Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

The "Oh **** it's Christmas next week" thread

14 hours ago, NJFox said:

This will be ours, too. Wife is on Day 3 of COVID, so no family. Instead, will be a bonfire, NFL and snacks for two…preceded by smoked salmon and eggs with a glass of maple cream liqueur for breakfast. 

I need to find maple cream liqueur. 

Edited by Parafox

On 23/12/2023 at 03:42, Jattdogg said:

Lol best option is to youtube it. Everyones indian food taste bud is different but some good videos out there that will help. 

I don't really have recipes as such more so averages per weight so i know portion sizes etc. I am just that good at cookin. My wife says my "hand" with making curries is better than hers haha. Sounds like some BS doesnt it?

Seeing as you like cabbage so much, check out this trini guys cookin channel. He actually lives in my old Canadian hometown and has some decent recipes to try. Trini curry is very similar but also very different at times to what i grew up on.

My grannie used to make the beat cabbage sabji but insaw this guy made one. Check out some of his recipes. I have never tried any a smy wife cooks trini food but thr concepts are there.

My wife says much the same.  Things taste better when I cook them, so I do almost all of the cooking.

Always sound like BS, a good reason for her not too cook: then she cooks something and I realise she's right, she's sh1t 😂.  So glad she's not on FT.  

Also the amount of banging and cursing that comes out of the kitchen for the most basic dish when she's cooking is more stressful than just doing it myself.  Can't be doing with that sh1t over Christmas.  

Thanks for the link I'm going to check out some of his food.  I much prefer YouTube recipes because they're so much easier to follow correctly.  

• Haha 1

Well I didn't plan to be wrapping stuff up on Christmas Eve as per bloody usual but if I manage to do that this morning rather than just before bed, half pissed then I will consider that progress.

Did the Christmas thing at Chatsworth House yesterday, which was very nice apart from paying 36 quid for four hot chocolates and sausage rolls, Seasons Greetings one and all

When you realise you might be overinvested in a FT thread....

Sorting out the food for tomorrow, including the veg.

Other half asks why I'm seemingly deep in thought - me "just wondering if @tom27111 got his carrots" :D

I didn't bother trying to explain, it would probably have made it sound even more weird!

• Haha 3

Just now, FoyleFox said:

Other half asks why I'm seemingly deep in thought - me "just wondering if @tom27111 got his carrots" :D

I didn't bother trying to explain, it would probably have made it sound even more weird!

Yes I did!

We tried Sainsbury's again yesterday and there were plenty in there.

Christmas dinner rescued! 

On a different note, I'm already sick of the kids opening the fridge and saying "Stinks in here".

That means my cheeses are maturing perfectly lol

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Yes I did!

We tried Sainsbury's again yesterday and there were plenty in there.

Christmas dinner rescued! 

On a different note, I'm already sick of the kids opening the fridge and saying "Stinks in here".

That means my cheeses are maturing perfectly lol

:scarf:

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

And I've just read this out to my Mrs, she rolled her eyes and said "You lot are weird"

Then I said "I hope @FoxesDeb managed to find a red cabbage"

lol

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

And I've just read this out to my Mrs, she rolled her eyes and said "You lot are weird"

Then I said "I hope @FoxesDeb managed to find a red cabbage"

lol

Haha you can tell Laura she can sleep easy tonight, the red cabbage has been sourced, and is braising as we speak lol20231224_194111.thumb.jpg.1f926d144b07fa748edc4e32f3fd3d15.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Haha you can tell Laura she can sleep easy tonight, the red cabbage has been sourced, and is braising as we speak lol20231224_194111.thumb.jpg.1f926d144b07fa748edc4e32f3fd3d15.jpg

We had a blocked toilet a few years ago and that looks very similar to the sight that greeted us upon opening the lid.

I'm sure it's delicious.

Happy Christmas. :thumbup:

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1