Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

2 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I don’t think he’ll be here next season. Just get that impression from his interviews. My worry is we’ll end up with Moyes. 

He wouldn't come here, his stock is higher than ours.....

48 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I find it interesting how Enzo has said similar things to Rodgers and one is seen as a pariah the other a saint.

Should there be changes made? Yes 100% but we need to be careful of giving any manager whether that be Enzo or anyone else to much power.

Context is the key here. Rodgers was here for several years with the club in a decent financial position and he slowly took control of the recruitment of very average players on a lot of money. And of course more broadly than that, he ruined the club, threw the fans under the bus etc. Enzo is saying things at a time when we've had success, and the financial issues are very severe. He had to have known to an extent but looks at the club's arrogant attitude over the whole situation would suggest that things were hidden from him. 

Completely agree with the power aspect, for the reason with Rodgers above

It's been real up and down with Enzo this year. Such a breath of fresh air and immediately likeable. Then his stubborness, lack of flexibility and some handling of certain off the field incidents eroded a lot of that good will, and the latter certainly tarnished his image a man of principles. But there have since been a few signs that he might be willing to adapt.

Either way, it's imperative he's here next season. This club needs continuity and when you spend a year embedding a specific style of play, to then abandon that would be pretty bad. Not to mention the love the players have for him.

58 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

'I'm possibly demanding something from a manager that is impossible to get completely spot on.'

You might not be generally, but in the context of a manager we could attract, probably!

'Plenty to like about Enzo. The football is good, he's cut from a different cloth to most which is refreshing but I'd still shake hands and see him off to pastures new with plenty of goodwill all around'

You say there is plenty to like about the man, you like football style and you like his personal qualities.... you should be fighting to keep this guy tooth and nail, if you think about it! 😄 

I just don't think he suits the predicament we are in and the bits that piss me and possibly other fans off will be exacerbated next season IMO.

• Like 1

If Enzo walked it would be concerning as the whole crew who took us down will still be in place with no change of mindset and  we’ll probably end up having a Sheffield United type of season. Still that’s for August. 

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I just don't think he suits the predicament we are in and the bits that piss me and possibly other fans off will be exacerbated next season IMO.

I'm not sure the part that piss me off is our inability to best a low block, we aren't going to face that next season.

We are highly unlikely to have 60% possession in any game and I think that can work in our favour.

At times we have been brilliant on the break this season, and have pressed really well.

It's just about blending it together.

I think we have :fc: two wingers who will love the extra space.

Biggest worry for me is the 3 CBs.

38 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I guess time will tell. I am quite excited at both the prospect of a full pre-season the players will get under him and the kind of recruitment we will do.

I was impresses with the recruitment last summer, and pre-season was heavily disrupted through events not of his own making.

Hopefully, as a young manager, he will have learned something from this season so hopefully some of the things that didn't quite work out can be ironed out.

I think in terms of 'stubborness', I guess there is a fine line between showing your the boss and giving the players consistent clear message about how to play and looking intractable! 

I find it baffling from King Power that if they truly want a certain footballing style, which they seem to, that they do not employ a true dof to ensure the desired continuity. Cos our John ain't it. 

• Like 1

In the context of football, I'd be distraught if he went before the start of the season. For the first time in a very long time, we have a manager playing with a clear vision of what he wants his football to look like. Compared to Brendan, Puel etc etc etc., it's such a refreshing change (yes, Maresca plays a different style to those genuine tippy tap merchants). 

Someone a few months ago made a really interesting point about the culture of the club and the city, and whether Enzo fits with 'us'. I think that's such a good point, because ultimately, he doesn't. Not compared to what a large chunk of our fans expect a Leicester side to look and play like. I guess this is maybe a hit of a battle for the future of the club? 

Sevilla are monitoring Leicester City boss Enzo Maresca after leading the team to Premier League promotion as the Foxes prepare to start talks over his future... with English clubs also interested in the Italian

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Sevilla are monitoring Leicester City boss Enzo Maresca after leading the team to Premier League promotion as the Foxes prepare to start talks over his future... with English clubs also interested in the Italian

There is talk of us giving him an improved deal so you’d need to take that into account re the leaks 

Posted (edited)

I know he used to play for them but Sevilla still wouldn't be a good move for him in terms of being backed in the transfer market etc.

Unless a decent Italian side goes in for him I expect he will still be here at the start of the season

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

On 05/05/2024 at 11:23, winteriscoming said:

I don’t think he’ll be here next season. Just get that impression from his interviews. My worry is we’ll end up with Moyes. 

Moves would be unbelievable here

4 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

I dont think we need the upheaval of another new manager and style. we needed continuity and theres no such thing at the perfect manager , unless you want to mention pep but even then hes had hundreds of millions to spend.

Keep if he wants to stay.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

There is talk of us giving him an improved deal so you’d need to take that into account re the leaks 

He's going to come out of this mini holiday with a Rodgers like contract isn't he 🤦‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Mark said:

He's going to come out of this mini holiday with a Rodgers like contract isn't he 🤦‍♂️

Fool me once, fool me twice……

so yes, definitely 

If he stays he surely needs to abandon/adapt his style of play? We can't go to PL games with Vesty and Faes and playing from the back. Bookies will lock all our games as N/A for certain bets. Same applies to Ipswich and Southampton if the latter go up. Given the lack of quality and intelligent CBs everywhere Enzo will have to deploy a proper deep low block and hit on the counter by getting FBs like Ricardo involved cautiously. 

Might be wrong but feels like the press reports (/careful leaks) are to help Enzo achieve a new contract, more control and assurances. Given when his career ended and his managerial career to date I doubt he’s had a real top salary (or pay off!). He’s also clearly not happy after the Jan window and has openly sought talks.

Right now he’s heading into negotiations with a strong hand so you’d assume (and I think hope) that he’s successful.