Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

Just now, Lesta2014 said:

Interesting that he said Daka hasn’t played ‘yet’. I can see him getting a run out against liverpool as that’s essentially a free hit and good to get mins into squad legs. 

Costs us £5m to play him apparently but Enzo won't care if he thinks it's the right thing to do.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Insanely good appointment. Whisper it but Does Rudkin deserve a modicum of credit for getting it so right? He would definitely be getting a fair bit of blame if we hired Russell Martin and sat in 13th like Southampton. 

There's a rumour that Susan Wheelan interviewed him without Rudkin at the first stage. Make of that what you will...

As for Enzo... Magnificio! A breath of fresh air.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lesta2014 said:

Is that true the 5m thing? League cup may not count if it’s limited to league appearances? 

From what I gather he's one appearance away from us paying another £5m installment. Explains why he didn't play whilst the window was open as it would have made zero financial sense. Being as we are now 'stuck' with him until at least January I guess Enzo will make the call as to whether its worth the extra £5m to play him. If he likes what he sees in training and feels like he will add something then I've got no issue with that.

3 minutes ago, ChrisFilter said:

Vincenzo isn’t the same as Henry. It’s the same as Vincent. Isn’t it?

Well, this is interesting. It is the same as Vincent. 

It’s from the Latin for ‘to win’. And is the same word as in the end of Nessun Dorma - “Vincedor, vincedor, vincedoooooor” - Andrea Bocelli 2016. 

It all makes sense now. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Apparently, it's from the Italian Lorenzo. 

Derived from the German, Heinrich.

Which is Henry in English.

Enzo is just a shortened version of several names, in Maresca’s case it’s a shortened version of Vincenzo. Can also be used as a nickname for Lorenzo, Fiorenzo and others.. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_77 said:

Enzo is just a shortened version of several names, in Maresca’s case it’s a shortened version of Vincenzo. Can also be used as a nickname for Lorenzo, Fiorenzo and others.. 

You're right.

I apologise and stand corrected.

In this case, it is short for Vincenzo, so effectively, his name is Vince.

Thats arguably worse than Henry.

• Haha 4