Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Enzo Maresca frustration boils over as he says 'moment there's doubt about the idea, I will leave'

31 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I saw it as backing Enzo but I don't think Rudkin comes into it. For all we know, Enzo is possibly fully aware of why nobody was signed and, although perhaps disappointed, accepts the reasons why. Nobody knows any different. 

i think the "rudkin out" part lof the banner might be relevant :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jack1993 said:

I think everyone is analysing our home support a little too deeply and I think the exact same would happen to any fan base in our exact position. 

To me, pretty much the only factor playing any part in the silence / occasional groaning / more people leaving early is just a complete lack of jeopardy. I can't remember any point in the season so far where it's felt like we absolutely need  3 points, even when we lose or draw it's hard to feel any real anger or disappointment because we all feel like we'll probably win the next one. 

There's no one single game that we absolutely need to win until either A) The chasing teams get closer or B) We need a win to get over the automatic promotion / League winning line. 

Unfortunately without the jeopardy, anger and disappointment of losing there is no real euphoria of winning, it still feels good but just not as good as it would if Southampton were 2 points behind us. I'd go as far as saying that if we were playing in this exact way but we were 3rd in the league hunting down the top 2 the King Power would be as loud as it ever has been. 

More or less every game we're expected to win and then we win. Even now I'm fully expecting that we'll lose to Leeds away this month but it barely bothers me because it feels like we'll easily get enough points from the teams 8th and below. I fully believe that if we did drop a load of points this month and end up in a 3 way battle for 2 automatic promotion spots the stadium will get a lot louder and more encouraging as a result. 

Basically we're currently the equivalent of Evel Knievel jumping over a squirrel on a BMX

Well said spot on

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

It’s excruciating reading posts on this thread since Saturday as the critics do somersaults in their efforts to justify their comments earlier in the thread.

Just admit it. You got it wrong and you’re feeling a bit embarrassed.

If people would rather the style was a bit more entertaining, one game isn't going to change their minds. 

Can anyone in the 'boring' camp tell me what it is they expect, in detail? What is it about the current game that is so boring? and how, when the team is miles better than most opponents, are you to play exciting football when team set up to stick 11 men behind the ball and hope for a draw??

• Like 1

I'm not sure what people are unhappy with, Is it that we're so much better than every other team or is it the lack of contact and agression.

If some Fans think we'd be anywhere near the top of the league playing huff ball and be happy in the process they are deluded.

Enzo is by far the greatest Football coaching Manager we've ever had, Certainly in my 60 + years following Leicester.

Pearson was the greatest Club Manager we've had in my time, He set us up for success and started us on the road to better times.

I sometimes even suspect now that Enzo was the brains behind Peps success at Man City. Not taking anything away from Pep.

I also know with support from the Club he could deliver another Prem title, I have no doubts about that. He's that good.

I'm just worried Liverpool might come in for him to replace Kloop.

Anyone not happy with the way we play are deluded. But then there's always Cov or Derby, Brum etc who'll give them the up and under football their seeking.

Try viewing our position from theirs and you'll quickly see  how unhappy their Fans are.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

I saw it as backing Enzo but I don't think Rudkin comes into it. For all we know, Enzo is possibly fully aware of why nobody was signed and, although perhaps disappointed, accepts the reasons why. Nobody knows any different. 

Tell that to the guy with the "in Enzo we trust, Rudkin out" banner :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I'm not sure what people are unhappy with, Is it that we're so much better than every other team or is it the lack of contact and agression.

If some Fans think we'd be anywhere near the top of the league playing huff ball and be happy in the process they are deluded.

Enzo is by far the greatest Football coaching Manager we've ever had, Certainly in my 60 + years following Leicester.

Pearson was the greatest Club Manager we've had in my time, He set us up for success and started us on the road to better times.

I sometimes even suspect now that Enzo was the brains behind Peps success at Man City. Not taking anything away from Pep.

I also know with support from the Club he could deliver another Prem title, I have no doubts about that. He's that good.

Anyone not happy with the way we play are deluded. But then there's always Cov or Derby, Brum etc who'll give them the up and under football their seeking.

Try viewing our position from theirs and you'll quickly see  how unhappy their Fans are.

He doesn't have anywhere near enough experience yet for them to take that risk. 

This has always been a cultural debate. I've seen people call Pep football boring. There's a certain generation of British people who have low tolerance for this type of football. They want 100mph football with tackles flying in passion being shown. We can win 2-0 by controlling 78% possession but only having 8 shots on goal, 3 on target but it'll be seen by many as boring. Others will see it as a controlled dominant display. 

19 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I do think Enzo could be the first manager since Pearson to have success on and off the pitch so to speak. Managers since have had quick success on the pitch but we have gone backwards of it (Rodgers) and Ranieri (backwards seems harsh but the success was definitely on the pitch not off it). Or like Puel who did good work squad building wise but couldn’t find success on the pitch. Enzo has shown signs of both.

About the Pep comment. He hasn’t been with Pep the whole time so I’m not sure we can call him the brains behind Pep!

Also think another Prem title is not at all realistic and is an unfair expectation to attach to Enzo. The door at the top has been closed further since we broke through it!

27 minutes ago, Aeropars said:

Can anyone in the 'boring' camp tell me what it is they expect, in detail? What is it about the current game that is so boring? and how, when the team is miles better than most opponents, are you to play exciting football when team set up to stick 11 men behind the ball and hope for a draw??

I honestly think that the people who currently attend games aren't anywhere near as passionate about football as the crowds of years ago.

Maybe the old passionate fan has been priced out of the game to be replaced by the rich who just have a passing interest.

There was a group of about 20 lads in front of me, all knew each other and spent nearly all the match talking about work, hardly looking at the game.

They left 10 minutes before half time and about half of them returned 15 minutes into the second half. The rest didn't even bother to come back.

I honestly wouldn't bet that they even knew the score.

I don't think it's the game, the style of football, the results. Anything. It's the people who watch it that are the problem.

• Like 2

I do think some of our games, particularly home ones are quite boring but I think it's simply a symptom of being so heavily favoured. It's like playing a Carabao Cup 3rd round game half of the time.

There has been the odd game though like the weekend where I think this style can actually be genuinely entertaining when there is space for us to attack. I think providing we don't become obsessed with playing safe and do look to hit these spaces we will be able to hurt teams in the top flight - and I'd say the games on average would be more entertaining.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aeropars said:

I think you could probably boil it down to a bit more pace and intensity. We started the passing game under Puel and he showed his frustration constantly repeating that we needed it, but never solved it. We solved it for a period under Rodger, but when things went wrong, he started the same thing. Enzo equally has pointed this out numerous times, and his frustration probably mirrors that of the fans at times. 

When passing football slows down, it's miserable to watch. Keep the intensity and I think you keep the fans on board and probably the manager happier. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Tell that to the guy with the "in Enzo we trust, Rudkin out" banner :)

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

i think the "rudkin out" part lof the banner might be relevant :)

I thought it was a bit odd they were together on the same banner honestly.

They are related of course but you can back Enzo regardless of your stance on the club hierarchy. I'm sure Enzo will have been frustrated with the recruitment but the comments felt as much about the fanbase as they did the club. 

The fans responded vocally, but they weren't all chanting Rudkin out were they? One person with a banner is not necessarily representative of the wider fanbase.

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

As if you needed any more proof that Enzo pissing off the right people 

Im sorry, Ian, but a player NOT running around  like a headless chicken with a beer belly and a mullet doesn't them a robot!

Edited by MPH

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

As if you needed any more proof that Enzo pissing off the right people 

I think the shower head on the floor analogy is apt for Marshy and his tweets

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

I do think Enzo could be the first manager since Pearson to have success on and off the pitch so to speak. Managers since have had quick success on the pitch but we have gone backwards of it (Rodgers) and Ranieri (backwards seems harsh but the success was definitely on the pitch not off it). Or like Puel who did good work squad building wise but couldn’t find success on the pitch. Enzo has shown signs of both.

About the Pep comment. He hasn’t been with Pep the whole time so I’m not sure we can call him the brains behind Pep!

Also think another Prem title is not at all realistic and is an unfair expectation to attach to Enzo. The door at the top has been closed further since we broke through it!

Fair comment, I agree with the past managers comments, Though Puel I thought was a little harshly treated. But once you fall out with players there's only one outcome unless the Club back you.

Enzo has to have learned a lot working closely with Pep,  Which we're obviously benifitting from now.

Football is a funny old game nothing is set in Stone. I belive with the right backing from the Club Enzo could build a team cappable of winning the league again.

For me,  The big unanswered question is will the Board back Top with the Funds necessary to compete at the top of the Premiership over a couple of seasons.

Then again I also know great teams can be built with modest funds once you have the right Manager in place. In Enzo I believe we have that Manager.

6 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Fair comment, I agree with the past managers comments, Though Puel I thought was a little harshly treated. But once you fall out with players there's only one outcome unless the Club back you.

Enzo has to have learned a lot working closely with Pep,  Which we're obviously benifitting from now.

Football is a funny old game nothing is set in Stone. I belive with the right backing from the Club Enzo could build a team cappable of winning the league again.

For me,  The big unanswered question is will the Board back Top with the Funds necessary to compete at the top of the Premiership over a couple of seasons.

Then again I also know great teams can be built with modest funds once you have the right Manager in place. In Enzo I believe we have that Manager.

Unfortunately there is no chance we have big money to play with in the transfer market. We have already sold off our most valuable assets, and for a cut price because of relegation. We've seen already how tight things are regardless of PL TV money.

Equally, I fear we will struggle to compete at the the top end of the Prem with the modest funds/strong scouting approach because we just don't have the vision required from the top. We only have Enzo. The only vague hope I have is that bringing Enzo in was a calculated decision to choose that style of play/approach/identity to the footballing side of things as a club in general. That would mean using that style throughout our age groups, targeting players to fit that style and if Enzo were to go, only bringing in a replacement that also bought into it. But given the other managers we were linked with, I highly doubt it.

2 hours ago, Jack1993 said:

I think everyone is analysing our home support a little too deeply and I think the exact same would happen to any fan base in our exact position. 

To me, pretty much the only factor playing any part in the silence / occasional groaning / more people leaving early is just a complete lack of jeopardy. I can't remember any point in the season so far where it's felt like we absolutely need  3 points, even when we lose or draw it's hard to feel any real anger or disappointment because we all feel like we'll probably win the next one. 

There's no one single game that we absolutely need to win until either A) The chasing teams get closer or B) We need a win to get over the automatic promotion / League winning line. 

Unfortunately without the jeopardy, anger and disappointment of losing there is no real euphoria of winning, it still feels good but just not as good as it would if Southampton were 2 points behind us. I'd go as far as saying that if we were playing in this exact way but we were 3rd in the league hunting down the top 2 the King Power would be as loud as it ever has been. 

More or less every game we're expected to win and then we win. Even now I'm fully expecting that we'll lose to Leeds away this month but it barely bothers me because it feels like we'll easily get enough points from the teams 8th and below. I fully believe that if we did drop a load of points this month and end up in a 3 way battle for 2 automatic promotion spots the stadium will get a lot louder and more encouraging as a result. 

Basically we're currently the equivalent of Evel Knievel jumping over a squirrel on a BMX

I do think there is some truth in this. I really wish the level we underperformed last season was acknowledged outside of this fanbase. It was nothing short of a disaster.