Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Matchday Ticket prices

According to the Merc - https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-notebook-transfer-confirmed-8573772

Tickets for the opening match of the campaign against Coventry go on sale to members from Wednesday and with that announcement, a new set of fees have been announced. With a drop in the level of football, there have been reductions in match ticket prices.

For Category A games, the cheapest matchday ticket has reduced from £35 to £30 for adults, while for Category B games, there’s a decrease from £30 to £26. In some sections of the ground, ticket prices have fallen by £9.

However, that is still a significant increase on the last time City were in the Championship 10 years ago. In 2013-14, the cheapest adult match tickets were £15, £22, or £26, depending on the category of fixture.

I think the club has gotten this wrong which isn't much of a surprise.

Far too expensive. Nobody is paying more than £40 when they announce that West Brom or Birmingham are Category A fixtures.

Wouldn't have hurt to have added a Category C either for the inevitable Tuesday night games against relegation fodder either.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

I think the club has gotten this wrong which isn't much of a surprise.

Far too expensive. Nobody is paying more than £40 when they announce that West Brom or Birmingham are Category A fixtures.

Wouldn't have hurt to have added a Category C either for the inevitable Tuesday night games against relegation fodder either.

The Preston £3 member discount you could class as a Cat C I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️😅

I think the problem is that if they make the match tickets too cheap for members, then STHs will be wondering why they're bothering.  And you need to keep the STHs buying their season tickets, because it's guaranteed income. 

• Like 3

Always get ripped off with matchday tickets. Not been to a home match for years for that reason. Appreciate that season tickets need to have good value against matchday prices but only the very best seats should be more than £30 in the championship. 

Unfortunately I didn’t get a season ticket for this season. My boy had 31 points, seems the cut off was 32. I had 36.

if I want to guarantee for next season I need to buy a membership, then attend at least 10 games which will be at a cost of roughly £600…. 

I can moan and whine all I like but I’ll end up doing exactly the above. For 10 games! When a season ticket for 23 would’ve cost me less than £500 😔

ultimately I should’ve gone to 3 more games last term but it was hardly inspiring

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SystonFox said:

if I want to guarantee for next season I need to buy a membership, then attend at least 10 games which will be at a cost of roughly £600…. 

You get granted another 10 points for renewing your membership.

6 minutes ago, Gravel said:

You get granted another 10 points for renewing your membership.

I know that. But just putting a membership on alone won’t guarantee me. I feel if we get promoted the cut off will be more like 50 points minimum 

1 minute ago, SystonFox said:

I know that. But just putting a membership on alone won’t guarantee me. I feel if we get promoted the cut off will be more like 50 points minimum 

Can't see next year's cut off going much above 40, as it's been 37, 37, 32 last 3 years. 

I'm in a similar position with 28 points, and quite tempted to wait until they put memberships on half price sale much later in the season before renewing just to get the 10 points, I think 38 points will be probably be enough next year. 

1 hour ago, SystonFox said:

A lot depends on promotion really and how the season pans out.

if they chuck them on a sale halfway through do you still get 10pts or do they reduce it to 5?

Pretty sure it's the full 10 points. 

It's not exactly halfway through. I think the discounted memberships were available on two occasions last season, for a day or two each time, as part of the 'Blue Friday' or whatever flash sales, before reverting to normal full price. 

4 hours ago, Gravel said:

Hey chill everyone. Members get £3 off tickets to the midweek Preston game. What's not to like?

4 hours ago, SK3Blue said:

Which will be Category A 🤣

Wouldn't expect any less. Category A and well worth the money to see the great Tom Finney grace our hallowed turf. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Joe90lcfc said:

This is a disgrace from the club how the hell can they justify charging £40 for a championship game?? In the current struggles the normal fan has!! **** you Leicester city

It's no longer for the working class, Professional Football sold its soul. If I took my missus, son and his girlfriend it would cost £156 to watch Coventry. Obscene.  A season ticket for my non league team is £110. I can get 19 league games, 6 pre season friendlies, and includes regional cup games. 

I can't believe that anyone finds £40 for championship football acceptable, it's a disgrace. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, davieG said:

According to the Merc - https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-notebook-transfer-confirmed-8573772

Tickets for the opening match of the campaign against Coventry go on sale to members from Wednesday and with that announcement, a new set of fees have been announced. With a drop in the level of football, there have been reductions in match ticket prices.

For Category A games, the cheapest matchday ticket has reduced from £35 to £30 for adults, while for Category B games, there’s a decrease from £30 to £26. In some sections of the ground, ticket prices have fallen by £9.

However, that is still a significant increase on the last time City were in the Championship 10 years ago. In 2013-14, the cheapest adult match tickets were £15, £22, or £26, depending on the category of fixture.

The last season I didn't have a season ticket was 2013/14 and I clearly remember paying £38 for Category A games. If the cheapest Category A games that season were £26 and they're now £30, that doesn't strike me as massively inflationary given a decade has elapsed since. The club has reduced the prices in light of relegation - what kind of reduction were people realistically expecting?

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

The last season I didn't have a season ticket was 2013/14 and I clearly remember paying £38 for Category A games. If the cheapest Category A games that season were £26 and they're now £30, that doesn't strike me as massively inflationary given a decade has elapsed since. The club has reduced the prices in light of relegation - what kind of reduction were people realistically expecting?

People will moan whatever the price, they need something to complain about.

Away prices will be interesting as from what I recall there is no cap below the Prem. Last time I went to Leeds in the Championship I think it was £36, this wasn’t the season we went up either so no idea what they’ll fleece us for now.

• Like 1