Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

McKenna? Seemed to do it well with an on paper inferior side.

We wouldn’t have been able to get him though I’m talking managers that were available and even he would have failed imo. Enzo was the perfect type of manager to bring in.

Edited by whoareyaaa

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Agreed but anyone outside of those 3 teams will tell you we had the best squad in the league. We probably had the best in championship history. We proved it and won the league, he’s done great but I wouldn’t say this means he deserves a new contract. 

We had a good squad but most of them wanted out and we wasn’t playing as a team takes a certain type of manager to fix that especially with a squad of internationals 

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 1

Just now, Chelmofox said:

Our fans look at Nacho with blue tinted specs.  Especially in the Championship where defenders of the lower teams play for their lives and double up on attackers.  And wages mean nothing.  A lot of the core new signings (Mads, Mavididi, Fatawu, Cassadei, Yunus) had no PL experience.  The core of our team were relegation bottlers with a bunch of high wage plonkers (Praet, Nacho, Daka, Ward) who barely wanted to be here anymore. Even Ndidi agreed terms with our most despised rivals and barely played a decent game after injury.  KDH had a poor PL season last year, and Winks was out of favour (and the xfer largely panned before we saw him play). All our fans call out Daka as complete crap - until you want to talk about our amazing squad all of a sudden and then he is wanted by everyone! After a good small renaissance, Daka showed the shooting prowess of my wife after a curry and half a bottle of Rose.

When you talk about how bad the midfield is and lack of rotation, maybe a different manager plays more than one striker, yes wanting Daka is relative to what you have. Just because he was shit for us and there was a alternative solution that netted 20 and a club legend, doesn’t mean another club wouldn’t have valued Daka 10-15 goals over the course of the season 

6 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

When you talk about how bad the midfield is and lack of rotation, maybe a different manager plays more than one striker, yes wanting Daka is relative to what you have. Just because he was shit for us and there was a alternative solution that netted 20 and a club legend, doesn’t mean another club wouldn’t have valued Daka 10-15 goals over the course of the season 

The manager got promoted with 2 games to spare and got 97 points. Why should he use a different system all of a sudden? And even if we moved to 4-3-3 or a variant of 4-4-2, it would have still meant that after Winks, KDH and Ndidi we had no one with any credentials in there. 

16 minutes ago, Finn Claw II said:

Midfield: Preat, casdei, Yunus, Albirghton, Marcal, Hamza -  that’s our reserve midfield - it’s pretty good on paper at least 

Praet has been next to useless at any level, cannot play 90 minutes nor more than 3 games consecutively. Cassadei was a development loan who will probably now look at this season as a wasted opportunity.  I personally don't rate Yunus but i know many do - he's ok but not going to say he was going to be the driving force behind any top 6 championship teams promotion bid. Sharkey couldn't get into West Brom's team last season and whilst i love the bloke, wouldn't have got in the Leeds or Southampton teams. Marcal has actually been disappointing other than a few fleeting interesting performances. Most of the forum hate Hamza - i rate him actually but he's inconsistent. If he was in the Southampton or Leeds team would he have made the difference between 3/4 or 1st - i doubt it.

25 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

We had a good squad but most of them wanted out and we wasn’t playing as a team takes a certain type of manager to fix that especially with a squad of internationals 

I think he deserves credit but a new contract would be a bit extreme 

21 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

The manager got promoted with 2 games to spare and got 97 points. Why should he use a different system all of a sudden? And even if we moved to 4-3-3 or a variant of 4-4-2, it would have still meant that after Winks, KDH and Ndidi we had no one with any credentials in there. 

Because you are talking about how bad the midfield was.

Just now, HankMarvin said:

Because you are talking about how bad the midfield was.

I’m saying it’s not the best there ever has been and a change in formation doesn’t change that. In fact, playing a back 3 with Riccy inverting took the pressure off the midfield. The problem was the inability to bring on any subs that could do anything if any of them were injured or playing badly. 

8 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I’m saying it’s not the best there ever has been and a change in formation doesn’t change that. In fact, playing a back 3 with Riccy inverting took the pressure off the midfield. The problem was the inability to bring on any subs that could do anything if any of them were injured or playing badly. 

Half the season, we had Casadei not exactly paupers in the context of the Championship.  

Just now, HankMarvin said:

Half the season, we had Casadei not exactly paupers in the context of the Championship.  

And tell me, when did we hit our sticky patch?

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What pisses me off about him is his lack of pragmatism and his refusal to rotate/make subs.

This at first was offset by his championing of young players from the academy but that dried up as well.

Jury is out for me on the strong propensity to rile me very easily

Is there anyone that won't? 😅

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

And tell me, when did we hit our sticky patch?

You said our midfield was average, a quick look on transfer market values it at 30m more than Southampton and 20m more than Leeds. It’s all relative.

its not like other teams in the division were blessed with Central midfield options.

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What pisses me off about him is his lack of pragmatism and his refusal to rotate/make subs.

This at first was offset by his championing of young players from the academy but that dried up as well.

Jury is out for me on the strong propensity to rile me very easily. 

Unless you fancy that you yourself would be good manager, then his differing with your (and most of us) technical choices is surely to be applauded.  :D

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Sly said:

Cash strapped Sevilla? 

Out of the frying pan …. 

Are they really cash strapped? Thought they were considerably quite wealthy? Among the Top 7 in Spain financially speaking. I think if they make an offer for Enzo he will be off.

We need to have a contingency plan:

If Luton go down would like Rob Edwards here, or David Moyes or Danny Rohl.

6 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Are they really cash strapped? Thought they were considerably quite wealthy? Among the Top 7 in Spain financially speaking. I think if they make an offer for Enzo he will be off.

We are never getting Moyes, owners like to see is play sideways and backwards passes for the majority of the game. Puel, Rodgers, maresca…

28 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Yeah a real basket case, ownership dispute, 777 partners involved, monchi replaced by victor orta of leeds fame, crappie infrastructure 

14 hours ago, Finn Claw II said:

I’d snap your hand off for McKenna - back to back promotions  with a limited budget players playing beyond themselves.  Hirst was a big signing for them.

We had the best at the very least one of the best squads in the league.   Enzo had a decent budget to bring players in.  

Next season will show if Enzo is a good manager.  With a limited budget we should still have a good shot at survival, 

Two promotions and no trophies though, doesn't hit our criteria of serial pot winner. 

Posted (edited)

There's an interesting new Balague piece on the BBC Sport site. Once again expresses his anger over the financial situation, makes it clear he has no intention of changing his style of play for the PL and needs squad changes to avoid the issues Burnley have faced this season. Also says there are offers from 'European Cup winners' as well as interest from other English clubs. Doesn't see himself having a long management career so every decision must be 'calculated with care'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c4n1v47jl42o

Edited by Patrick

Feels like his biggest strength going into next season, is his relationship with the players. 

Whereas, many fans have struggled to appreciate his style of management, a lot of the players wax lyrical about him and the way he wants us to play. 

On body language alone, you can see how well he has bonded with the squad, and I think that can't be underestimated going into next season.

He needs an almost perfect Summer of recruitment though and a win early on, or I can see him being hounded brutally early into the season. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Patrick said:

There's an interesting new Balague piece on the BBC Sport site. Once again expresses his anger over the financial situation, makes it clear he has no intention of changing his style of play for the PL and needs squad changes to avoid the issues Burnley have faced this season. Also says there are offers from 'European Cup winners' as well as interest from other English clubs. Doesn't see himself having a long management career so every decision must be 'calculated with care'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c4n1v47jl42o

'...He also won't want to make some of the mistakes Vincent Kompany made at Burnley, believing most of his promoted squad could keep them up. Changes to Leicester's squad are required.'

Yes yes yes! That is exactly what I want to hear. Enzo needs to be brutal over the Summer and actually drop players like Faes and Veste.

Will be the only way we stay up!