Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Hamza Choudhury

The piece from Percy:

Southampton keen on Choudhury 

Southampton are looking at a deal for Leicester City midfielder Hamza Choudhury.

Choudhury, 25, played regularly for Watford while on loan last season and whether he is allowed to leave will be down to new Leicester manager Enzo Maresca, who is expected to sign central midfielder Harry Winks from Spurs.

Meanwhile, Armel Bella-Kotchap will be allowed to leave Southampton this summer if a club is willing to pay £25 million for the Germany international.

Bella-Kotchap has a release clause in his contract following Southampton’s relegation and is emerging as a target for clubs across Europe. Signed from Vfl Bochum last June, the defender was one of the few players to impress at St Mary’s Stadium last season.

Sorry don’t know how to change the size lol 

Edited by Bluearmyfox28
  • Like 2

Just now, Bluearmyfox28 said:

The piece from Percy:

Southampton keen on Choudhury 

Southampton are looking at a deal for Leicester City midfielder Hamza Choudhury.

Choudhury, 25, played regularly for Watford while on loan last season and whether he is allowed to leave will be down to new Leicester manager Enzo Maresca, who is expected to sign central midfielder Harry Winks from Spurs.

Meanwhile, Armel Bella-Kotchap will be allowed to leave Southampton this summer if a club is willing to pay £25 million for the Germany international.

Bella-Kotchap has a release clause in his contract following Southampton’s relegation and is emerging as a target for clubs across Europe. Signed from Vfl Bochum last June, the defender was one of the few players to impress at St Mary’s Stadium last season.

Sorry don’t know how to change the size lol 

Not very professional of Percy to type this!

• Haha 3

Seems a silly decision to A.) sell one of the only players we have with Championship experience. & B.) sell to a promotion rival. 

I’d rather we kept Hamza and hardly ever play him than sell him to a promotion rival. He came through our academy so cost us nothing and I can’t imagine his wages are that much or Watford wouldn’t have signed him on loan. 

not a fan of this idea.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Can't we at least keep him until the Spurs preseason game so he can plough through JM10.

Hahahahaha sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo funny that is absolutely HiLaRiOuS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Seems a silly decision to A.) sell one of the only players we have with Championship experience. & B.) sell to a promotion rival. 

I’d rather we kept Hamza and hardly ever play him than sell him to a promotion rival. He came through our academy so cost us nothing and I can’t imagine his wages are that much or Watford wouldn’t have signed him on loan. 

not a fan of this idea.

Around 60k/week 

we probably covered at least half of them last season with watford stumping up the other 30k. i expect they will drop to 40k now. 

i was actually up for giving hamza a go, but as soon as maresca came in i knew he wasn’t the right guy for our system. 

Interestingly though, probably doesn’t suit martin either. But if you just want someone to sweep and give a simple ball then he’s very good at it. 

Going to be a tough year where we possibly watch players like hirst, hamza and iversen doing very well for their clubs in the championship and have to hope that’s at no cost to us. 

This is one player that I would get back in pre-season and let Enzo have a good look at him, before selling him to a rival. 

I have never particularly rated him, but that was mostly in the Premier League and at 25, he is reaching his peak and just played a full season in the Championship with Watford. He has incredible energy and stamina and a level of aggression that we have missed in recent seasons. 

I suspect he may still be moved on, but for the low fee we are likely to get for him, I would prefer Enzo to have a good look at him before we make any decisions. 

• Like 2

So its Hamza, Ndidi, Praet, Soumare, Castagne , Vestergaard and Thomas to sell . On top of that Vardy is 36 , Daka is not good enough. Anybody else we can get rid of. Maresca will be climbing Everest in his underwear.

I don’t mind Choudhury and would have seen him as having a place in the squad as back up (yes not every player in the squad can be a world beater). 

But he’s on quite a high salary reportedly and with the issue of style of play not fitting, it makes sense.  

As others have said, surely he’s no more suited to Southampton than us….

Personally I wish him well anyway. He’s always given his all for us and hasn’t been involved in the shit we have witness in the last year or so.