Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

I want him to stay. What I will not have again though is another manager knowing we can’t spend saying he needs ‘a refresh’ or that the squad isn’t as good as they think they are. We’ve had that before and it was toxic. So he needs to be happy with what he’s got and coach them into being better than their individual parts. Look what Bielsa did in the early days with Championship players. He never moaned and just got on with improving them. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Who would be these English clubs interested in him? If he goes imo it will be Italian clubs or Sevilla where he’ll end up. 

Notice all this talk of other clubs interested comes at the same time a new contract is mentioned...

• Like 2

I hope all this talk about Seville isn’t just to get a new contract (probably is) but we definitely shouldn’t be doing that. Done a brilliant job in the end but let’s see how he copes when it gets really difficult next season before giving him 10 fecking mill a year. Plenty of worrying signs toward the end of the season which I didn’t like. 

5 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I hope all this talk about Seville isn’t just to get a new contract (probably is) but we definitely shouldn’t be doing that. Done a brilliant job in the end but let’s see how he copes when it gets really difficult next season before giving him 10 fecking mill a year. Plenty of worrying signs toward the end of the season which I didn’t like. 

Worrying yet no other manager would have got the group playing together and winning the league after the state Rodger’s left us in that’s what a lot of people just brush under the carpet 

23 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Worrying yet no other manager would have got the group playing together and winning the league after the state Rodger’s left us in that’s what a lot of people just brush under the carpet 

I agree he deserves a massive amount of credit for that but you can’t say no other manager would have. If he hadn’t have got us up with that squad he would have failed massively. 

• Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I agree he deserves a massive amount of credit for that but you can’t say no other manager would have. If he hadn’t have got us up with that squad he would have failed massively. 

3 teams staked the claim to having the best squad in the league. Lots of predictions had either Leeds or Southampton winning it (and granted some Leicester). Only 1 team could do it, and the manager who did it deserves credit.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

3 teams staked the claim to having the best squad in the league. Lots of predictions had either Leeds or Southampton winning it (and granted some Leicester). Only 1 team could do it, and the manager who did it deserves credit.

Agreed but anyone outside of those 3 teams will tell you we had the best squad in the league. We probably had the best in championship history. We proved it and won the league, he’s done great but I wouldn’t say this means he deserves a new contract. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

No other Manager?

I don’t know about that 

• Like 1

Enzo wants England. He wants to manage here. 

He is currently a PL manager, IF he was to leave, where does he go ? Arsenal, Man C, Chelsea - are too big for him and probably set.

Man U, Liv - might be looking but waaaaaay too big for him. 

Spurs - think they are too big for him.

Brighton, Palace, West Ham (now), Brentford, Everton, Bournemouth, Fulham - all set.

Sheff U, Burnley and Luton look like they are going down.

Ipswich, very well set. 

That leaves ****ing Forest. 

I hope the club don’t believe the hype as they did last time. Offer him (on all fronts) what is reasonable and, if it isn’t enough, shake hands and move on. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

McKenna? Seemed to do it well with an on paper inferior side.

8 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Agreed but anyone outside of those 3 teams will tell you we had the best squad in the league. We probably had the best in championship history. We proved it and won the league, he’s done great but I wouldn’t say this means he deserves a new contract. 

Only certain Leicester fans stake claim to that. Our midfield was average with no rotation, and without KDH - terrible. 

• Like 1

Just now, Chelmofox said:

Only certain Leicester fans stake claim to that. Our midfield was average with no rotation, and without KDH - terrible. 

And Ipswich? Are there many of their players if any that would leap straight into our team? I think McKenna has surpassed Enzo quite convincingly with what he had to work with including injuries. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Average but commanding hundreds of thousands in wages and pl experience. 
let’s not forget how top heavy our squad was and although they turned out shit, how many teams would be crying out for nacho and daka as starters in the champ?

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

And Ipswich? Are there many of their players if any that would leap straight into our team? I think McKenna has surpassed Enzo quite convincingly with what he had to work with including injuries. 

We were talking about Enzo and us having the 'best team ever assembled' . To be perfectly frank, the claim is bull****.  We actually had the best defence in the league (even though everyone is after the 2 center backs heads), and especially for the 1st half of the season our goals against was phenomenal.  Our Midfield has been our problem. We are actually pretty fortunate that KDH and Winks didn't suffer any injuries, as we had no proper rotation for either. When Ndidi was injured and we lost Cassadei (who was a youth loanee anyway), we had literally no one to play in that role.  We walked through the season on a knife edge in midfield.   McKenna did a great job but shipped 57 goals. Nothing but admiration for his achievement. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I’d snap your hand off for McKenna - back to back promotions  with a limited budget players playing beyond themselves.  Hirst was a big signing for them.

We had the best at the very least one of the best squads in the league.   Enzo had a decent budget to bring players in.  

Next season will show if Enzo is a good manager.  With a limited budget we should still have a good shot at survival, 

Edited by Finn Claw II
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I disagree very few managers would have done it 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Average but commanding hundreds of thousands in wages and pl experience. 
let’s not forget how top heavy our squad was and although they turned out shit, how many teams would be crying out for nacho and daka as starters in the champ?

Our fans look at Nacho with blue tinted specs.  Especially in the Championship where defenders of the lower teams play for their lives and double up on attackers.  And wages mean nothing.  A lot of the core new signings (Mads, Mavididi, Fatawu, Cassadei, Yunus) had no PL experience.  The core of our team were relegation bottlers with a bunch of high wage plonkers (Praet, Nacho, Daka, Ward) who barely wanted to be here anymore. Even Ndidi agreed terms with our most despised rivals and barely played a decent game after injury.  KDH had a poor PL season last year, and Winks was out of favour (and the xfer largely panned before we saw him play). All our fans call out Daka as complete crap - until you want to talk about our amazing squad all of a sudden and then he is wanted by everyone! After a good small renaissance, Daka showed the shooting prowess of my wife after a curry and half a bottle of Rose.