Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

QPR (H) 1-2 Post-Match Thread

13 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Only Leicester fans could want the manager sacked whilst sitting top of the league lol

Hoped the hangers on from the prem win would've ****ed off by now

Weirdly, among people I know, the ones whom I'd class PL hangers-on are actually far more positive than the rest of us! I keep thinking that the complacency, and the 82nd minute exoduses at home, come from that direction, whereas a lot of the dye-in-wool fans are less cocksure. But there may well be some confirmation bias on my part when it comes to backing up these suspicions!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bazly said:

Does anyone actually believe this side is fit for the EPL other than to get their arse handed to them week in week out? 

A month ago I was talking to my Leeds FC supporting mate and he said everyone was fighting for 2nd in the league, I told him 1st was up for grabs because we were playing boring shit 10 man defence football and the gap was only 12 points.

No mate, but we're not paying in the EPL right now, so I wouldn't worry

3 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Enzo’s team has been figured out 

Top and Rudkin are to blame they never offered any help to Enzo in January 

if rather not go up if it saw Rudkin sacked 

Enzo doesn’t like Rudkin and this could be a battle royal as to who wins ! 

These are huge moments 

Is that true? 

We’ve got zero creativity. It’s the same plays over and over again, and when they’re not working we continue to do them over and over. Really shocking today, repeat of Boro. 

Hoping we sort ourselves out, but the playoffs are calling 😡

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

That's now 58 shots in 3 league games, 12 on target, 3 goals. Its simply not good enough whatever way you try and butter it up. This season has got bottlejob written all over it if we don't seriously buck our ideas up.

This is the issue. The football is fine, goals conceded are expected in such a tough league. The fact we are playing such dominant football and not capitalising is the problem. 11 games left and I back Enzo to change this.

• Like 1

Just now, Sampson said:

But all we did today was pass the ball round 100 times with QPR not even needing to close us down and then we’d get bored of that after a couple of minutes and try a weak loopy cross into the box which QPR dealt with easily.

It’s not about if you think it’s an outdated style or not, that’s the style we adapted today and at least with Albrighton on and some height up from we’d have a chance of those crosses being useful. 

I will say that wasn't helped by Cannon constantly going wide to the winger. His movement is really poor

13 minutes ago, Matt said:

Yeah, not having that.

I let Middlesbrough slide, I let Leeds slide (Fwiw I enjoyed those games) but nah, not having that.

Despite the possession, the shots, that was poor. Clueless. Not grit, no fire, no determination. 

Mentality is shot.

Not once did I feel we had QPR under pressure or their back were up against the wall.

We’re bottling this or atleast doing our best to try.

i think it's more the fact that we don't have the players to break down a well drilled, in form Championship side when they put 11 men behind the ball, deny us space, and protect a lead for 30 minutes.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Enzo’s team has been figured out 

Top and Rudkin are to blame they never offered any help to Enzo in January 

if rather not go up if it saw Rudkin sacked 

Enzo doesn’t like Rudkin and this could be a battle royal as to who wins ! 

These are huge moments 

God I hope so, all the fans except a handful of happy clappy losers firmly in Enzos corner 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bazly said:

Does anyone actually believe this side is fit for the EPL other than to get their arse handed to them week in week out? 

A month ago I was talking to my Leeds FC supporting mate and he said everyone was fighting for 2nd in the league, I told him 1st was up for grabs because we were playing boring shit 10 man defence football and the gap was only 12 points.

10 man defence football? You having a laugh? Are you also your Leeds FC supporting mate??

This one will hurt the players confidence.

when we lost the previous 2 games, we were still creating, and the hope was that we would turn it around, but today we were poor. Enzo I want you to succeed, but you need to turn this around fu*king quickly now.☹️

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

It’s not the voicing of an opinion that’s the problem, everyone’s welcome to do that. Being a smug **** when we lose is the problem. 

As opposed to being smug when we win, it works both ways.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

...and that's the last day i'm visiting this forum for a bit.

I get that it's a bit worrying, i get that we're not happy - but so many posters on here, talk about bottling it.

Unbearable listing to you lot of entitled bitches.

So you leave when the going gets tough, the exact problem with our squad which is what us unhappy fans are venting about.

It’s not all roses mate and most of us and just saying what we see.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

God I hope so, all the fans except a handful of happy clappy losers firmly in Enzos corner 

Sums up a lot of our 'fans'. Top of the league. Young exciting squad. But nope, not good enough. Let's bring in someone who knows 'proper' football. 

Time for cool heads but more fire in the belly. Echoes a bit of 2016 now as sides behind think they can catch us. That end of season we wobbled a little but we kept going. Need to see and show leadership on amd off the pitch. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 1

Just now, CosbehFox said:

Personally had enough of arrogant happy clapper stuff, so this is good news 

You're right. We shouldn't be happy that we are still top of the most difficult league in the world to bounce straight back up from. If you have any spare razor blades, fancy sharing?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonnyBoy said:

You would like to think we would get the better of 6th place over two legs then it’s a coin toss at Wembley

You need some steel to win playoff matches and this team doesn't have much, if any. Wouldn't be optimistic at all about playoff chances.

So predictable when we’re chasing the game. Out to the wingers, who either cut in and shoot/whip in a hopeful cross to the back post or play it to the centre mids running inside. So easy to sus out.