Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BKLFox

6N 2024

13 minutes ago, Manini said:

Credit to the Italians, they look like a proper outfit. 

It's probably the best Italian side since they've been in the 6N and one of the worst England ones. 

Still feel we've been here before though. Imagine England will edge them, always happens. 

11 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

we're going to struggle again this year, we might scrape past Italy, but can't see us getting anywhere near ireland.

Ireland won the grand slam last night tbh. 

At very least the tournament. Think the grand slam match would be at Twickenham, I can maybe see England throwing up a ridiculous siege mentality performance and winning that. 

But I just can't see anyone other than Ireland winning the lot. 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

It's probably the best Italian side since they've been in the 6N and one of the worst England ones. 

Still feel we've been here before though. Imagine England will edge them, always happens. 

Chipping away but a bit pedestrian trying to ram it down the middle for me. Imagine England will win due to just being in the Italian half and the pens they’ll likely give away but it’s by no means vintage. Standard compared to last night is miles away. 

Typical over reaction because it’s England.

Look further than …but it’s Eng v Italy they should be smashing them!

How many debutants were there and whilst yes they are playing individually well for their clubs they have not played as an ENG unit, it needs time to gel and it will and if Borthwick makes some big calls we could have a very different ENG moving through the tournament.

Then there’s Italy & this is not the Italy of old, these players are now playing competitively in a decent league and most for Benetton who then bring cohesion to the overall squad, it’s no longer about 1 or 2 players they have a very good 15.

Their 2 chances of an upset were England and now Wales & only at Wales because of a similar situation as England in that the amount of turnover in players (probably worse to be honest) there is.

I would still tip wales to win at home (aware Italy have won there already) but also because it’s the last game of the tournament and I feel whilst Italy have this strong 15 it then gets depleted as the tournament goes on through injuries and suspensions.

Lastly let’s not big up the game last night because that was far from what we would have expected, France never turned up and it wasn’t even because Ireland stopped them it was far to comfy for Ireland who will claim the tournament as favourites and probably the grand slam.

11 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Was looking forward to this game thinking it would be close, Wales set pieces have been awful.

This has been a long time coming. 

Will be very surprised if we don't come last this year. 

On the train back from Cardiff. 

Nearly bailed out at half time, Wales were appalling. Sublime in the second half but when they needed a decent line out to go for the killer blow they produced something straight out of their first half display. 

A great game shame both sides couldn’t have mixed it up a bit more. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Livid said:

On the train back from Cardiff. 

Nearly bailed out at half time, Wales were appalling. Sublime in the second half but when they needed a decent line out to go for the killer blow they produced something straight out of their first half display. 

A great game shame both sides couldn’t have mixed it up a bit more. 

I'm on a train home too. 

My word that was too close to call.  

Cardiff really is the king of a 6 nations day out. 

• Like 1