Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

I Come To Foxes Talk Because:

I had been on another site ( I think it was moderated and hosted by the club) which closed down. At the time I sampled FT there was a spat going on between a member ( TPH? Perhaps) and a guy ( local councillor maybe) who’s principal achievement seemed to be having his trousers fall down at a school prize giving ) . I was hooked

( perhaps I dreamt the whole thing lol)

• Haha 1

I lurked for a long time before I started posting, it changed in the title winning season when I didn't have anyone else to talk about it with, and I desperately needed to talk, I also was looking for extra tickets for my children too.

After that I never left, I put up with the occasional misogyny and abuse because the overall community feeling from most far outweighs the cvntish behaviour of the minority, and like I've said before, rightly or wrongly, I have to accept I am posting in a predominantly male environment. 

• Like 1

I was on the site way back around the time it started but went off if for a while and lost my loging details. Rejoined midway through the title winning season because I wanted to soak up as much of the buzz as possible. Been hooked ever since.

I tend to lurk in the Leicester City threads and don't say much because there are too many overly defensive or abusive people when you post something they don't agree with. But there's a lot to love in the general discussion threads

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Perhaps) and a guy ( local councillor maybe) who’s principal achievement seemed to be having his trousers fall down at a school prize giving ) . I was hooked

( perhaps I dreamt the whole thing lol)

There was a Lord Mayor of Leicester who’s trouser fell down in front of a load of kids, when he was reading them a story. 

The matchday thread aside, we seem to have a decent balance of knowledge (sport political, environmental, health and general knowledge) as well as many well educated and informed posters that most football forums seem to lack.

I like it here. I visit every day and I check out nearly all the topics just to see what has been contributed. There's occasional slack times but, generally I can be entertained, informed every day.

I've tried recipes, beers and foods that people have posted, I've watched films that have been recommended (when I've been able to find the channel they were on :P). I've been saddened and enlightened by posters personal experiences. I've even laughed at @Izzy's "jokes".

FT is a whole world of individual people coming here to be part of something. And the coming together and the differences of views, backgrounds, education, life experience etc. makes this forum unique.  That's what I feel and I'll be here for as long as I'm able. 

Or until a ban lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I lurked for a long time before I started posting, it changed in the title winning season when I didn't have anyone else to talk about it with, and I desperately needed to talk, I also was looking for extra tickets for my children too.

After that I never left, I put up with the occasional misogyny and abuse because the overall community feeling from most far outweighs the cvntish behaviour of the minority, and like I've said before, rightly or wrongly, I have to accept I am posting in a predominantly male environment. 

I find your views and opinions far more balanced and well informed than us bunch of willy pullers. I'm glad it is just the minority although it's a shame you have to come across anything like that at all 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

But you do it with intelligence and knowledge and that makes a difference. I don't think many male posters would deny that.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Parafox said:

BTW, I used to visit when at work during any down time until EMAS IT blocked it. 

Bastards.

To be fair if be concerned for my wellbeing if I was in the back of an ambulance and I saw my paramedic was on Foxestalk lol

Think I'd question your credentials 

Initially, to share genuinely abhorrent jokes before I came back to Leicester for uni 15 years ago. My first thread was about the sickest jokes you'd ever heard and it lasted about three days because of morally reprehensible you lot showed yourselves to be.

Been hooked ever since.

5 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

To be fair if be concerned for my wellbeing if I was in the back of an ambulance and I saw my paramedic was on Foxestalk lol

Think I'd question your credentials 

Particularly so, as I would also be eating sandwiches and a packet of crisps. 

That's not an easy thing to do whilst performing CPR.

Edited by Parafox
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Why google "how to do cpr" when you can post a question about it in the general forums questions thread?

Yeah, but how can you validate the credentials of the replies?

Have you followed the transfer threads? lol

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Particularly so, as I would also be eating sandwiches and a packet of crisps. 

That's not an easy thing to do whilst performing CPR.

place a fried egg on the sternum and press down where the yolk is..

Edited by MPH