Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

The "Oh **** it's Christmas next week" thread

Just now, Jattdogg said:

My wife and I have been saying this for the last week. Just said it 2 hours ago.

It's the first year our kids know santa is fake but i don't even think that's it. The weather is weird over here. Usually cold but on xmas day its going to be 9 celsius.  That's just feckin odd for this time of year. No bloody snow in the forecast either until at least january some time.

I think we've only had about 3 frosts over here so far this winter.

Don't get me wrong, that's great, especially when my job is driving, so I don't have to defrost the windows!

Just not feeling it.

Even the kids aren't fussed. They're just buzzing I came home with 'pigs in blankets Bisto gravy'

To be fair, they're old enough to ask "What do you want? Don't take the piss" lol

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Anyway @Jattdogg, what's your Xmas feast this year?

It's always better than a roast dinner...

Sadly not.

Cooking a bone-in ham in a honey and/or pineapple glaze, seasoned roast  chicken thighs, roast potatoes,  corn, garlic  pan fried green beans, sweet potato,  peasant carrots, gravy, stuffing, homemade strawberry cheesecake,  home made pound cake, other treats. 

No curry feast this xmas.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jattdogg said:

Sadly not.

Cooking a bone-in ham in a honey and/or pineapple glaze, seasoned roast  chicken thighs, roast potatoes,  corn, garlic  pan fried green beans, sweet potato,  peasant carrots, gravy, stuffing, homemade strawberry cheesecake,  home made pound cake, other treats. 

No curry feast this xmas.

OK. 

Two things.

Is peasant carrots a personal jibe at me? lol

And why no curry?!

Don't get me wrong, sounds bloody delicious. But I was going to offer to swap this year.

I needed that curry recipe and I'd just say "yeah, about 4 hours in the oven. Make sure you put loads of butter in though, otherwise it'll be like sandpaper" 

Just now, tom27111 said:

OK. 

Two things.

Is peasant carrots a personal jibe at melol

And why no curry?!

Don't get me wrong, sounds bloody delicious. But I was going to offer to swap this year.

I needed that curry recipe and I'd just say "yeah, about 4 hours in the oven. Make sure you put loads of butter in though, otherwise it'll be like sandpaper" 

No.......whatever gave you that idea....lol :)

I mean we eat indian food often enough as it's what we were brought up on. I plan on feasting like a fat coont for new years and will go all out that day. Tandoori chicken, lamb kebabs, rice, samosa chaat, some vege sabji, roti or naan, trinidadian curry chicken, palorie. Fk sakes its 1015pm here and im getting hungry.  Why are you still up? 

1 minute ago, Jattdogg said:

No.......whatever gave you that idea....lol :)

I mean we eat indian food often enough as it's what we were brought up on. I plan on feasting like a fat coont for new years and will go all out that day. Tandoori chicken, lamb kebabs, rice, samosa chaat, some vege sabji, roti or naan, trinidadian curry chicken, palorie. Fk sakes its 1015pm here and im getting hungry.  Why are you still up? 

I'm still up because it's the first day off of my Xmas holiday. 

Don't go back to work until January 2nd.

And I'm still trying to get some damn good Indian recipes off you lol

I might be a middle aged white guy, but I'm from Leicester. I need more curries to add to my current repertoire! 

I mean, I've got 2 banging ones that I make, but these people I live with in Northampton are getting a bit bored of them :D

10 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I'm still up because it's the first day off of my Xmas holiday. 

Don't go back to work until January 2nd.

And I'm still trying to get some damn good Indian recipes off you lol

I might be a middle aged white guy, but I'm from Leicester. I need more curries to add to my current repertoire! 

I mean, I've got 2 banging ones that I make, but these people I live with in Northampton are getting a bit bored of them :D

Lol best option is to youtube it. Everyones indian food taste bud is different but some good videos out there that will help. 

I don't really have recipes as such more so averages per weight so i know portion sizes etc. I am just that good at cookin. My wife says my "hand" with making curries is better than hers haha. Sounds like some BS doesnt it?

Seeing as you like cabbage so much, check out this trini guys cookin channel. He actually lives in my old Canadian hometown and has some decent recipes to try. Trini curry is very similar but also very different at times to what i grew up on.

My grannie used to make the beat cabbage sabji but insaw this guy made one. Check out some of his recipes. I have never tried any a smy wife cooks trini food but thr concepts are there.

• Thanks 1

Just now, tom27111 said:

@Jattdogg, you're one of the best on here :wub:

I'm definitely trying to make some of that!

If you need a bland recipe that'll make you feel really disappointed, most of Canada will be like that. 

Or just hit me up lol

Merry Christmas, mate :thumbup:

Lol

You can check out this guys punjabi recipes too. Again, you can look at others and compare with what you prefer 

I am biased in thinking indian food ia best but i love my fish and chips, pies, never had your braised cabbage though (or whatever you call it lol).

Merry christmas mate! One more day of the big 43 for me. Yikes!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Lol

You can check out this guys punjabi recipes too. Again, you can look at others and compare with what you prefer 

I am biased in thinking indian food ia best but i love my fish and chips, pies, never had your braised cabbage though (or whatever you call it lol).

All over that! Thanks mate.

Just let me know the next time you visit over here, I can get you a ticket to watch us.

You'd have to sit next to me, but still...:ph34r:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

What's everyone's Xmas day breakfast?

This year, we're going smoked salmon with scrambled eggs.

Obviously served with Bucks Fizz. 

This will be ours, too. Wife is on Day 3 of COVID, so no family. Instead, will be a bonfire, NFL and snacks for two…preceded by smoked salmon and eggs with a glass of maple cream liqueur for breakfast. 

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

Wow you’re up late. I’m going to do sausage muffins nothing exciting but tasty. Was trying to find square sausage but couldn’t.

4 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Coffee. 

Champagne for brunch whilst we do the presents. 

I'm hoping to start feeling festive sometime soon...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Looks like 17 coming round this year, including 2 people I've never met, friends of my sisters boyfriend.

Apparently they are shy and quiet...well good luck being shy and quiet with my family.:D

They are in for a shock when they show up and realize your a nudist family.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

Looks like 17 coming round this year, including 2 people I've never met, friends of my sisters boyfriend.

Apparently they are shy and quiet...well good luck being shy and quiet with my family.:D

Thanks for invite, you being nudist we should fit in well

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Lol best option is to youtube it. Everyones indian food taste bud is different but some good videos out there that will help. 

I don't really have recipes as such more so averages per weight so i know portion sizes etc. I am just that good at cookin. My wife says my "hand" with making curries is better than hers haha. Sounds like some BS doesnt it?

Seeing as you like cabbage so much, check out this trini guys cookin channel. He actually lives in my old Canadian hometown and has some decent recipes to try. Trini curry is very similar but also very different at times to what i grew up on.

My grannie used to make the beat cabbage sabji but insaw this guy made one. Check out some of his recipes. I have never tried any a smy wife cooks trini food but thr concepts are there.

Remember my Nan knocking up curried sprouts and cabbage with leftover xmas dinner.  Oh the humanity...

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Lol

Dude, were having lome a million crowns of lamb, because my wife is stupid and like all punjabis orders for an acopolypse.  So left overs will be the best curry, which is lamb chop curry, very few restaurants do it, because of the expense but technique and its the only curry you have to eat with your hands.

• Haha 1