Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Enzo Maresca frustration boils over as he says 'moment there's doubt about the idea, I will leave'

16 hours ago, Itsthejoeker said:

It’s happening with everything these days, people like to draw these all encompassing Ven diagrams where if you think some of our performances haven’t been great, you must also hate Enzo, love Rudkin, punched people who disliked Rodgers, use clap banners, be over 70, travel to away games in coach one etc etc etc. 

This forum is getting horribly tribal of late. 

Indicative of the world unfortunately. Everything in life is becoming binary / tribal / opinionated. Conversation and respect for alternative opinion on the decline

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Itsthejoeker said:

It’s happening with everything these days, people like to draw these all encompassing Ven diagrams where if you think some of our performances haven’t been great, you must also hate Enzo, love Rudkin, punched people who disliked Rodgers, use clap banners, be over 70, travel to away games in coach one etc etc etc. 

This forum is getting horribly tribal of late. 

I belong to what’s known as Gen Z but 100% agree with you.

Sometimes, different is just that - different! Not necessarily better (or worse). Intelligent life preceded Football Manager, YouTube and Social Media.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

The away support has been fantastic.  These fans are hard core Foxes Fanatics and deserve considerable credit.  Looking at the results this season both home and away, you would expect the majority attendees at the KP to be really happy , BUT this is not the case.

May be some need transfer their allegiance to Manchester City ?  as this season is all about undoing the Fvck-ups created by the Rudkin-Rodgers. Unfortunately the Financial conundrum and the clearing out the dead-wood is going take another year or so.

Get behind the Team!

I still remember the away fans not getting behind smith and singing we lost the ball whenever we didnt have it. :(  So they not innocent.

12 hours ago, bovril said:

I was going to write something similar to worth the wait above.

People are conflating two things I think. I really don't know loads about modern football. I'd struggle to tell you the Liverpool first XI. I enjoy the posts about tactics on here because I know little about that side of the game. I find the style of football these days more boring than Pearson's team, and I won't ever think of this team like I do the 96-2000 or 13-16 team. I have to admit to loving a "Vardy cameo" as someone above put it. But when I go and try and be vocal and I don't leave early if we're winning. I don't constantly slag off or even shout abuse at our own players when we're top of the league, which, unbelievably. I've heard some of our fans do this season. 

There are lots of factors at play here - our bowl stadium, the recent history of the club, the shit match day experience that the club has created, the Leicestershire mentality, the fact it's a one club county. It really has much less to do with appreciating the tactics as some fans or Maresca thinks - if he actually does think that which to be honest we can't tell from this pretty cryptic interview. 

Another good point, our match day experience is dreadful, it’s like a lame version of Disney land sometimes! 

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

I still remember the away fans not getting behind smith and singing we lost the ball whenever we didnt have it. :(  So they not innocent.

That game was a total shite show with Players not respecting the shirt.   

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

That game was a total shite show with Players not respecting the shirt.   

I think you dont understand the point I am making.

If you going to moan about moaners, you cant excuse other moaners, because then you are being selective of your treatment and are showing a clear bias.

You either want fans to back the team or you dont.

Because anyone who says its ok to moan about Smith's team but not Enzo (or Rodgers before it was obvious we was doomed), is just showing double standards.

It translates to, its ok to moan if I dont like what I see but you not allowed to moan when I am liking what I see.

I dont think I could ever bring myself to sing or cheer whenever my own team loses the ball, to witness that was something else.  I could see at the time it clearly affected the players as soon as it started.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I think you dont understand the point I am making.

If you going to moan about moaners, you cant excuse other moaners, because then you are being selective of your treatment and are showing a clear bias.

You either want fans to back the team or you dont.

Because anyone who says its ok to moan about Smith's team but not Enzo (or Rodgers before it was obvious we was doomed), is just showing double standards.

It translates to, its ok to moan if I dont like what I see but you not allowed to moan when I am liking what I see.

There is people who have not enjoyed football under Enzo for one reason or another, to those people, its the same as that Fulham games was for you, and your post suggests you dont respect that.

What my post actually said was the away support this Season appears to be very positive. Whereas at home no so - this despite the results.  The Fulham game and Smith was introduced into this by yourself and is irrelevant in the scheme of things.  I do not recall actually referencing it was ok to get onto Smiths back?

Frankly speaking, people are indeed entirely free to moan about what they want and they continue to do so whatever you and I think. My point was get on to the Players and Enzo's back during home games seems a little strange given where we currently stand in the League Table.   We are not going to get out of this League beautiful football although the Stoke game was very pleasing on the eye. So if fans are expecting this, then may Manchester City is a better option.

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

What my post actually said was the away support this Season appears to be very positive. Whereas at home no so - this despite the results.  The Fulham game and Smith was introduced into this by yourself and is irrelevant in the scheme of things.  I do not recall actually referencing it was ok to get onto Smiths back?

Frankly speaking, people are indeed entirely free to moan about what they want and they continue to do so whatever you and I think. My point was get on to the Players and Enzo's back during home games seems a little strange given where we currently stand in the League Table.   We are not going to get out of this League beautiful football although the Stoke game was very pleasing on the eye. So if fans are expecting this, then may Manchester City is a better option.

Well yeah, I did actually agree we shouldnt be moaning in the ground and instead supporting the team.  My issue was just about demonising those fans.

My opinion is when it comes to supporting the team, positive singing and so on, we should do winning or losing.  Any type of protest would only ever be aimed if there is dissatisfaction with the manager or the directors of the club, but never the actual players.  However I think there is no merit in booing/shouting or whatever at Enzo at games currently, we are top with a nice margin, if I am unhappy about a performance or something, its made on foxes talk.

• Like 1

On 31/01/2024 at 09:44, adejo92 said:

Agree with him to some extent, but baring in mind the squad he has, and the standard of opposition in comparison,  let's not pretend he's worked miracles.

You're full of shit aren't you...enough said 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Im not having a go, as everyone is entitled to enjoy their support however they wish.

But the Im a tactics knowitall, Ive played FIFA and Football Manager concept is a funny one to me.

I play 4D chess