Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Still don’t think I trust him to be in charge of the rebuild…… I’m very uneasy about us going into next season with him as manager. 

I feel the same and it’s bizarre considering we’ve just gone up as champions. Some of the decisions he made during that poor run were really bizarre and could have cost us 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

This.

Seems like people are grumbling at Enzo suggesting this, but isn't it what we all want anyway? 

I don't mind not having another YES man and actually quite like Enzo identifying an issue and requesting for change. 

Only argument you can really have, is that he shouldn't have allowed this out in the media. Maybe, he has already tried privately though and wanted to apply some pressure. 

I'd hazard a guess it's this. If anything it's also achieving another thing we've wanted as fans: To shine a light on the fact that we might have "good" owners, but we are not "well run" behind the scenes due to not having who we need back there.

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Still don’t think I trust him to be in charge of the rebuild…… I’m very uneasy about us going into next season with him as manager. 

I suppose if a new Director of Football came in, he technically wouldn't be in charge of the rebuild? He would instead be more of the Head Coach than the Manager, like Pep is at Man City.

Perhaps I'm being too optimistic there though!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

I suppose if a new Director of Football came in, he technically wouldn't be in charge of the rebuild? He would instead be more of the Head Coach than the Manager, like Pep is at Man City.

I bet he's still desperate to sign Sensi though who hasn't got the body for top level Italian football nevermind the PL

End of last season, I was hoping for maddison, Barnes and Nacho staying, and felt that was the key for us making a promotion push predicting a play off place finish.

Well 2 of them went, and the other hasn't really impressed, and with that the new players coming in have impressed and have had us go up as champions, so all in all, Enzo has done well, however......

Is Enzo a manager that can see when it's necessary to play 5 at the back, can he see how set pieces might get us a vital 3 points when needed, can he see when we're struggling, making 4/5 changes at 60 minutes could change the game, because we may need all these advantages to survive next sesson and i'd hate his pride to be the reason we go back down, I just hope the club don't do something stupid like give him a huge 5 year contract on several million a year.

The club and Enzo have surprised me this year, so I'm Enzo in for next season and trust he's learned alot this season and will be the manager we need to take us forward for next season 

• Like 1

He owes Vardy a drink. Without that players meeting, which appeared to bring a distinct improvement on the tippy tappy style that got rumbled, we might have been looking forward to the play offs. Shame we reverted back to it against Blackburn once we'd done the job but hey ho! 

• Haha 2

I haven’t enjoyed the football,  but he has done all that has been asked of him. He deserves to have a free hit next season. For me it’s about taking the PL money, I honestly don’t expect much at all. Of course his stock is much higher as a manager of a promoted team than a relegated one so he might leave of his own accord. 

We are going to need to get some quality players in though. Playing the way we do with the team we currently have will see us ripped apart every week. 

• Like 1

He got us promoted and we won the league as well, so that’s obviously job done and he deserves considerable praise for that.

But would I be upset if he decided to take his ‘idea’ elsewhere in the summer rather than test it out with us in the Premier League? Can’t say I would.

Sure, there is no guarantee that a replacement would be any better. I don’t have a problem with the way Maresca wants the team to play. But I do have a problem with how tactically rigid, inflexible and naive he is, which to an extent we were reminded of today.

• Like 1

Really not sure about enzo ,today we were back to normal and boring as ****.Also 11 losses  is poor to go up with .I should be really buzzing like 10 yrs ago but this time doesn't feel the same ,think we'll  be in for a hard season who ever we have in charge .

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, l444ry said:

He owes Vardy a drink. Without that players meeting, which appeared to bring a distinct improvement on the tippy tappy style that got rumbled, we might have been looking forward to the play offs. Shame we reverted back to it against Blackburn once we'd done the job but hey ho! 

So, when we win, it's because the players have taken control, but when we lose it because they're following Enzo's instructions?

Riiiiiiiiiight!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Who do you credit for the first 3/4 of the season when we won all the time?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, john ridley said:

Really not sure about enzo ,today we were back to normal and boring as ****.Also 11 losses  is poor to go up with .I should be really buzzing like 10 yrs ago but this time doesn't feel the same ,think we'll  be in for a hard season who ever we have in charge .

Difficult to argue against. The top 9 or so un this league are reasonable but there’s some real crap in it so to lose 11 is worrying. I’d be brutal in the cull and bring in some of the best from the championship and go back to the model of young hungry players and those with a point to prove. I’d look to move at least half of the team and squad out and have a tight 25 man squad 

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Who do you credit for the first 3/4 of the season when we won all the time?

Enzo of course. Easier when things are going well?

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Complement if anything 

I've got this picture as my screensaver!!!

If tte Mrs moans I'll say its cos of Enzo innit🙄🙄😁

Screenshot_20240430-205117_Facebook.jpg

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

So, when we win, it's because the players have taken control, but when we lose it because they're following Enzo's instructions?

Riiiiiiiiiight!

Not quite, but there was a distinct improvement following the "meeting".

2 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

It is slightly concerning that we’ve lost nearly 25% of our games. Mad we’ve still finished top having lost 11 games. 

Have you looked at previous championship seasons?

3 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

It is slightly concerning that we’ve lost nearly 25% of our games. Mad we’ve still finished top having lost 11 games. 

Most defeats since reading 2012/13 

I assume most points gained with that number of defeats 

It's a discussion for another day rather than a celebration day,.but I think it might be best for both parties if we part ways. 

He leaves on a.high and held in high esteem.. reputation intact. Kinda a folk hero in future years.

We need a totally different tactical approach for next season. Today our midfield fell into basic traps and was bullied. This is gonna be X10 next season. Opponents will be able to both  press high AND set traps in midfield to turn us over in the middle. 

• Like 2