Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

14 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Just like we were in ‘cheat mode’ the year that we got relegated with top 10 wages? So much hindsight bias, most of the predictions at the start of the season were not automatic promotion as champions. As we started the season in an amazing way, expectations naturally changed. 

The FFP punishments clearly show the club isn’t being run properly, and he’s right to call out not being informed. Change is clearly needed, you’d be an ostrich 😉 to think otherwise. 

HMS Piss the League had a very large crew.

50 minutes ago, ramadaone said:

I will be amazed if he is in charge at the start of next season

There isn't going to be a manager who comes in who isn't frustrated with our financial positions or who won't find our board annoying. If Enzo goes, you are all mad if you think Potter is coming.

Lets hope they get round a table and work out the best route to manage next season as best we can. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

There isn't going to be a manager who comes in who isn't frustrated with our financial positions or who won't find our board annoying. If Enzo goes, you are all mad if you think Potter is coming.

Lets hope they get round a table and work out the best route to manage next season as best we can. 

If you accept Balague is speaking on behalf of Enzo, then the Club and he appear miles apart in their thinking.  Pretty clear Enzo thinks a new sporting director is needed but I don’t see Top binning Rudders.

2 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Top and his cronies can do one the sooner the better, we need new ownership.

No owners are perfect but some are a lot less perfect than others. Not saying you are wrong but sometimes it can be a case of be careful what you wish for.

I've not seen any serious suggestions of potential buyers. I guess we could sell out to some corrupt oil state of possibly Mike Ashley might like a go. Or maybe we could strike lucky a second time round?

To play the Enzo way next season and to be successful at it (ie stay up) will require a significant recruitment in better quality players. Whether we will be able to do that on the cheap remains to be seen. 

• Like 1

Just now, Foxmeister said:

Nah, I took the King's schilling the day after relegation but I've always been an optimist.

Me too. Still on board for HMS piss the prem

1 hour ago, JimmyC74 said:

If you accept Balague is speaking on behalf of Enzo, then the Club and he appear miles apart in their thinking.  Pretty clear Enzo thinks a new sporting director is needed but I don’t see Top binning Rudders.

Some chat that rudders may be ‘promoted’ (could be code for ‘eased aside’) to be that sporting director with special responsibility for crisps and nuts 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Some chat that rudders may be ‘promoted’ (could be code for ‘eased aside’) to be that sporting director with special responsibility for crisps and nuts 

Let it be true 🙌🙌

3 hours ago, Basildon Fox said:

4 England internationals in the squad and numerous others from all over the world.

Yes we lost Barnes, Madders, Tielemans among others but we the bought Coady, Winks, Mavadidi, Hermansson etc. for hefty money. We even bought an injured Cannon for £8m.

No one else has been able to get near what we have spent and who we bought in. For us not to go up would have been unthinkable. Do you think Peps achievement in winning the Prem is a bigger achievement than Ranieri for example?

It simply was expected that a squad so expensively put together SHOULD have gone straight back up. I am ecstatic we have done so but no one can tell me that it is any kind of achievement.

Wilf, Iheanacho and Daka were the only ones regular in their international squads at the start of the season, Mads hadn't broken through, Ricardo hasn't played for Portugal in years, likewise Coady, JJ & Winks for England and Praet for Belgium, Vestergaard had been dropped by Denmark, Doyle, Mavididi, Choudhury, Casadei, Nelson, Stolarcyk and cannon only have youth team caps, KDH has never been in an international squad at any level. Fatawu, Faes and Yunus had just a handful of caps and starting to break through and Vardy is retired (think that covers everyone who's played for us this season). To claim it's a squad full of internationals is somewhat misleading 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Top and his cronies can do one the sooner the better, we need new ownership.

Happy Fox?  If I bought you, I'd want my money back due to false advertising! 

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Basildon Fox said:

Let me ask you. If you were in charge would you expect to achieve promotion with the squad we have? I know I would. 

Yes, that would be my goal, as it would for Leeds and Southampton. 

You said it is no achievement at all to be promoted as Champions. 

I disagree. 

Finishing above Southampton and Leeds with similar squads, is an achievement. 

Finishing with (hopefully) 100 points over a gruellingly long season, is an achievement. 

Having a squad full of overpaid and expensive flops with a hangover of relegation could actually be seen as just another challenge Enzo overcame.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Birmingham down. Trophy. People getting really salty when they are wrong. Good day. lol

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, TeaMen Tom said:

i think Enzo may be greasing the skids for an exit. Enzo ball will only work in the Premier League with that talent to play it and right now the club needs talent and may not be able to acquire it.  And if penalties etc are going to prevent a serious talent upgrade, Enzo probably shouldn't return.

Best to sort this out now.

He's never managed in the PL and in my opinion he's not going to walk or leave for a broke Sevilla in La Liga.

His stock is high having just secured promotion as champions so he's in a strong position to change the parts of the club he's not happy with.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lionator said:

There’s no way Rudkin is leaving or else Top wouldn’t carry him around like his little prize chihuahua. 

Rudkin is actually getting a promotion Ceo of Football operations 

Let's say we are hit with an 8-10 point deduction and we won't be able to bring in that many players, I wouldn't blame Enzo that much for assessing his options. 

A bad start and he could be sacked 10 games in and gone from a reputation as an exciting new manager, to one that failed when tested at a higher level. 

There has been a couple of red flags this season with his style and stubbornness, but the relationship with the squad seems very positive and genuine, and I'd prefer to take that into the summer and the beginning next season, than roll the dice again. 

I actually think we will get a 4-6 point deduction and given enough to bring in a handful of players Enzo wants, so likelihood is that he still stays IMO.

1 hour ago, seenitall said:

If Top has any bollocks he’ll sack Enzo tonight and get someone like Cooper in sharpish - save doing it in December when we’re already down 

lol

4 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Let's say we are hit with an 8-10 point deduction and we won't be able to bring in that many players, I wouldn't blame Enzo that much for assessing his options. 

A bad start and he could be sacked 10 games in and gone from a reputation as an exciting new manager, to one that failed when tested at a higher level. 

There has been a couple of red flags this season with his style and stubbornness, but the relationship with the squad seems very positive and genuine, and I'd prefer to take that into the summer and the beginning next season, than roll the dice again. 

I actually think we will get a 4-6 point deduction and given enough to bring in a handful of players Enzo wants, so likelihood is that he still stays IMO.

It won’t be 8-10.

What Enzo seems to want is exactly what all of us fans have been clamouring for for years: A refresh in the upper echelons of the club, displacing Rudkin from DoF and installing someone who can actually mastermind the remoulding of our club.

I'd love us to be a club that actually had identify, competence at director level, and a desire to bring through youth. I'll continue to dream until it happens 🤞🏻

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CloudFox said:

What Enzo seems to want is exactly what all of us fans have been clamouring for for years: A refresh in the upper echelons of the club, displacing Rudkin from DoF and installing someone who can actually mastermind the remoulding of our club.

I'd love us to be a club that actually had identify, competence at director level, and a desire to bring through youth. I'll continue to dream until it happens 🤞🏻

This.

Seems like people are grumbling at Enzo suggesting this, but isn't it what we all want anyway? 

I don't mind not having another YES man and actually quite like Enzo identifying an issue and requesting for change. 

Only argument you can really have, is that he shouldn't have allowed this out in the media. Maybe, he has already tried privately though and wanted to apply some pressure. 

• Like 1