Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Enzo Maresca frustration boils over as he says 'moment there's doubt about the idea, I will leave'

14 minutes ago, LCFC-92 said:

On the flip side, if the Club got rid of their ridiculous points system, and allowed new blood to attend away games, then the atmosphere would probably reach a similar level. For both our penalties at Stoke, all i could see was a sea of mobile phones recording it....Like what do you do with that when you can watch it from a better angle, with better quality on the highlights...

Fair play to those that have traveled for years but a lot of them (not all) are the most toxic and boring fans in the stand.

Do you mean the 'ridiculous points system' that gives priority to regular away followers?

As for the 'sea of mobile phones' I agree they can be annoying but (stereotypical mode) isn't that mainly the younger element of our support?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, The_77 said:

I doubt the people in the middle of that lot at that time would have taken too fondly to a kop filled with older folks and people moaning all game long even when things are going well. 

Before we take shots at the younger folks, let’s just remember that they’re only looking for the same opportunities afforded to those in that video to let loose and add something to the matchday experience but have faced nothing but numerous roadblocks. 

Supply & Demand. Google it.

3 minutes ago, boots60 said:

Do you mean the 'ridiculous points system' that gives priority to regular away followers?

As for the 'sea of mobile phones' I agree they can be annoying but (stereotypical mode) isn't that mainly the younger element of our support?

No mate, people who attend away games should be rightly rewarded, I was referring more to the same system that gives people 50 points just for renewing their season ticket - Might not go to an away game all season until the likes of Coventry come around.

But it's been discussed numerous times, i don't want to start it again - I was simply commenting on the video posted.

Edited by LCFC-92
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, boots60 said:

Supply & Demand. Google it.

You're right, there's definitely demand for a larger area for younger fans to gather and stand/sing etc. Just like in the stand in your profile picture, where you presumably stood with your mates when you were young :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

You're right, there's definitely demand for a larger area for younger fans to gather and stand/sing etc. Just like in the stand in your profile picture, where you presumably stood with your mates when you were young :)

100%. And I just know he felt great about that post too like he really said something. lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

How did we get on to the subject of NHS dentistry?

Don’t fret this thread will meander on to the topic of hemorrhoids shortly.

4 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yes, like many, was a regular in the kop for many years where the atmosphere was considerably better than it has been for many years in the current stadium.

More fans, both young & old contributed to the 'match day experience' than now.

I appreciate UFS making a bit of a vocal contribution but it really is nothing like the cacophony of noise the spion kop used to make.

Agree with you post 100% but what has any of this got to do with the point I made regarding the away points system & the (mainly) younger fans with phone addiction?

7 hours ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

Ok, delete long ball and insert more direct.

And yes it has been asked for.

Direct does not mean not good football though. As has been pointed out numerous times, it depends what set up you are facing. A side with 11 behind the ball have to be worked around patiently and picked apart which is quite slow going but understandable.

But when teams come forward like Stoke did, we were able to play great football and direct. Look at Vardy’s first, ball won back in our area, beat the press within a single pass and a further pass later, Justin is crossing for Vardy to tap in. That goal was a direct as you will see but was a result of the way Enzo has built us to be comfortable at the back and beat the press.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

seem to remrmber this lad did nothing but moan under Rodgers too, and now he's coming out with nonsense like this. Think it's time for some people to try a different sport.

Its all fine when you are winning. 

Wouldn't mind taking on the "get it forward" crew at Golf. Not only are many stuck in the past thinking what worked 30 years ago in football or on the Village Green will religiously work today at the highest level., the silly buggers would no doubt try and play shots like Rory McIlroy. Totally different games now for professionals and amateurs. 

• Haha 1

On 06/02/2024 at 11:39, sm1 said:

It might seem strange considering all the success we've had recently, but that time during the early 90s, when we were perennial play off finalist, is still my favourite as a fan.

Would love everyone  to have one of those shitty clappers,  rip em into tiny bits and throw them in the air for the rest of the season as the boys come out. Atmosphere  nostalgia. 

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

He doesn't need to walk, I'll give him a lift.

Actually come to think of it I won't as I don't drive.

I'll pay his bus fare for him though.

I drive, so if you pay the fuel, I can give him a lift.