Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Enzo Maresca frustration boils over as he says 'moment there's doubt about the idea, I will leave'

13 minutes ago, BertFill said:

Being away from the combination of endless tedious hype and VAR is lovely.

I wish we could win the Championship but just decline the offer of promotion.

Sheffield United have finished in the top 3 and declined staying in the EPL for more than 12 months?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

The contrast from then to now!

Majority can’t be arsed to raise from their seat when we score.

Great days.  Granted we werent great then and we have had far greater success in recent years but for two hours in those days Leicester city were the be all and end all of everything to everyone there.  The excitement levels were something else.  Good days.  

49 minutes ago, bmt said:

Entertaining is such a subjective concept though. I think we are entertaining. By objective metrics we score a lot of goals. Imo some of the goals we have scored this season are up there with my best ever Leicester goals.

Agree on the point about players. Guardiola is imo the best manager ever but his style (and the various ways he has coached teams to play over the years) largely rely on excellent footballers to get the results he does. Not to say the principles don't work further down but to go from being a competitive team to the best in the world needs every job to be done excellently.

Indeed it is, which is why I think it's a pointless argument. Like arguing about someone liking a song and someone else not. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rugbyblue said:

Days like these you mean?  I remember.  Incredible.  Anyone got a flux capacitor and a delorean?

It might seem strange considering all the success we've had recently, but that time during the early 90s, when we were perennial play off finalist, is still my favourite as a fan.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sm1 said:

It might seem strange considering all the success we've had recently, but that time during the early 90s, when we were perennial play off finalist, is still my favourite as a fan.

Absolutely mine too.  It helped I was a teenager though and Leicester city were everything to me before kids and houses and life took priority.  That may be the difference....lots of young lads being able to get a ticket with their mates and just rock up and make some noise 

• Like 2

Look, I don't get to games these days, I have to manage with YouTube highlights.

And...... Sorry if this has been said before but there is a world of difference between

1) the Rodgers style of tippy tappy pi**ing about going nowhere, then losing it and conceding

2) the Enzo style of actively looking to create openings - even if if it does take the 54 passes before scoring against Rotherham.

Long may he reign.

The world's moved on from long ball guys, and it will move on again but I hope Enzo is here to move with it.

Edited by Frank Large's Black Book
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, BertFill said:

Well I was probably at most of those, and nowadays it takes me a while to persuade my aging limbs out of my seat!

Seats themselves are probably the biggest difference. Being in a bunch of excited people on a terrace is a very different experience to an all-seater ground. It's sad that younger people will never know that experience of being able to rock up, pay on the gate and find the spot on the terrace where you want to be and with the people you want to be with.

Also it probably costs about ten times as much to go to a match now, so it's hardly conducive to younger people with less money.

Basically modern life is rubbish.

Everyone says this until they get toothache. :ph34r:

But in all seriousness, I can understand why the experience was higher-octane way back when (and it certainly was cheaper), but at least these days there's much less possibility of ending up in the hospital (through various different possibilities that were prevalent in the 70's, 80's and early 90's) after simply going to watch a football match.

40 minutes ago, sm1 said:

The MON era will always have a special place in my heart seeing as it was at that formative stage of me as a LCFC fan, but I recognise that is the rose-tinted spectacles talking and the actual standard of play as well as the level of success we've enjoyed have both moved on massively.

41 minutes ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

he world's moved on from long ball guys, and it will move on again but I hope Enzo is here to move with it.

Has a single person asked for long ball football? Or is this just another attempt to invalidate how people feel. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

Ok, delete long ball and insert more direct.

And yes it has been asked for.

So they would just like the ball passed forward a bit quicker, which doesn't have to be a long ball, nor "direct", which just infers exactly the same thing. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Everyone says this until they get toothache. :ph34r:

If you're lucky enough to have a dentist...!

5 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

The MON era will always have a special place in my heart seeing as it was at that formative stage of me as a LCFC fan, but I recognise that is the rose-tinted spectacles talking and the actual standard of play as well as the level of success we've enjoyed have both moved on massively.

There's more to life as a football fan than the standard of play and the level of success!

It's just different now, is all. These days you pay a fortune to sit in your own sheltered seat, watching phenomenal athletes who are all ridiculously skilful; back in the day you paid pennies to stand in the rain behind a giant, trying to watch two bunches of cloggers kick lumps out of each other.

Who's to say if one is better than the other? But they're certainly very different experiences.

1 minute ago, BertFill said:

If you're lucky enough to have a dentist...!

There's more to life as a football fan than the standard of play and the level of success!

It's just different now, is all. These days you pay a fortune to sit in your own sheltered seat, watching phenomenal athletes who are all ridiculously skilful; back in the day you paid pennies to stand in the rain behind a giant, trying to watch two bunches of cloggers kick lumps out of each other.

Who's to say if one is better than the other? But they're certainly very different experiences.

That's very true, as said above by another it is entirely subjective.

NB. There is a real issue finding good quality and value dentists, isn't there?

6 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

There is a real issue finding good quality and value dentists, isn't there?

It's horrendous. Getting an NHS dentist at all is almost impossible in most places. No idea about private ones (we're really lucky, our NHS dentist is still going), but it's a shambles and a national disgrace.

9 minutes ago, BertFill said:

It's horrendous. Getting an NHS dentist at all is almost impossible in most places. No idea about private ones (we're really lucky, our NHS dentist is still going), but it's a shambles and a national disgrace.

I've been lucky in that regard too.

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

How did we get on to the subject of NHS dentistry?

Mea culpa, point about modern life.

On topic, football, like many other things, has evolved a lot in the past couple of decades and Enzo represents a lot of that IMO.

Well done negative bastards. The Athletic now amplifying your stupid frustration with our manager to an international readership. We rightly deserve to be mocked by fans of other clubs as deluded like the worst kind of Spurs fans. 

Edited by An Away Move
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BertFill said:

Being away from the combination of endless tedious hype and VAR is lovely.

I wish we could win the Championship but just decline the offer of promotion.

I agree, i have massively enjoyed this season in the Championship. Not just because we are winning (always helps) but there's so many reasons why its a much purer experience than in the Premier League. On the same token, no one can deny that the Premier League is the pinnacle of World Football.

Edited by LCFC-92

4 hours ago, rugbyblue said:

Days like these you mean?  I remember.  Incredible.  Anyone got a flux capacitor and a delorean?

Demonstrating why some of the younger lads sound like idiots when slagging off and insulting the older fellow supporters. many of which were in the middle of that lot.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Demonstrating why some of the younger lads sound like idiots when slagging off and insulting the older fellow supporters. many of which were in the middle of that lot.

On the flip side, if the Club got rid of their ridiculous points system, and allowed new blood to attend away games, then the atmosphere would probably reach a similar level. For both our penalties at Stoke, all i could see was a sea of mobile phones recording it....Like what do you do with that when you can watch it from a better angle, with better quality on the highlights...

Fair play to those that have traveled for years but a lot of them (not all) are the most toxic and boring fans in the stand.

Edited by LCFC-92
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, LCFC-92 said:

On the flip side, if the Club got rid of their ridiculous points system, and allowed new blood to attend away games, then the atmosphere would probably reach a similar level. For both our penalties at Stoke, all i could see was a sea of mobile phones recording it....Like what do you do with that when you can watch it from a better angle, with better quality on the highlights...

Can't argue with some of that.

Edited by l444ry

7 minutes ago, l444ry said:

I doubt the people in the middle of that lot at that time would have taken too fondly to a kop filled with older folks and people moaning all game long even when things are going well. 

Before we take shots at the younger folks, let’s just remember that they’re only looking for the same opportunities afforded to those in that video to let loose and add something to the matchday experience but have faced nothing but numerous roadblocks. 

• Like 2

Just now, The_77 said:

I doubt the people in the middle of that lot at that time would have taken too fondly to a kop filled with older folks and people moaning all game long even when things are going well. 

Before we take shots at the younger folks, let’s just remember that they’re only looking for the same opportunities afforded to those in that video to let loose and add something to the matchday experience but have faced nothing but numerous roadblocks. 

Wooooooosh....

7 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Fair comment 

• Thanks 1