Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

QPR (H) 1-2 Post-Match Thread

Just now, Nod.E said:

Couldn't disagree more on the first point. In those games that we won, for the most part we played decent football with clear patterns of play, and had chances to score.

I don't know what's happened to us (well, apart from our midfield being decimated), but it all looks a little every man for himself out there at the moment. And the last few games we really haven't looked much like scoring.

How to beat Leicester City checklist:

- Defend with 10 men in the box

- Wait for Faes or Justin to **** up

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Bet he does

The problem is that Enzo like most managers nowadays is stubborn, not open minded tactically which results in not having a proper plan B. Why not mix things up? Play a 4-3-1-2 or a 3-4-1-2 at home with Mavididi behind the 2 strikers. Put Nacho and Cannon/Vardy upfront, have Nacho helping Mavididi. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Fear Of The Fox said:

The problem is that Enzo like most managers nowadays is stubborn, not open minded tactically which results in not having a proper plan B. Why not mix things up? Play a 4-3-1-2 or a 3-4-1-2 at home with Mavididi behind the 2 strikers. Put Nacho and Cannon/Vardy upfront, have Nacho helping Mavididi. 

We don't have the players for that style. 

Started off well, doing everything but score. QPR go up one end and show us how to do it. Pretty poor second half from us. Even with the goal back never troubled their keeper enough. No clue from the attackers. 

1 hour ago, m4DD0gg said:

The cliches are in now:

1) Well and truly sussed out

2) Wingers are both crap

3) Bottle jobs

4) No plan B

5) No leaders

6) Play offs here we come

7) Manager exposed

If you had said that 1 month ago you'd have called a Conspiracy Theorist......and just like ALL Conspiracy Theorists, they are proved to be right a few months later!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, OadbyBlue said:

So predictable when we’re chasing the game. Out to the wingers, who either cut in and shoot/whip in a hopeful cross to the back post or play it to the centre mids running inside. So easy to sus out.

We're predictable, but QPR basically sat back in a deep 4-4-2 and made no effort to attack for the last 30 minutes, save the odd random break when the ball bounced free.

We kept playing our style, but we don't have the players to break down a well drilled team when they setup entirely to frustrate us. Even if Vardy was 10 years younger today, we wouldn't have turned it round.

Is it just me or does Faes look the most complacent player on the pitch almost every single game? He always needs to have about 5 touches on the ball and is always slowing play down even when we're chasing the game.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

I like Nelson but he was at fault for both goals. Not Faes or Justin 

Edited by Kierzz
Typo

13 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Had being the operative word, with the biggest wage bill and squad value in championship history, he now has us on course to finish in the play offs, hopefully my distrust is laughed at in May but the mental fragility in this club is clear to see

Don't worry pal, it'll be laughed at way before May.

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

Couldn't disagree more on the first point. In those games that we won, for the most part we played decent football with clear patterns of play, and had chances to score.

I don't know what's happened to us (well, apart from our midfield being decimated), but it all looks a little every man for himself out there at the moment. And the last few games we really haven't looked much like scoring.

I think we've played in moments all season. But if I try to think of a typical goal we score, I can't really do it. Obviously it's not bad to score in different ways, but I never saw the clear patterns of play consistently. And even in our most dominant games, we've always conceded chances 

7 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Justin has been inept for many many games. Some of his passes forward were just comical.

• Like 1

Just now, Raj said:

Justin has been inept for many many games. Some of his passes forward were just comical.

Heartbreaking ain’t it. He had a great chance today to blast it in, and just didn’t take it

Edited by phoneticerror

7 minutes ago, hejammy said:

We've been relying on individual brilliance far too often. When those players have an off day we become very turgid. KDH just was all huff and puff with no end result today. Mavididi was awful in every way. JJ has just not reached the heights we thought he would pre injury. Daka I just don't know what Enzo see's in him. Vardy at least gave us that little bit of bite. Cannon didn't really do anything when he came on. No idea why Enzo didn't make more subs. The wide men simple were doing nothing. Why not bring on Albrighton. Our decision making was woeful. Nelson I thought was the only one that can hold his head high. Everyone else needs to grow a pair. 

Umm…he was the one playing the QPR player onside for the first goal…and rather then do any defending, he failed to communicate to Faes, then decided thar rather than actually defend, he sold out for an offside that was never going to happen.  It was bad defending.

He’s young and he’ll improve, think he can be special, but I wouldn’t be holding my head up for being the root cause of their first goal just because he was in the right place at the right time to kick a loose ball into the net. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Judging by our performances in the last five we haven't looked good enough to win the league. What amazes me is how we are still top. 

Maths is tough. :P

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Magnum said:

Don't worry pal, it'll be laughed at way before May.

Remember when everybody in the media and half of our fanbase said our team was too good to go down?

I still think we’re good enough to win the league. But we need to change something quickly 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Yeah cos of course the league finishes in March. 

The most difficult league aka media myth where we have a massive financial advantage over 21 other clubs and we are making a dog dinner of it. 

There has to be realism now - this ain’t good enough. We’ve had this air of ‘it will be alright’ for three seasons in living memory and all of them went very wrong. This time it has very bad circumstances for the club. 

It's no media myth at all. The financial advantage may well be though. The 3 seasons prio to this were under someone else's leadership. Maybe I am wrong, but I can't understand the negativity. Before you start, yes, season ticket holder since 1994.

Just now, phoneticerror said:

Remember when everybody in the media and half of our fanbase said our team was too good to go down?

I still think we’re good enough to win the league. But we need to change something quickly 

I do remember that. Also, remember when half the country said we wouldn't win the the league?

We’ll be very lucky to finish top, let alone top two with this current form.

We’re way too pedestrian and lately never take our chances. Not having a target man option since Ulloa/Slimani continues to haunt us as we’re useless when teams park the bus. 

Can’t believe we’re choking, I really thought we could smash the points record and win the league before April. 

Yet another waste of the 1st 45 minutes. 

No excuses as many were rested on Tuesday. 

We give teams of such poor ability an opportunity to get a foothold in the games when we should be taking the initiative. 

You're not in control of a game when it's 0-0.

This could turn out pretty bad and embarrassing if Enzo doesn't have a rethink 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

I like Nelson but he was at fault for both goals. Not Faes or Justin 

I’ve not watched back, and it’s never easy to tell for sure as I sit quite low to the pitch. But the first goal looked like it wouldn’t have happened if Faes’ position was better?