Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

3 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Are they really cash strapped? Thought they were considerably quite wealthy? Among the Top 7 in Spain financially speaking. I think if they make an offer for Enzo he will be off.

We need to have a contingency plan:

If Luton go down would like Rob Edwards here, or David Moyes or Danny Rohl.

They have basically screwed up the same way we did with player transfers - switched from buying cheap talent and selling high to buying more experienced players on big contracts

They are also about to stop getting all their usual European football income as well

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

They have basically screwed up the same way we did with player transfers - switched from buying cheap talent and selling high to buying more experienced players on big contracts

They are also about to stop getting all their usual European football income as well

They've also lost Monchi, Emery and a few other backroom staff who helped identify and find these lower priced gems.

15 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

What pisses me off about him is his lack of pragmatism and his refusal to rotate/make subs.

This at first was offset by his championing of young players from the academy but that dried up as well.

Jury is out for me on the strong propensity to rile me very easily. 

Absolutely agree. Everything started incredibly well. Depression lifted, new players, old one's revitalised, discipline, new system, better fitness. 

However, when a new system works well initially, don't be surprised when other managers study it and find ways to negate it, it's their job, even with poorer teams.

It's then when a genuinely good manager adapts or changes his tactics either before or even mid game. We will have to wait until next season to see if Enzo has the nous and minerals to do this or be a one trick pony like Kompany. 

The Premiership is made up of far more than just Manchester City and a

Arsenal. There are a number of mediocre teams who we should be capable of competing with a good manager and some half decent incoming players. What we don't need is another Rodgers clone of all philosophy and no knickers. Sometimes you have to win without the beautiful game.

• Like 4

If Sevilla can’t afford his £10m release clause presumably they can’t afford the £1bn worth of players required to make them ‘competitive’ - just like us.

If he really wants to manage Soumane, then just reintegrate him into our squad…..

3 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

Really wish Balague would go and do one. The timing of this article is absurd. Not even allowed the dust to settle. 

For me he's becoming a big problem. Either today's article has been orchestrated with Maresca, in which case questions need to be raised as to why Maresca is playing this out in public, or Balague has seen an opportunity to spout a load of half truths to stir the pot whilst Maresca is away on a jolly with the boss. Whichever way it is, Balague needs to be reined in because we can't be allowing this sort of nonsense to destabilise what is already a fragile club. 

Stop engaging with anything he produces. Don't read his articles and dont engage with him on twitter. If his stuff going 0 engagement, he would disappear. 

Championship winners Leicester - how Enzo Maresca guided Foxes to promotion - BBC Sport

Maresca and his family are comfortable in Leicester. His children have stayed in England for most of their lives and any change of location always brings with it a degree of personal drama. But the Italian coach doesn’t see himself having a long career in management, so every step along the way has to be calculated with care.

It is logical that Maresca, with offers from European Cup winners and Spanish and Italian teams, and interest from English clubs, would consider all of his options after listening to the chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha during the squad break in Monaco on the Thai businessman's yacht.

11 minutes ago, Noahfence said:

You’d think Enzo would want at least 1 season to have a crack at the Prem. if he keeps us up that will mean he’s done a phenomenal job. 

It's a Win;Win in terms of reputation. 

Keep us up and he's done brilliantly.

Go down, but go down by a small margin and he's done well as we started on -6 (or more, or less) 

• Like 1

If you read Enzo’s comments, it’s not the limited resources that worry him, it’s the fact he has insinuated he may have been lied to about the financial situation. He’s happy to have a season of consolidation from his comments next season, if it means he is eventually building towards his target.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Stop engaging with anything he produces. Don't read his articles and dont engage with him on twitter. If his stuff going 0 engagement, he would disappear. 

I don't bother with social media on any fronts. Unfortunately I came across this on the BBC football page and hadn't realised until clicking into the article that he was the author. By that point he'd got his click so was worth reading to see what nonsense he'd spouted this time.

The point remains though that he needs reining in. If Maresca is involved in drip feeding this nonsense, no amount of people ignoring these articles is going to reduce the likelihood of the content being published as clearly he'll want this out there.

6 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

I don't bother with social media on any fronts. Unfortunately I came across this on the BBC football page and hadn't realised until clicking into the article that he was the author. By that point he'd got his click so was worth reading to see what nonsense he'd spouted this time.

The point remains though that he needs reining in. If Maresca is involved in drip feeding this nonsense, no amount of people ignoring these articles is going to reduce the likelihood of the content being published as clearly he'll want this out there.

Reining in by whom ?

I’ve no idea what EM has and hasn’t said, but the noise around him seems to be he could go. 

If he was misled about the financial position of the club, that’s not great. But, whether from him, Balague or whoever, the message seems to that we are fortunate to have him.

Just my view but he’s hardly earned the right at all yet. Yeah he’s done pretty well, but he’s taken probably the strongest squad in championship history up, and let’s be fair we crawled over the last aside from 2 convincing displays. 

McKenna, for example, has achieved something much more impressive. 

11 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

I too clicked on the BBC article but try and avoid all his social stuff. He really annoys me. Got on my wick that he went to the Preston game when i couldn't get tickets.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Patrick said:

There's an interesting new Balague piece on the BBC Sport site. Once again expresses his anger over the financial situation, makes it clear he has no intention of changing his style of play for the PL and needs squad changes to avoid the issues Burnley have faced this season. Also says there are offers from 'European Cup winners' as well as interest from other English clubs. Doesn't see himself having a long management career so every decision must be 'calculated with care'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c4n1v47jl42o

Balague is an arsehole, but it's in a revealing piece. Essentially trying to use interest elsewhere as leverage to get what he wants here - all I'll say is no one man is bigger than this club, and if he's not happy with transfer funds or the wage bill, then he's free to pursue his options in my opinion. He shouldn't overplay his hand - I can't believe anyone who watched us during that run-in is beating a path to his door, let alone 'top' Italian and Spanish clubs. 

• Like 3

I'd assume we will lean heavily on John Morris/Wasserman again for a shortlist if he does go? Basically everyone we were linked to last summer was their client.

My reading of the situation when Oscar Garcia went to OHL, was that he was being primed as a successor. However it's gone pretty tragically for him there so not sure KP could sell him in to the fans after such a poor showing at OHL?

John has Carlos Vicens, another Pep deciple on his roster, also Anthony Barry is an interesting one who has had some fantastic coaching experiences. Although looks like he is going to give the EFL a go first.

The obvious name that will never go away is Graham Potter, now he's had his gap year ;) 

1 hour ago, westernpark said:

If you read Enzo’s comments, it’s not the limited resources that worry him, it’s the fact he has insinuated he may have been lied to about the financial situation. He’s happy to have a season of consolidation from his comments next season, if it means he is eventually building towards his target.

This is the way I read it too. And as you’ve also said, I hope this paper talk does apply pressure, we need the hierarchy to fully pull their finger out. 

I was slightly annoyed with Enzo with his perceived lack of pragmatism but I really hope he stays and if these talks means he walks away due to their incompetence then he’ll have done up in my estimation further. I hope he gets the answers and support he is looking for from these meetings, as I believe if he does that will be our best chance of staying up. 

• Like 1

Sorry if it’s already been posted in case anyone is wondering what we’re referring to:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/c4n1v47jl42o

I find this GB dude equally fascinating and annoying. The more he speaks the more it seems like he’s Enzo’s unofficial PR man.

we know the two are tight as a gnat’s arse.

i do pay attention though to remain neutral just to catch any snippets of info on our very hush hush executives and chairman.

they don’t say much at all to us the fans so we have to go digging elsewhere on what they are thinking. Through GB it seems Enzo revealed his discussion with Top at the beginning of the season. Top asked Enzo he wants us to play like man city for instance. I actually do believe he was kept in the dark on the FFP impact. We saw this with Bodgers too. It’s not good for trust so I hope Top and Enzo work this out on their lux holiday in Monaco. In fact I hope Enzo tells top he needs to get rid of Rudkin and co. Despite our reservations we have a coach that wants to succeed. He may not be stubborn as it appears and become the adaptable coach we all want him to be in the premier league. Let’s wait and see.

2 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Championship winners Leicester - how Enzo Maresca guided Foxes to promotion - BBC Sport

Maresca and his family are comfortable in Leicester. His children have stayed in England for most of their lives and any change of location always brings with it a degree of personal drama. But the Italian coach doesn’t see himself having a long career in management, so every step along the way has to be calculated with care.

It is logical that Maresca, with offers from European Cup winners and Spanish and Italian teams, and interest from English clubs, would consider all of his options after listening to the chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha during the squad break in Monaco on the Thai businessman's yacht.

Interesting article given it's from Enzo's media mouthpiece. 

'Considering his options' - Sounds like he'd probably like to leave. 

Maybe we'll make some of the money back we had to fork out to get rid of BR!