Batshuayi would go for a medical checkup. The player side is waiting for news from Miltiadis Marinakis.

https://twitter.com/yagosabuncuoglu/status/1697199709469724800?s=20

Due to Fenerbahçe could not reach an agreement with Nottingham Forest for the transfer of Michy Batshuayi , transfer has been cancelled.  

5 hours ago, KFS said:

Forest have signed 20 this window. Their Instagram page looks like a ****ing who’s who board. Mental

Have they had a decent window or not?? I can’t work it out? 

I just hope it goes wrong….. I work with a few forest fans, and they’re all willy pullers….. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CaliFOXnia said:

There is no chance they are worse than Luton and Everton. 

So it's 1 from Forest, Sheff Utd, Wolves and for some reason I think Fulham struggle this year IMO. I think Forest are better equipped than those sides currently with the exception of perhaps Fulham but I just have a feeling they'll struggle.

Stick my head on the line and say Sheff Utd occupy the 3rd spot and we take Hamer and McAtee when we come up to replace 'em. 

I think Sheff United and Loton are already gone.  So there’s one spot left….

Everton are the masters of escape. They could lose every game and somehow end up 17th….. they’re immune to relegation it seems.

Fulham I agree look weak, losing AM is huge for them. 

With Forest it depends if all of this desperation spending helps. But, there’s clearly FFP issues, there’s no way they aren’t bending the rules spending like they are. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I think Sheff United and Loton are already gone.  So there’s one spot left….

Everton are the masters of escape. They could lose every game and somehow end up 17th….. they’re immune to relegation it seems.

Fulham I agree look weak, losing AM is huge for them. 

With Forest it depends if all of this desperation spending helps. But, there’s clearly FFP issues, there’s no way they aren’t bending the rules spending like they are. 

Burnley also to be in a relegation scrap same as Wolves.

39 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Have they had a decent window or not?? I can’t work it out? 

I just hope it goes wrong….. I work with a few forest fans, and they’re all willy pullers….. 

Even taking regional bias out of it, I do believe that Forest fans are the most arrogant fanbase outside of the top six.

A stadium with 28,000 Lee Andersons.

6 hours ago, KFS said:

Forest have signed 20 this window. Their Instagram page looks like a ****ing who’s who board. Mental

They have a squad size of 37 players. I really don’t understand what the plan is there. Are they planning to start a B team and enter at non league level? 

15 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

They have a squad size of 37 players. I really don’t understand what the plan is there. Are they planning to start a B team and enter at non league level? 

The punditry world used the squad size as an excuse for them being so pants last season, saying it was always going to take a long time for it all to gel. It was so bad they've decided to do it again.

If people think we have been lucky the start of this season (we haven't), look at how forest completely lucked out towards the end of last season. 

They've done it again and just signed anything they can get their hands on. Absolutely hate the barm pot of a club.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

The punditry world used the squad size as an excuse for them being so pants last season, saying it was always going to take a long time for it all to gel. It was so bad they've decided to do it again.

If people think we have been lucky the start of this season (we haven't), look at how forest completely lucked out towards the end of last season. 

They've done it again and just signed anything they can get their hands on. Absolutely hate the barm pot of a club.

The thing with them is that this is a huge gamble with the club's finances.

When it goes wrong, it will go catastrophically wrong. Of those 37 players, how many will command a big asking price? Plenty of them will barely kick a ball in the Premier League but will all be on big money.

It's not as if they have the global commercial revenue of someone like Chelsea, who have a similarly scattergun approach, to aid with FFP.

I suspect an Everton style window next season if they somehow stay up. If they go down, it could be catastrophic.

45 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

Think Forest have done enough to be safe for the next couple of years but if they don’t get resale value out of some of these players they are heading for real trouble in 3 or 4 seasons 

They'll eventually be forced into having a window like we did last season, and we all know how that ended.

That's a bit of a pish comparison though. Aside from the state run clubs like Newcastle and Citeh, the clubs generate their money via the sport. There's been plenty of moaning about the likes of the formerly mentioned clubs and clubs like PSG or the Red Bull sides. And I don't think anybody would give a shit about the money if say a few billionaires from other countries decided they wanted to get into the sport but the Saudis reasons are nothing to do with football and everything to do with sportswashing. The (pretty limp) objection about the Saudi spending is that it's sportswashing not that it's about the money. I don't think anyone had the same issues when China and Russia went on their little sprees of trying to outspend everywhere else, but their motives were different. China wanted to improve the state of the sport in their country and it didn't work the way they expected so they reigned it back. With Russia they seemed to just lose interest when they didn't get instant success.

1 hour ago, JimJams said:

This time last season everyone was convinced Bournemouth were already gone...

I’d be amazed if Luton survive. Bournemouth had a better squad than Luton do. I think the whole standard of the PL is dog shit this year bar Man City… the rest of the big 8 clubs are all average to fair. Anyone besides Brighton and Brentford are probably equal, with Luton and Sheffield being by far the worst in my opinion.

I mean, the standard is so poor that Luton may survive, but I highly doubt they will……

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

it's very much all NIMBY from pundits and prem fans/clubs when we look at the Saudi leagues. 

Yes they're blowing us out the water financially, but the prem does the same to basically everyone else

All true, but this (London-based) tweeter also shows how patronising our press is to anyone outside London and Manchester.  

Forest show ambition and the press just greet it with sarcasm. Midlands teams aren’t allowed to do that - just like you weren’t meant to beat their precious Spurs to the title.  

• Like 1