Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Which album do you revisit the most often?

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

In my Weezer excitement I also missed the opportunity to say this is an absolutely phenomenal album full of massive classics (... and Authority Song.)

Yeah. Much like what Vince said, just reminds me of amazing times. Has no skips on their either for me. A praise chorus is probably my favourite song on there although Hear you me was played at my cousin's funeral 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah. Much like what Vince said, just reminds me of amazing times. Has no skips on their either for me. A praise chorus is probably my favourite song on there although Hear you me was played at my cousin's funeral 

I feel like a cock saying this now you've added that last note but yeah I've told my family I want Hear You Me played when my coffin rolls in to the incinerator because I know it'll emotionally cripple my friends and you want to leave a mark don't you. Ha. Thoroughly beautiful song.

In seriousness, I'm sorry for your loss man. 

Agree with you on the No Skips (except Authority Song...!) My friends group from childhood has pretty much three albums I think we can all agree on without arguing:

Bleed American, Sing The Sorrow (AFI) and Here To Infirmary (Alkaline Trio.)

Peak 00s.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

I feel like a cock saying this now you've added that last note but yeah I've told my family I want Hear You Me played when my coffin rolls in to the incinerator because I know it'll emotionally cripple my friends and you want to leave a mark don't you. Ha. Thoroughly beautiful song.

In seriousness, I'm sorry for your loss man. 

Agree with you on the No Skips (except Authority Song...!) My friends group from childhood has pretty much three albums I think we can all agree on without arguing:

Bleed American, Sing The Sorrow (AFI) and Here To Infirmary (Alkaline Trio.)

Peak 00s.

Well I can assure you it definitely works lol

Thanks mate

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah man. I was lucky enough to see them at Reading 02 and I'm pretty sure they opened with it. Absolute tune. 

It's a toss up between Undone and My Name is Jonas for my favourite on the blue album. 

wow, quality! that was after matt sharp's departure, right? I can never remember when he left the band. I saw them in hamburg in 2019 and it was top. played about 7-8 songs from blue including a barbershop version of buddy holly as well the best pinkerton bangers. Definitely the most charming gig I've been to.

sorry for spamming the thread, everyone, but instant respect for anyone who loves a bit of weezer ;) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

wow, quality! that was after matt sharp's departure, right? I can never remember when he left the band. I saw them in hamburg in 2019 and it was top. played about 7-8 songs from blue including a barbershop version of buddy holly as well the best pinkerton bangers. Definitely the most charming gig I've been to.

sorry for spamming the thread, everyone, but instant respect for anyone who loves a bit of weezer ;) 

Yeah he left in the late 90s. Think he was suing the band round about the time I saw them lol

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not - Wikipedia

or

Original Pirate Material - Wikipedia

Not very original, I know.

Seeing as this has also turned into a Weezer discussion, Only in Dreams is for me one of the best album closing tracks ever.

I've been listening to Original Pirate Material all week this week! 

Reminds me of one of my closest friends. We'll often just randomly blurt out random quotes from that album. ("He's TONGUING her!")

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I've been listening to Original Pirate Material all week this week! 

Reminds me of one of my closest friends. We'll often just randomly blurt out random quotes from that album. ("He's TONGUING her!")

Thinking about it, those two albums are also definitely my most quoted too. "I wholeheartedly agree with your viewpoint" is a particular one among my mates, although obviously not if they're addressing me.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Thinking about it, those two albums are also definitely my most quoted too. "I wholeheartedly agree with your viewpoint" is a particular one among my mates, although obviously not if they're addressing me.

Stop me if I'm wrong, stop me if I'm wrong! 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

image.png.aeb397f42e09e660843dc0e04ce8f30f.png

i think this is my favourite ever album. one of the first I turn to when it's summer and times are goooood

So who's old enough to have used Windows 95? The video for Buddy Holly came with it so show how computers could play video. Great video as well

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, The Syrup said:

So who's old enough to have used Windows 95?

Win95? I come from a time when personal computers and comfy GUIs didn’t exist. Our computer at school booted up by inputing binary codes via switch arrays.

At_the_Drive-In_-_Relationship_of_Comman

Just gone to put this on and realised its an absolute prime candidate for this thread. 

Was talking to @Markyesterday about post rock and my gateways into the genre and I definitely think that ATDI & Mars Volta had a big impact.

On that note, these two definitely as well:

F%E2%99%AF%20A%E2%99%AF%20%E2%88%9E_Gods

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

At_the_Drive-In_-_Relationship_of_Comman

Just gone to put this on and realised its an absolute prime candidate for this thread. 

Was talking to @Markyesterday about post rock and my gateways into the genre and I definitely think that ATDI & Mars Volta had a big impact.

Saw the Mars Volta at Rock City on the 'De-Loused in the Comatorium' tour on November 22nd 2003. The reason I know the precise date is that I had been drinking since early morning and all day watching England triumph over Australia in the Rugby World Cup final. I promised the other half I'd be back that evening to go to Nottingham and I fulfilled my pledge. I was completely steaming in the mosh pit though. 

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

(Edit: I mean,)

:thumbup:

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

you just wanted to shoe horn that in didn't you 

I mean, I am impartial, but I do admit to rooting for them that day. 

I was hammered by the time I got to Nottingham. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SpacedX said:

:thumbup:

I mean, I am impartial, but I do admit to rooting for them that day. 

I was hammered by the time I got to Nottingham. 

Yeah I saw them a few months before I think at Reading 03. They absolutely blew up the tented second stage.