Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

QPR (H) 1-2 Post-Match Thread

16 minutes ago, george55 said:

its time to come on here again the clowns are a it again maybe a cup run tha no one wants to win is more inportant than winning the league why u think ipswich came out early and leeds affer wk in and wk out theres players injured got a bunch of criplers well fingers croosed get in the play offs and miss out cause wat u deserve nout goal  to day scored by defender same against leeds wats forwards doing

Any chance you could rewrite this in English so it can be read and understood?

Thanks in advance.

11 minutes ago, Magnum said:

The evidence is that not many clubs bounce straight back up and especially not as Champions. I haven't ignored parachute payments at all. Parachute payments simply allow clubs to operate at 55% of the wage bill that they had the previous year. This is to stop clubs going bust.

The same leadership of Top and Rudkin clearly have nothing to do with the way we play on the pitch. We are miles different currently from the style that Dean Smith had us playing for example.

It’s just over 50% what go back up over the last twenty seasons. Comparable second tier divisions in Europe don’t have the same success rate of bounce back ability. 

Those payments also ensure we have a budget which dwarves the second placed Ipswich. Therefore we have an advantage. That can’t be denied as much LCFC fans hate hearing it. 

Top and Rudkin clearly have the influence - they’ve opted with a manager with such a clear defined playing style. They have the ability to stop that or back it with support in signings etc. 

19 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Pliskin said:

think the implosion has already started, if you’re trying to win the league you don’t lose to teams in the relegation zone. 

No cutting edge, 

No fight

a complete inability to come from behind. 

The writings on the wall, the lack of depth and lack of quality will kill us, I feared we’d **** up and we did, just a shit mentality.

It is not all about mentality it's about our players not being good enough.

Not a patch on pearsons team promoted as champions.That team was better man for Man but it took 3 years to build.Weve had a good start and some Luck.Weve been found out a bit now .Unfortunately the players are not good enough to win the league by a mile.They may get automatic,or they may have to have a go at the play offs.Nevertheless it's been a good season and most of us would have settled for the play offs at the start of the season.

COYB!

Erm, absolutely I would not settle for the playoffs. This is yet another epic implosion and there’s no way you can put a positive spin on it. 

14 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

We literally pass it around. Then it goes wide and one of the wingers either whip it into Daka (who’s notoriously awful in the air), or they try a shot. That’s about it. 

With the amount of balls we put in, SURELY we have to try Albrighton and Cannon at some point? 

Both wingers were poor.

Mavadidi wasn't worth his place on the park, and Fatawu for all the ball he had, was so wasteful with it.

They wasn't on their own though, probably with the exception of Nelson, who I thought done well,  the others were no where near the levels they need to be.

The most concerning thing today for me, was that we didn't even create any real chances.

The Boro and Leeds games, at least we created, and should have won the games.

Today we created jack shite, and lacked any creativity at all.

Edited by smudger63
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lnkstern said:

Allowed two QPR goals on what I believe were the first two QPR shots.  Missed Jannik today.

Showed some good intensity in the second half, but we haven't found a way to prise open a deep and determined defense.

Gap to third down to five points.

Didn't really see any performances that deserved plaudits.  Some decent play, but it wasn't good enough overall.

there crap face facts people bring subs on to try change the game twice now bought 2 players on that are worse than the two took off time to rid of vardy and cannon not a clue for me at this rate its aplay off and tthen wat as theres no bottle and i think some of the players certainly dont like the bad weather so maybe get some scarfts and gloves and a brolly each top and bottom there a joke i think the reserves put on a better show

To be fair it’s not over and it’s still all in our hands. I think the next game is literally make or break. We win it and we can start to build some positive momentum again, we lose it and we are done - in my opinion. 

The most sickening thing is that this has been coming for many weeks. I’m not paid to see it and nor are others, but we did. It can be stopped and we can turn this around. 

so many goals we concede come down Justin's side, given he's there fore being a better defender this is really bad, bite the bullet and play with Doyle from now on who at least is more use going the other way. And unlike Justin he'll look left and pass to Stephy

Enzo was as much to blame as any player was though, moving KDH to the right of the 8s didn't works and should have been swapped back, both wingers were woeful and we had 2 on the bench so chuck them on at the same time as Cannon.

As for Mavididi and his dive at the end, fine him for that, pathetic

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Both wingers were poor.

Mavadidi wasn't worth his place on the park, and Fatawu for all the ball he had, was so wasteful with it.

They wasn't on their own though, probably with the exception of Nelson, who I thought done well,  the others were no where near the levels they need to be.

The most concerning thing today for me, was that we didn't even create any real chances.

The Boro and Leeds games, at least we created, and should have won the games.

Today we created jack shite, and lacked any creativity at all.

It was awful today mate. 

• Like 2

What a terrible result and an awful weekend. Good teams find a way to win and at the moment we can't. A lot of my optimism has slipped away because we can't just blame it all in luck. We aren't scoring enough goals, our defence isn't as secure as it has been and although we dominate games it's to little effect and the pressure is increasing.. QPR did to us what Boro did and every team who comes to the KP will adopt the same gameplan and mindset. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I hate feeling that we were so confident of winning the league to the prospect of finishing 3rd or 4th on the last day of the season actually becoming a possibility.

Squeaky bum time. 😩

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I hate feeling that we were so confident of winning the league to the prospect of finishing 3rd or 4th on the last day of the season actually becoming a possibility.

I think it’s gone beyond that now, where is our next win coming from? This team looked beaten at the end of the game, sunk to their knees. 

We’ve lost key players at the wrong time, and those we have available are too inconsistent. We’ve got a weak mentality and an inexperienced manager. We’ve seen this happen before, top two for me now is out of the question, play offs will be the best we can hope for I think. The signs just aren’t good.

Can only really echo other comments. Didn't create anything really and had no answers to the QPR defence. Thought the couple of losses prior were unfortunate, but not this one. Was deserved. 

A real shame given Leeds dropped points before us too. A chance to be sitting much more comfortably.

I think we will likely finish the FA cup weekend off the top of the table, and it's then about how we respond.

9 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

To be fair it’s not over and it’s still all in our hands. I think the next game is literally make or break. We win it and we can start to build some positive momentum again, we lose it and we are done - in my opinion. 

The most sickening thing is that this has been coming for many weeks. I’m not paid to see it and nor are others, but we did. It can be stopped and we can turn this around. 

Three away games at tough opponents all queuing up to knock us off the top. We were fantastic first half of the season but we are nowhere near as clinical or as  watertight at the back. 

• Like 1

Middlesboro and Qpr have played us a treat..sat back, soak it up and counter…

we are  very predictable in our approach.

Given our recent history of bottling CL and EL on a couple  of occasions..

Downing tools in last years relegation fight.

it’s happening again isn’t it..

We always seem like we are trying to score the perfect goal, the openings we create for shots are numerous ,   no one seems to have the bollax to take responsibility to have a go, the amount of goals we have conceded off the arse of our defenders  should have been something we could have learned from but not us, 25 passes left and right then try to play that inch perfect slide rule pass that mostly fails... Oh well , on to Tuesday lose that and I could see the unthinkable happening..

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, george55 said:

its time to come on here again the clowns are a it again maybe a cup run tha no one wants to win is more inportant than winning the league why u think ipswich came out early and leeds affer wk in and wk out theres players injured got a bunch of criplers well fingers croosed get in the play offs and miss out cause wat u deserve nout goal  to day scored by defender same against leeds wats forwards doing

@HighPeakFox

Fill your boots.

Predictable and stodgy. 

Middlesbrough and now QPR have shown how to play against us. Should have scored two against Middlesbrough but today other than the dace before the goal did their keeper have to make a save? After seeing the Leeds result the players should have been well up for this, but the low risk playing through the middle football sucked the life out of the team. 

Absolutely appalling. 3 defeats, 7 conceded, lead dwindling. Hopefully playing away from home for the rest of the month might be a blessing in disguise!

Edited by StonyFox
Typo

Rotation worked well again then! One of the biggest myths in football for me. Should have picked Coady for organisational skills alone. He carried many of those players at Bournemouth and would likely have snuffed out a  bang ordinary QPR side who didn't really have to lift a finger in anger to get a result today. Unless Enzo sorts out our centre halves defensively we ain't getting automatic promotion.