Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

QPR (H) 1-2 Post-Match Thread

20 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Top of the league for how long? If you’re not worried about ****ing this up with how spineless this lot are then I wish I could have your nonchalance 

So we sack the manager? lol

Not a huge difference between this performance and most games we were winning earlier in the year. We've played on the margins for most of the season and even with the massive lead we built I was never fully convinced it would be comfortable. We really need Wilf back, he might not have the numbers that KDH has but I think he's been our most effective attacking player this season

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Magnum said:

This is the issue. The football is fine, goals conceded are expected in such a tough league. The fact we are playing such dominant football and not capitalising is the problem. 11 games left and I back Enzo to change this.

Based on what? What has he done previously to suggest he knows how to turn around a game never mind a total capitulation in form?

• Like 2

Enzo got lucky coming to us. We have a good squad but a spine made of custard. Don’t get me wrong, I think Enzo is a good guy and a very good coach. We’ve seen some huge improvements in some players and a style that saw us running away at the top of the league. 

However I think any good manager could and would have done the same. His inexperience is about to tell unfortunately. Having a set style of play is ok and reaps rewards if you execute it correctly. We just aren’t doing that at the moment. 

Those saying we are suffering for not strengthening in January might be correct to a degree, but we have enough in our squad to see this out. This isn’t about our players and their ability, this about their character. I don’t think Coady is great but I would play him in every game now for his leadership alone. We need to show character and fight, but I’m not sure it’s there. 

Enzo is about to earn his corn. This is a major wobble at precisely the wrong time. Win the next game and steady the ship. If we don’t win the next game we will slide into the playoffs and, frankly, I can’t see us getting promoted from there if that happens. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

So we sack the manager? lol

Not necessarily, hes got enough in the bank to be allowed to attempt to turn this around but if he doesn’t and we end up bottling promotion with such a big lead and the biggest wage bill/squad value in championship history you think he deserves to keep his job? 

42 minutes ago, JonesLCFC said:

I honestly thought we'd break the point record... hahaha!

We didn't look like losing post Cov. We were relentless up to that point and suffered some very unfortunate defeats (except maybe Leeds H). I don't blame you for thinking we could do it.

Just now, It'sblueupnorth said:

Based on what? What has he done previously to suggest he knows how to turn around a game never mind a total capitulation in form?

Total capitulation in form? Jesus, I bet you were a nightmare during the Brendan regime. The league is notoriously plagued with inconsistencies. This is the first time we have seen it. Continuing to play the football that had us on course to win the league with the biggest total points tally is all Enzo needs to do. Along with not listening to people like you, of course.

• Haha 4

Southampton & Ipswich can still Hammer goals,we know Leeds have the goalpower..
Sunderland does mean we have to return to positive sovereign ways….

Enzo today had no answer,he and his band of brothers of got to refind their mojo

again.. Today was how we lost…

The others will slip,they play each other, so buffer extension,but we have to build

again..

No excuse today,we were outfoxed & outplayed,not one real recognised chance,I hope now we have learnt enough,to still see us through..

Just to irritate all…We go again..!!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Not necessarily, hes got enough in the bank to be allowed to attempt to turn this around but if he doesn’t and we end up bottling promotion with such a big lead and the biggest wage bill/squad value in championship history you think he deserves to keep his job? 

No I agree with you entirely 

Although I don't think it's appreciated what he actually inherited and turned it into

Edited by foxfanazer

40 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Well deserved. People banging on about record points total, we won’t lose again this season, predicting a 6-0 win pre match, don’t worry we’ve still got a cushion. Everyone (including the players) just thinks we can turn up and finish top. 

We’re gonna be in for a shock. Not signing a CM to replace Casadei in Jan is criminal. 

Who we could sign in January? A CM from League One or a wonderkid from Football Manager? Meanwhile even ManU don't have a proper CM. Ndidi is the main force of this team. His stats were exceptional in every department until the injury.