Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BKLFox

6N 2024

10 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

I'm on a train home too. 

My word that was too close to call.  

Cardiff really is the king of a 6 nations day out. 

Absolutely, slap bang in the city centre, two minutes walk from the main station. Got there three hours before kickoff and every bar, pub and restaurant was already rammed. 

Living in NWL I nipped over to Burton and took the direct train. I was looking at the Italy and France tickets on the way back but they clash with Mothers Day and City at home/Happy Mondays at Rock City. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Livid said:

Absolutely, slap bang in the city centre, two minutes walk from the main station. Got there three hours before kickoff and every bar, pub and restaurant was already rammed. 

Living in NWL I nipped over to Burton and took the direct train. I was looking at the Italy and France tickets on the way back but they clash with Mothers Day and City at home/Happy Mondays at Rock City. 

Yep, been to the 4 home nations on matchdays and Cardiff trumps the lot, London's probably bottom of the list as its so big you wouldnt even know there was a match on until you hit the SW suburbs.

Stadiums in city centres truly add to the matchday in any sport. Its part of the reason why Newcastle is by far the best city for a football matchday and why they should never leave SJP.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Livid said:

I had to Uber it from Loughborough to Derby and got the direct train too. 

The 8pm Nottingham train on the way home was packed, but 80% of it emptied at Cheltenham Spa....

That's my 6 nations done for this year, Edinburgh is a pain to get home from and Dublin tickets are non existent, especially since its our last game.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

I had to Uber it from Loughborough to Derby and got the direct train too. 

The 8pm Nottingham train on the way home was packed, but 80% of it emptied at Cheltenham Spa....

That's my 6 nations done for this year, Edinburgh is a pain to get home from and Dublin tickets are non existent, especially since its our last game.

I started to make my way out in the last minute (I risked Scotland not giving away a penalty on the scrum in their own half) and made a dash ( I actually ran for something for the first time in years!) and caught the 6.45, got a seat and  it was pretty full but near enough everyone got off at Newport. 

I was originally looking at the 8pm train but it would have meant getting back at midnight instead of 10pm. It was a damp and miserable day and I just didn’t fancy hanging around. 

My one gripe and I know this is a Twickenham thing as well. I did have a couple of pints but the number of times I had to stand up to let people out for a beer run or the toilet on my row was ridiculous.I will seriously consider the alcohol free sections when I go again. 

• Like 1

Anyone watched 'Six Nations: Full Contact' on Netflix?

As a casual fan I'm really enjoying the insight and behind the scenes look at the game.

Big strong boys who love the physical contact.

Nutters the lot of em :D 

13 hours ago, Izzy said:

Anyone watched 'Six Nations: Full Contact' on Netflix?

As a casual fan I'm really enjoying the insight and behind the scenes look at the game.

Big strong boys who love the physical contact.

Nutters the lot of em :D 

Not yet, I really should though.