Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Other Team Transfers 2023

5 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

I think he’d piss a lot of players and staff off, didnt Andy King say something about him being a difficult individual?

Never held his hand up to a mistake, always screamed at his defenders as if it was their fault.

Look at what happened after he left - standards dropped and now being restored. 

1 minute ago, lcfc_forever said:

Look at what happened after he left - standards dropped and now being restored. 

So no need to bring in someone who would upset the squad.

He got away with it with the squad from 2016, only two of them left now and I’m sure I read somewhere that Maddison etc weren’t huge fans, probably read it on here so take that as you will.

22 minutes ago, Bilo said:

It doesn't strike me as a well-run club with a long-term model or strategy. Their promotion side was built on loans and short term deals leaving them short when they went up, they signed far too many last summer and are doing the same again. They've lucked out the last two seasons with an unexpected promotion and a downright lucky survival last season. Once that luck runs out, they will be an absolute car crash with a bundle for the exit door.

To be fair to them, their short, medium and long-term plan is working a fvck sight better than ours

2 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

He got away with it with the squad from 2016, only two of them left now and I’m sure I read somewhere that Maddison etc weren’t huge fans, probably read it on here so take that as you will.

Incredible reading this after what Kasper did for the club. 

1 minute ago, hackneyfox said:

If so, probably because they couldn’t hack a few home truths. Maddison hardly showed last season that he was able to take the slightest criticism without spitting his dummy out! 

• Like 4

Just now, LCFCJohn said:

If so, probably because they couldn’t hack a few home truths. Maddison hardly showed last season that he was able to take the slightest criticism without spitting his dummy out! 

Who would want to take criticism from someone who blamed everyone else for their own mistakes?

Great stopper and a legend but far from perfect himself.

As Fenerbahce and Nottingham Forest could not reach an agreement yet, Batshuayi's Representative left England and moved to Paris. Under normal circumstances, he would meet his player in London and Batshuayi would go for a medical checkup. The player side is waiting for news from Miltiadis Marinakis.

https://twitter.com/yagosabuncuoglu/status/1697199709469724800?s=20

1 minute ago, hackneyfox said:

Who would want to take criticism from someone who blamed everyone else for their own mistakes?

Great stopper and a legend but far from perfect himself.

Fair point, I don’t disagree. The likely healthy balance is in the middle. The lot last season had no sense of pride or standards. Kasper did but yes, a leader shouldn’t blame others for their mistakes. 

Generally though, he did always seem popular. Maybe the standards dropping around him caused frustrations that manifested in the wrong way with blaming others?

Just now, Finnegan said:

Mhm. You don't have to be super popular to lead. 

You think all the United players used to love hanging around with Keano? 

Fine whilst leading by example on the pitch but it soon becomes grating when from an ex pro.

Andy King mentioned that staff got an earful if he felt they weren’t doing a decent job, not a good look slating someone when you’re earning a hundred times more than them.

Just now, LCFCJohn said:

Fair point, I don’t disagree. The likely healthy balance is in the middle. The lot last season had no sense of pride or standards. Kasper did but yes, a leader shouldn’t blame others for their mistakes. 

Generally though, he did always seem popular. Maybe the standards dropping around him caused frustrations that manifested in the wrong way with blaming others?

Perhaps worth finding the Andy King comments, maybe I’m being unfair.

10 minutes ago, Daggers said:

To be fair to them, their short, medium and long-term plan is working a fvck sight better than ours

It works until it doesn't. Same as ours.

We went from being seen as the best run club in the country to a basket case pretty much overnight. 

• Like 2

Just now, pazzerfox said:

They've lost their best player...They will struggle.

A lot of Forest fans say they play better without him. Not sure about that, but seems a common theme.

I think their big loss would be Awoniyi as it's very hard to see where their goals come from with no Johnson or him. Hudson-Odoi doesn't convince.