Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCGraphix

Comic Strip

Looks great! :appl:

If I'm hyper-critical, then I'd add some more options to those "Hmmm, Ooops, OMG" etc. bubbles. Perhaps some match-specific ones too?

But brilliant work, look forward to see the future ones. 

In fact, come to thing of it, perhaps you doing these are what's given us four wins out of four, so don't you dare stop...lol

22 hours ago, LCGraphix said:

For those that know me on Social media, ive started doing a comic strip for each game, Roy of the rovers style. Im determined to do the full season win, lose or draw and will look to collate them into a book at the end if interest is still there!

IMG_3323.jpeg

IMG_3410.jpeg

IMG_3406.jpeg

Brilliant stuff 👏 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HitchinFox said:

Looks great! :appl:

If I'm hyper-critical, then I'd add some more options to those "Hmmm, Ooops, OMG" etc. bubbles. Perhaps some match-specific ones too?

But brilliant work, look forward to see the future ones. 

In fact, come to thing of it, perhaps you doing these are what's given us four wins out of four, so don't you dare stop...lol

thanks for the feedback, its certainly something i will look at, it got that old feel to it, say vintage batman currently, but as it progresses ill defo look at different bubbles 

• Like 1

On 21/08/2023 at 19:13, Pliskin said:

These a great, really cool feature in my opinion. Keep it up! 

If the season goes well, you could probably turn it into a mini comic that could be sold as a keep sake…. I’d buy one given the option! 

On 21/08/2023 at 19:14, Aus Fox said:

If we were to win the league or get promoted - this book would be hugely popular in my opinion.

I’ll 100% buy a copy! Is there anywhere we can follow you and see the work each week?

12 hours ago, SkidsFox said:

Great stuff!  As mentioned already, this would make a great book, I'm sure it'd sell as a gift idea for LC fans.

But if we have a shit season it'll be yesterday's chip paper. A lot like my matchdat enjoyment, totally out of our hands.

I like it, just had to offer balance. 🤣

Brilliant, cant wait to see more as fhe season progresses.

Randomly thought of the guy who did excellent drawings for every match of the title winning season and just fell short of interest to publish it. Anyone remember what that thread was called? Think he might have been Japanese but could be wrong.

These are good. Its very difficult to capture the feel of the whole game in 1 page, and I think you're managed it, so would be a great record of the whole season, if you can get through 50 games! 

If you are open to feedback & ideas:

It depends on how much you want the reader to work at knowing who they played and what the result was. The first one has a great scene setting picture, but doesn't mention its against Cov: the third uses a whole 6th of the page to tell us it's against Cardiff. The 1st and 3rd have a neat final score, but you'd need to read every panel to work out Huddersfield was 1-0.

The classic Batman sound effects were POW! and BLAM! meant to evoke the sound of the action... An abbreviation such as OMG doesn't pack that punch (old man ranting at clouds point!) 

When you are doing 50 of these, you'll probably want to vary it up... These 3 all have the same panel layout, so visually a lot of pages will look the same. Could be worth looking at https://www.vulture.com/article/100-most-influential-pages-comic-book-history.html to get some ideas of different layouts. For example, a 1-0 game could be one to have the whole page based around 1 big picture of the goal - maybe with smaller panels around.

But thess things evolve over a whole year, so will enjoy reading these if you keep it up! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Golden Fox said:

These are good. Its very difficult to capture the feel of the whole game in 1 page, and I think you're managed it, so would be a great record of the whole season, if you can get through 50 games! 

If you are open to feedback & ideas:

It depends on how much you want the reader to work at knowing who they played and what the result was. The first one has a great scene setting picture, but doesn't mention its against Cov: the third uses a whole 6th of the page to tell us it's against Cardiff. The 1st and 3rd have a neat final score, but you'd need to read every panel to work out Huddersfield was 1-0.

The classic Batman sound effects were POW! and BLAM! meant to evoke the sound of the action... An abbreviation such as OMG doesn't pack that punch (old man ranting at clouds point!) 

When you are doing 50 of these, you'll probably want to vary it up... These 3 all have the same panel layout, so visually a lot of pages will look the same. Could be worth looking at https://www.vulture.com/article/100-most-influential-pages-comic-book-history.html to get some ideas of different layouts. For example, a 1-0 game could be one to have the whole page based around 1 big picture of the goal - maybe with smaller panels around.

But thess things evolve over a whole year, so will enjoy reading these if you keep it up! 

Thanks for the feedback, always good to hear peoples views etc, everything will evolve as the season progresses and how results pan out. for instance if its a high scoring affair we will see double page spreads where as a boring 0-0 could be just 2 pictures lol. on your other points i think its good to mix it up for each game, im aiming for a full comic book of the season win lose or draw so keep looking out

• Like 2