Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

I'm A Celebrity... 2023

18 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I like Tony Bellew too but I think the hunger and stress will get to him and he'll come across as a bit of a bellend. 

There's a quip in that sentence, somewhere.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I aint watched in years. I still feel show is rigged to make sure certain celebs get more air time and get further. Wont be surprised if its agreed in their contract before they go in... especially the ones who are wannabes looking to start or boost their career. Public vote i dont think kicks in until later on. 

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I aint watched in years. I still feel show is rigged to make sure certain celebs get more air time and get further. Wont be surprised if its agreed in their contract before they go in... especially the ones who are wannabes looking to start or boost their career. Public vote i dont think kicks in until later on. 

Farage has barely had any air time so far, mainly because he’s actually a boring bloke personality wise, if it were rigged we’d be seeing more of him. 

14 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Farage has barely had any air time so far, mainly because he’s actually a boring bloke personality wise, if it were rigged we’d be seeing more of him. 

Farage don't need much air time as everyone knows who he is... people like the fake youtube star celebrity knows this show is her big chance to boost her career... so far though I don't think she's winning any fans.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Stinkenzo said:

Grace has to be one of the worst contestants ever lol

Back in the day, poor contestants had some other erm... "attractiveness". That kept them in the jungle. We remember the jungle shower with Myleene:

image.png.49c35c470419f399ab58bf4240549e94.png

And Kate Garraway: 

image.thumb.png.f3d91fa07faaf1a50ae5dcfde4493473.png

Both rubbish but both had a certain... je ne sais quoi, shall we say.

21 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Back in the day, poor contestants had some other erm... "attractiveness". That kept them in the jungle. We remember the jungle shower with Myleene:

image.png.49c35c470419f399ab58bf4240549e94.png

And Kate Garraway: 

image.thumb.png.f3d91fa07faaf1a50ae5dcfde4493473.png

Both rubbish but both had a certain... je ne sais quoi, shall we say.

How have you bracketed Kate garraway with Myleen class, it’s like comparing the driving experience of an M3 and a Vauxhall Corsa

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

How have you bracketed Kate garraway with Myleen class, it’s like comparing the driving experience of an M3 and a Vauxhall Corsa

I wasn't comparing them any way. Just saying they have both been on I'm a Celeb, both were poor. Both stayed until the votes and then stayed because of their visual appeal, as misogynistic as that may sound.

I was just saying, being crap but, having whatever it is that the TV production company wants to secure viewing figures, works in their favour.

Grace Dent wasn't unpleasant and she went of her own free will, but I suspect she wouldn't have gone very far in the public vote. The photogenic contestants that were rubbish in previous series had some kind of influence on viewing figures.

At the end of the day, it's 3 weeks of puerile, irrelevant but quite entertaining, nonsense TV. 

Better by far than the reality bull that is Love Island and others of that ilk.

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

I wasn't comparing them any way. Just saying they have both been on I'm a Celeb, both were poor. Both stayed until the votes and then stayed because of their visual appeal, as misogynistic as that may sound.

I was just saying, being crap but, having whatever it is that the TV production company wants to secure viewing figures, works in their favour.

Grace Dent wasn't unpleasant and she went of her own free will, but I suspect she wouldn't have gone very far in the public vote. The photogenic contestants that were rubbish in previous series had some kind of influence on viewing figures.

At the end of the day, it's 3 weeks of puerile, irrelevant but quite entertaining, nonsense TV. 

Better by far than the reality bull that is Love Island and others of that ilk.

I know I was just pulling your plonker….if Kate Garraway does it for you fair enough, I mean she did get an MBE for looking after her husband 

10 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

I can imagine every year in January the producers write a list of 50 celebs they want. High profiled ones they want and work there way down the list see who says yes or no... once 50 is up you then get the wannabe celebs (nobody's who do anything to get publicity)

Kind of agree, but I wouldn't exactly call Dettori or Bellew as "nobodies".

These two started at the bottom of their profession and down to hard work and determination, reached the highest level in their respective fields.

I remember a few years ago, when I was crewed up to cover horse racing at Leicester racecourse, a jockey came off and we had to convey him to the doctor's post. He was furious with himself as a fall meant no pay because of a non finish. He added that he got £150 a ride as long as he finished higher than 4th and that most jockeys ride in several races on the card just to make a basic income.

Some are paid a retainer by their stable but they have to be of a decent level and have a CV of wins/placed to get that. A lot are freelance and are booked on a race event at the discretion of the owner/stable. These novices have no security of income but, like the jockey I talked to, they do it in hope and for the excitement and passion.