Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Stoke Away

44 minutes ago, The boy Linacre said:

Driving to this one, any free street parking nearby even a mile+ or so, been on the bus previously and never paid attention

Been told to head for Grove road for street parking. 

• Like 1

Not sure if this has been asked before, I haven't read every message,sorry,  but looking at tickets it seems to be alternating between sold out and coming soon on a daily basis.  Does this mean it's likely an increased allocation will be given? 

21 minutes ago, rugbyblue said:

Not sure if this has been asked before, I haven't read every message,sorry,  but looking at tickets it seems to be alternating between sold out and coming soon on a daily basis.  Does this mean it's likely an increased allocation will be given? 

There were 12 or so tickets available yesterday. It could be that more have become available, but as it ‘sold out’ before it reached your sales bracket it will say ‘coming soon’, I think it sold out at 501+

edit to add: there are 4 seats available online now

Edited by AllGoneTitsSchlupp

20 minutes ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

There were 12 or so tickets available yesterday. It could be that more have become available, but as it ‘sold out’ before it reached your sales bracket it will say ‘coming soon’, I think it sold out at 501+

edit to add: there are 4 seats available online now

Thank you.  Saying sold out again now.  I'm only a member so guessing that's why.  Only managed to get two away this season 😞

5 hours ago, rugbyblue said:

Thank you.  Saying sold out again now.  I'm only a member so guessing that's why.  Only managed to get two away this season 😞

I’m guessing Sunderland will go to members on March 5th, it is midweek however.. 

• Thanks 1

On 23/01/2024 at 20:20, The boy Linacre said:

Driving to this one, any free street parking nearby even a mile+ or so, been on the bus previously and never paid attention

Loads of parking around if you dont mind a bit of a walk, industrial estate near the michelin, housing estate round there, also blurton further down stanley matthews way. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

With the rail strike I’m very surprised that Ausden Clark haven’t bothered with a second coach

edit: hold on, is the strike not on anymore? Or am I getting mixed up.

Strike still on, as far as I can tell.   I had an Email yesterday confirming train to Stoke had been cancelled.  

(well, it didn't actually say "cancelled" ... it said you can catch the next train instead, or if that's not ok, ask for a refund.   The next train was on the Sunday!)

10 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Strike still on, as far as I can tell.   I had an Email yesterday confirming train to Stoke had been cancelled.  

(well, it didn't actually say "cancelled" ... it said you can catch the next train instead, or if that's not ok, ask for a refund.   The next train was on the Sunday!)

Yeah I’ve just noticed trains are available but it’s Leicester to Brum, then Brum to Stoke. Driving it is!

3 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

Yeah I’ve just noticed trains are available but it’s Leicester to Brum, then Brum to Stoke. Driving it is!

Yeah nightmare.

I did put in for the Ausden Clark waiting list but I'd have thought we would have heard something by now if they were going to put on an extra coach.

Like you, il just drive. Isn't exactly the worst journey from Leicester & it offers some freedom.

I'm sure last time I went stoke away there was a pub within walking distance. Like a counting house style vibes. Anyone know it it's still there?

Edited by adejo92

11 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

With the rail strike I’m very surprised that Ausden Clark haven’t bothered with a second coach

edit: hold on, is the strike not on anymore? Or am I getting mixed up.

I’m doing cross country to Birmingham and then Birmingham to Stoke. Plenty of trains as they are not striking only overtime ban. Avanti, EMR  and LNWR have no service tho

On 25/01/2024 at 14:06, Foxin_Mad said:

Loads of parking around if you dont mind a bit of a walk, industrial estate near the michelin, housing estate round there, also blurton further down stanley matthews way. 

Anywhere where there's a good chance of finding your car on return? Don't mind paying to park.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, C.J said:

Anywhere where there's a good chance of finding your car on return? Don't mind paying to park.

I always find that for a fiver, or so, it's always more piece of mind knowing its at a staffed facility.