Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season in the PL

Must

Barkley (free if Luton get relegated)

McAtee (permanent or loan with obligation depending on our finacial situation)

Fatawu 

A competent six to back up Winks (can Barkley cover that 6 role, which allows us to sign an extra 8?)

Two wingers than provide healthy competition and can start games 

Doyle (no more than 10-15 million)

If finances allow

Hamer (must have a relegation release clause at Sheff Utd)

Upgrade on Hamza, but we have more important positions to strengthen IMO

Mads/Jacob/Ward

Faes/Souttar/Nelson 

Vesterguard/Coady 

Doyle/Justin

Ricardo/Hamza

Winks/?????

Fatawu/???

Barkley/Ndidi

Dewsbury-Hall/McAtee

Mavididi/????

Daka/Cannon/Vardy/Iheanacho(?)

Edited by scinnell

13 hours ago, les-tah said:

Got his head down and proved himself massively, would actually be an excellent signing if luton get relegated based on our need for an attacking midfielder.

Ticks all the boxes. Tall, relatively strong and quick. Very good on the ball. He'd be an ideal 8 in Enzo's way of playing.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Ticks all the boxes. Tall, relatively strong and quick. Very good on the ball. He'd be an ideal 8 in Enzo's way of playing.

Funny that we'd have panicked if we had Barkley lined up in the summer, but we'd mostly be happy with him now.

As the more "physical' 8 ala Ndidi, I think it works, believe he's available in the summer for free? Probably dependent on Luton going down

5 minutes ago, Phenom said:

That backline would get eaten alive in the PL. we need 2 starting CBs. We need more steel in the midfield, and I don’t mean Hamza. Need someone to challenge Mavididi at LW and potentially a 9. I don’t think we can count on Vardy or Nacho, and Cannon is too inexperienced .

I completely agree, but I think it would be unrealistic to focus on too many signings in the summer.

Cannon is too inexperienced, yes, but we will never know if he can make that level without giving him the opportunity? I think people are in for a shock when Vardy finally retires, because we are certainly not going to spend big on a ready made Prem striker and have been very fortunate for almost a decade with Vards. Instead we need to work with the potential of Daka and Cannon and hopefully one comes good.

2 hours ago, Phenom said:

That backline would get eaten alive in the PL. we need 2 starting CBs. We need more steel in the midfield, and I don’t mean Hamza. Need someone to challenge Mavididi at LW and potentially a 9. I don’t think we can count on Vardy or Nacho, and Cannon is too inexperienced .

I think we can rely on Faes but would want a new CB and LB alongside him. 

I’d be happy with a centre midfield based on Winks, Sensi, KDH, Ndidi and one other.

Need to sign Fatawu and another winger to challenge him and Mavididi.

Think we’ll stick with Daka, Kel and Cannon (if Kel signs new deal) 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Hasn't he been playing deeper for Luton?

Luton don't play with 3 CM's so he's essentially in a double pivot but both of them cover a lot of ground. 

I think next season for us we're going to have to set up slightly differently or off the ball anyway, so someone who can play deeper or as an 8 is the perfect combo.

13 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He's at Luton for a reason, not got the mentality to play in ambitious side. The most important thing is he has to be the main man, as he was in the last few seasons at Everton and now at Luton. That brings out the best in him but we really don't need that type of player.

1 hour ago, FosseSpark said:

Fatawu

Sensi

Morgan Gibbs-White to play 2nd number 8 when forest get relegated

Henderson on 3yr contract

Smodiczs

Leif Davis

Harwood-Bellis if Saints fail to go up

Mads

Ricardo H-Bellis Faes Justin

Winks

Fatawu G-White KDH Mavididi

Daka

MGW is quality, think he will go to a more established side than us. He’ll be on a decent wedge at forest as well.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

He's at Luton for a reason, not got the mentality to play in ambitious side. The most important thing is he has to be the main man, as he was in the last few seasons at Everton and now at Luton. That brings out the best in him but we really don't need that type of player.

You could say the same about Harry Winks.

38 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

Yeah Ross Barkley isn't the man for Leicester. 

We are going to need 10+ new players this summer. Ndidi is likely going unless we've learnt absolutely nothing in regard to our wage structure, Barkley going to Luton shows he's not about the money but wants to play.

We are going to need to utilise the free transfer market massively.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, happy85 said:

Iniesta & Xavi didn't get many goals for Barca

Not the same kind of player though are they? Like comparing apples n pears together.

MGW is out of price range and don't think he's the right kind of player for Enzoball.

Don't rate him for the price Forest paid that's for sure.

39 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Wouldn’t mind someone like Marten De Roon from Atalanta if we want someone cheap / free as competition for Winks

His contract is up in the summer, can play centre back in an emergency as well

If enzo is staying then all our signings have to be able to play enzoball.  That’s a decent shout for de Roon.  And finances won’t allow us to spend big on fees.  As ric says, we need to play clever in the free transfer market. It’s a growing market - we aren’t the only club losing decent players for nowt.