Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Hamza Choudhury

On 30/06/2023 at 08:58, baldeagle said:

Niot me , I’m not one of the ones having a romantic few of the championship thinking we’ will walk it a horrible league to get out of. We got relegated as we had too many averages players amongst other things . If we fall into the same trap and keep average players on with the attitude they’ll do a job then we’re in for a long championship stay 

...those average players should have been more than enough to have us finishing mid-table in the Premier League!!!

The previous season we picked up cheap points at the end against teams who had already switched off with nothing to gain, except one team Everton, who picked up all the points. We should have terminated the manager then but chose to keep him in place, and his actions (or lack of them) saw that we drifted out of the league.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...those average players should have been more than enough to have us finishing mid-table in the Premier League!!!

The previous season we picked up cheap points at the end against teams who had already switched off with nothing to gain, except one team Everton, who picked up all the points. We should have terminated the manager then but chose to keep him in place, and his actions (or lack of them) saw that we drifted out of the league.

All should have,  could have , would have . 
The fact is we didn’t and that’s why we find ourselves in the championship . Yes we should have got rid of him sooner but the fact remains we still had too many average players on high wages .  

10 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

All should have,  could have , would have . 
The fact is we didn’t and that’s why we find ourselves in the championship . Yes we should have got rid of him sooner but the fact remains we still had too many average players on high wages .  

...this was the team in the 20/21 season, we finished 5th!!!

LCFC.thumb.png.043f81b3b0fbcfa3222a077cae3eb727.png

Whilst Hamza might just not make the grade in the PL, I think he'd be of high value in the championship. I haven't watched him play for Watford, but if a championship manager who has watched him, wants him, that should tell you something 

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...this was the team in the 20/21 season, we finished 5th!!!

LCFC.thumb.png.043f81b3b0fbcfa3222a077cae3eb727.png

I’d say only 5 of that team regularly played last season the rest were either out injured  out of favour left  and most massively out of form . It’s the rest of the squad that’s the problem more than anything . Look how many midfielders we have at the club. Then look at which ones are above average . 

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/06/2023 at 17:04, baldeagle said:

If he’s that good why don’t Watford want to buy him , I'm sure it was a loan with an option to buy 

The option to buy was contingent on Watford getting promoted to the PL, that's why

I'm not convinced that Choudhury has the technical ability needed for the new system. Also, if his loan at Watford had been an absolute success, why aren't other Championship/ newly promoted Premier League clubs offering £3 to £4 million for him. This suggests to me he did ok, but nothing spectacular. With only 1 year left on his contract, I hope the Club would be tempted to sell, if there is a potential buyer.

Edited by MGLCFC

When he played centre back against Watford, I see, to remember he got away with a couple of mistakes.  Imo he was over-hyped because he showed passion during an injury crisis.   

I like Hamza but I wouldn't want to see him in the centre of defence.  It will be interesting to see if Maresca feels he can develop his game.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Surely Newcamel can afford him now?  Barnes and Hamza for 45m - job done.

Are we giving them a discount for Barnes and throwing Choudhury in for free??

Glad it's not you at the negotiating table...

18 minutes ago, Verumex said:

Are we giving them a discount for Barnes and throwing Choudhury in for free??

Glad it's not you at the negotiating table...

If you think we will end up with more than  45m for both, you are smoking same gear  as Duffkin.  The cash and wages saved alone would help our promotion bid tremendously.

• Like 1

Not our biggest issue right now.

Will he start? Hopefully not.

I wouldn’t mind him coming on later in the game and playing in the 8 position and harrying mistakes out of defenders after we’ve bored them to death with lots of possession football.

He can’t play the Winks role though so if need to move on to free up spaces…I’m all for it but have a few other players I’d rather move on before Hamza.

When he was first breaking  through he had an excellent game against Arsenal.

Problem with him is he takes risks where he probably should not and he stopped progressing, some coaching by Brendan there.

• Like 1