Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Hamza Choudhury

if the mantra is to get funds in then i guess we'll sell if we get an acceptable offer for a player - especially one with a year left 

whilst i can see hamza being very useful this season, the club will not want to see him leave for nothing next summer and i cant se us wanting him in the PL if we go back up

48 minutes ago, adam said:

Get him gone. Useless with the ball.

Agree wholeheartedly.

When you look at who’s come through the academy recently (Barnes, Choudury, Thomas, KDH). They are all HORRIFIC with the ball at their feet and are paid inflated wages in spite of this.

Hoping Braybrooke and Alves will be better than the aforementioned with the ball at their feet….. 

The concern I do have about this, is that Southampton can see the benefit of what Choudhury brings, whilst having the intention of playing probably the same style as us and having the same ambition to be at the top.

Having a plan A involving technical football ability is great but removing all players from the squad that add something different suggests an unwillingness to have a plan B. Sometimes as good as plan A is, in the Championship, you need to be able to grind out some narrow results!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Southampton would actually be a bit of a weird move seeing as Russell Martin is all about the possession football as well

This was what I was about to write. It's honestly a bit bonkers. Southampton's new DOF is from Man City, that's why they got lots of their players last season, and also why they too tried to appoint Maresca.

Russel Martin plays possession football like Luis Enrique does for Spain... it's almost ridiculous how much of it they keep and both of the clubs he was previously were at think they keep it a bit too much. It has helped both clubs on an upward trajectory though.

Them going for a CDM makes sense because Lavia is going to Arsenal, but Lavia is very good on the ball. The players in our squad that were always likely to be casualties are ones with poor technical ability / passing, hence why Iversen, Choudhury, Ndidi maybe even Kristiansen could be in the firing line. Hamza being in demand is not a surprise, but it's a weird pickup for Southampton.

I noticed Southampton have already started pre-season, seems like they are pretty serious about promotion too.

Maresca is on a 3 year deal so back the man. Arsenal had a lot of bad moments but when they got the type of players Arteta wanted and got rid of the bad apples they were transformed. I hope we do the same, back the man and get the type of players he needs to play his system!

• Like 1

He's absolutely cack, but probably worth keeping hold of at this level to bolster the squad. 

However if he really is on 60 bags a week and the offer is half decent, we'd be mental not to sell IMO. Burning money. 

• Haha 2

I like him. He was absolutely brilliant in the cup vs Watford and centre back - Possibly the Ndidi role may suit him in the Championship. 

I'd defiantley welcome him back to the fold for pre season and see if Endo can improve his distribution and also calm his, at times, red mist enthusiasm  

19 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I refuse to believe Hamza is on £60k per week. It just can't be true.

Your absolutely right to refuse to believe it, knowing Rudkin, he's probably on 80K a week. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

Should be on more like 30k now with the contract reductions?

I think so. People are often forgetting that Percy said that the squad has a 35-50% wage reduction in place if relegated. 

That will make a huge difference, and actually makes Hamza as a squad member, a reasonable consideration. 

I understand Enzo will want to play a certain way and want players capable of that, but it is often good to have a different type of player available and Hamza brings a lot of energy and aggression, and will be well accustomed to the Championship after last season. Southampton can obviously see that if they want him. 

I still suspect he may not fit into Enzo's plans, but I hope he at least looks at him over pre-season before making a decision, as we already have huge gaps in midfield and we will need squad players on top of starters. 

1 hour ago, Jakemoore said:

Seems a silly decision to A.) sell one of the only players we have with Championship experience. & B.) sell to a promotion rival. 

I’d rather we kept Hamza and hardly ever play him than sell him to a promotion rival. He came through our academy so cost us nothing and I can’t imagine his wages are that much or Watford wouldn’t have signed him on loan. 

not a fan of this idea.

I think for people that aren’t feeling too positive right now, is look at the difference in players being targeted between us and Southampton for example. 

They are targeting players like Hamza whilst we are targeting players like Winks. Regardless of how you feel about Winks, it puts it into perspective the difference in quality.