Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Enzo Maresca frustration boils over as he says 'moment there's doubt about the idea, I will leave'

17 minutes ago, Tuna said:

You are two posters whose opinions are well balanced and usually spot on, however I just can't believe that

Put it this way, I find it unbelievable or maybe I am just naïve

Some people take great enjoy in  Schadenfreude.

I think a group of fans and poster on here like the kudos of having there opinions being provided right.

Example being some seemed to take great pleasure in the Sensi deal not happening so they could bask in the glory of being right.

Same on match some take pleasure in seeing their negative comments been proven right.

• Like 1

I have some reservations about trying to play how we currently do, If we get promoted.

But if we get promoted, surely whomever achieves this gets the benefit of the doubt until well into the next season.

that aside, we are top by some distance, winning a lot of games at a absolute canter

only Leicester fans would find an significant issue with our situation

• Like 1

On 02/02/2024 at 14:35, Chrysalis said:

So its either hoof, or triangles between defenders around our box, nothing in between, I didnt realise the game was that black and white.

Ironically football is actually moving to faster transition, our club set the state of things by winning the EPL with lightning transition, and then other clubs started to follow, whilst we were going the other way, Pep, Brighton etc. play with fast transition.

For reference I dont have an issue with playing out from the back providing it has an offensive purpose to it, and it isnt overplayed in dangerous areas.

We've done really well to be top goal scorers without our midfield or attackers getting the ball tbf

Your kinda doing exactly what your trying to criticise.  We sometimes play fast transitional football and we sometimes go long and we sometimes move the ball around at the back untill we have the best opportunity to go forward or to waste time/tire opposition/not expose our defence for a long time (our possession based football is why we have the best defensive record in the league)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danno said:

When people say anyone could take us up with this money and team, look at how Stoke have fared 

1 hour ago, Danno said:

When people say anyone could take us up with this money and team, look at how Stoke have fared 

The only  thing is  Burnley played similar to us  in the Championship and look how  they are doing whereas   Luton to my amazement appear on a roll playing  the old fashion  way completely hammering Brighton   who we try to emulate but of course  one will finish in the top half whereas Luton are still likely to go back down so take your pick

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/it-doesnt-matter-me-enzo-9076790

'It doesn't matter to me' - Why Enzo Maresca won't let Leicester City critics bother him
Enzo Maresca was delighted with his side's showing against Stoke City, especially after hitting out at critics last week

ByPress Association
19:13, 3 FEB 2024

Leicester City boss Enzo Maresca is content to ignore criticism from some Foxes fans after seeing his side move 11 points clear at the top of the Championship with a 5-0 demolition of Stoke.

Doubles from Patson Daka and Jamie Vardy helped the visitors take another step toward an immediate return to the Premier League. Daka opened the scoring with a tap-in shortly before Kasey McAteer’s deflected long-range strike doubled the Foxes’ lead.

After the restart the in-form Daka converted Leicester’s first penalty of the afternoon for a sixth goal in eight games.
Substitute Vardy then notched his ninth and 10th goals of the season, his second deep in stoppage time also from the penalty spot.

It was the league leaders’ biggest victory of the season, much to the delight of boss Maresca. “The most important thing for me is the way that the team is getting better,” said the Leicester head coach. “I don’t like it when people hurt the players, because I know the effort that they’re doing to bring this club back to the Premier League.

“Since the start, I see the way that they’re working and I know that they’re doing everything they can. If some of the fans aren’t sure or convinced, it doesn’t matter to me. The performance was very good today and that experience will make us better.

“I’m very happy with the result and the clean sheet, especially with the first half-an-hour, that was very good and we played the way that we like to play."

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Yesterday was great. Not just because we won 5-0 but because we played how I spoke about this week in this thread. We were fast with the ball, direct with it, there was nothing slow about anything yesterday. 

One of our best performances of the season and one of the best games I've been too (not seen us score 5 away from home for a couple years).

This basically. I think some people think the term direct equates to hoof ball and go snobby about it. But that first Vardy goal was the absolute hybrid of great football but also direct. Win the ball, play it out, break forward, fantastic ball to Justin and a peach of a cross. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Yesterday was great. Not just because we won 5-0 but because we played how I spoke about this week in this thread. We were fast with the ball, direct with it, there was nothing slow about anything yesterday. 

One of our best performances of the season and one of the best games I've been too (not seen us score 5 away from home for a couple years).

We only played like this because Stoke actually tried to play against us instead of just defending and letting us have the ball.

Enzo can't change that.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

This basically. I think some people think the term direct equates to hoof ball and go snobby about it. But that first Vardy goal was the absolute hybrid of great football but also direct. Win the ball, play it out, break forward, fantastic ball to Justin and a peach of a cross. 

That's because Stoke was actually trying to score and had 4 or 5 players near our 18 yard box.

This don't happen every week and a lot of teams just come and sit and let us have the ball and we then have to break through a bus.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

That's because Stoke was actually trying to score and had 4 or 5 players near our 18 yard box.

This don't happen every week and a lot of teams just come and sit and let us have the ball and we then have to break through a bus.

Yes, I realise this so not sure what point you’re making? Thats twice Schumacher has used those tactics and played into our hands but we played what was in front of us and put them away with ease which is the job at hand.

In fact, those worrying about next season, these sort of games are a positive as yeah, Stoke are shit compared to the sides we will fact next season (if we see the job through).  It shows we can deal with sides who sit back and try to attack us. What’s not to like?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

We only played like this because Stoke actually tried to play against us instead of just defending and letting us have the ball.

Enzo can't change that.

That is always going to happen at home with the squad we have. Said it all summer. There were always going to be three/four teams that come and attack (possibly Leeds/Ipswich/Southampton) the rest will sit. And that's fine to me, not all teams have the luxury of our budget.

Enzo cannot change that but he can adapt. Man City and Liverpool don't play slow despite the fact every opposition they play will just defend.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Yes, I realise this so not sure what point you’re making? Thats twice Schumacher has used those tactics and played into our hands but we played what was in front of us and put them away with ease which is the job at hand.

In fact, those worrying about next season, these sort of games are a positive as yeah, Stoke are shit compared to the sides we will fact next season (if we see the job through).  It shows we can deal with sides who sit back and try to attack us. What’s not to like?

Because the other day you was saying about how we should play more direct but we can only do that if the other team wants to have a game of football instead of sitting in a low block.

It seems you realise that is the case though so fair due.

It’s a funny old season and I had no idea how it would pan out back in the summer.  We have so many players that are almost too good for this league but I feared the rot of BR has set in too deep and we might struggle.  I loved the signing of Enzo - knew nothing about him but it looked like a brave and adventurous decision which I’m all for.  There have been times we’ve been boring - Sheff Wednesday away we were dreadful and parts of the Swansea game at home was dull but when we’re good we’re very very good.  It’s possession football that counter attacks as well so possession with intent totally unlike the crap that got us relegated.  Can we pull it off next season?  I think we need at least 5 good signings to make it work and we won’t have the same amount of possession because of the standard of opposition 

And the quality of finishing goes up a notch in the prem but I’m excited to see where we go under Enzo - if Luton and forest can stay up then I’m pretty confident we can better them. 

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

Because the other day you was saying about how we should play more direct but we can only do that if the other team wants to have a game of football instead of sitting in a low block.

It seems you realise that is the case though so fair due.

The main reason I was being argumentative the other day was (ironically) because the divided extremes of our fan base is doing my head it. Apologies if I was an arse to you as a result of that 👍

I think also I was answering in terms of what I’d prefer. The answer to that is I’d prefer every team to approach us like Stoke so we can somehow how most of the ball, play fluid football whilst picking them off and playing with pace lol. Obviously I know that won’t always be the case and we have to approach each game in its own right whilst sticking with our core principles. 

I like to see us play a variety of ways in game and score all types of goal. Ones scored after 50 passes and with all 11 players contributing are fascinating and technically brilliant. But you can’t beat the adrenaline of goals like the late break away winner at West Brom.

To reiterate back to the conversations the other day, I don’t advocate those who genuinely feel it should be lump it up to the big man nor those who waste seats in the ground moaning and groaning about everything!

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I think what people are saying is, I am pretty sure Enzo wants to play this way but when teams park the bus you have to play differently, be more patient and try to draw them out of their shape and discipline and then when you do manage to create a gap then try to capitalise. Ironically yesterday shows we do have a plan A and plan B, and we will adapt to how the opposition set up against us. What is pleasing, is whichever way teams set up we are finding a way to beat most teams. 11 goals in 3 games playing against differing tactical set ups shows overall the style of our play is the right way to go. We will not always have the opportunity to play as we did yesterday but it’s good to see we are flexible. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I think what people are saying is, I am pretty sure Enzo wants to play this way but when teams park the bus you have to play differently, be more patient and try to draw them out of their shape and discipline and then when you do manage to create a gap then try to capitalise. Ironically yesterday shows we do have a plan A and plan B, and we will adapt to how the opposition set up against us. What is pleasing, is whichever way teams set up we are finding a way to beat most teams. 11 goals in 3 games playing against differing tactical set ups shows overall the style of our play is the right way to go. We will not always have the opportunity to play as we did yesterday but it’s good to see we are flexible. 

Definitely, I think we showed we can adapt and have more than a ‘plan A’ as early in the season as games like Southampton and Blackburn.

It’ll be interesting to see how we do in the Prem (again assuming we see it through).

Teams will come at us more. We will have less possession as in even if we have more than our opponents, it may be say 55% than 65% as an example. We will get more opportunities to play with pace as a result but I also can’t imagine top flight teams being as open as Stoke were yesterday!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Foxaholic ME said:

The only  thing is  Burnley played similar to us  in the Championship and look how  they are doing whereas   Luton to my amazement appear on a roll playing  the old fashion  way completely hammering Brighton   who we try to emulate but of course  one will finish in the top half whereas Luton are still likely to go back down so take your pick

The only thing I’d say on the Burnley comparison (and perhaps I could be accused of having got my blue tinted specs on) but we are far better in terms of players then Burnley were and currently are. 

Faes

Winks

KDH

Fatawu (who I think will be even better after a season), we should just pay the money!

Mavididi

Justin

Riccy P

Hermansen (and Trafford is a good keeper).

Ndidi

Would all get into their team.

I’d say there is also an argument for Vestegaard and Daka but not as sure as the ones above. 

I do think we need a CB and CM as a minimum next year but all of there is an argument that in comparison to the current PL bottom 4, (perhaps even throw Brentford and Luton into the mix), we could very much hold our own. This style needs better players