Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rob1742

Three Kits Per Season Not Good

It will never change when there's money to be made. 

FFP doesnt help as its used as an excuse by owners to increase revenue sources as the detriment of fans.

Edit - to clarify my gripe is more with changing kits every season than anything else.

Edited by Nalis

Think its a league rule to have a third?

I was proud that we held out for so long with a 2 year home kit rotation but that has to have changed more than a decade ago now - that for me would be a better bet.

Or simply don't have the shirts costs set to rape rates.

Edited by hebangsthedrums

6 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Lucky it is only 3. 4 kits are creeping in for the big six so give it two or three years and 4 will be the norm. 

Home kit. 

Away kit.

League cup kit. 

Fa cup kit.

European kit (for the clubs in Europe)

Papa Johns trophy kit (for when the shit really hits the fan and we drop down to league 1) 

9 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Home kit. 

Away kit.

League cup kit. 

Fa cup kit.

European kit (for the clubs in Europe)

Papa Johns trophy kit (for when the shit really hits the fan and we drop down to league 1) 

Many clubs seem to also have a kit to deliberately confound the colourblind.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

They are bringing out all these retro kits, which must be selling as they have a great deal of space in the club shop. But in years to come these modern kits won’t become icons because nobody will end up recalling them to a season or player.

The sad part is that we are already there. These latest retro kits aren't iconic or classic.

(I love the white sash kit & will stock up on a couple to play football in, but they only played in it twice FFS) 

Edited by Golden Fox

10 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

This three kit per season situation needs to change. 

I get the thought process, it’s greed by the clubs and it gets instant revenue at the beginning of each season.

However, it doesn’t give the fans time to relate to it, to relate it to players, games etc and so it then becomes a vague memory a few years later rather than a piece of history.

I used to look at a kit and relate it to certain players, the Matty Fryatt kit, Tony James, Rooster etc, but now they come and go so quickly you can’t really relate them to anything unless you’ve had a great season.

They are bringing out all these retro kits, which must be selling as they have a great deal of space in the club shop. But in years to come these modern kits won’t become icons because nobody will end up recalling them to a season or player.

It’s short term gain at the moment, but long term it won’t be good as these won’t be reissued and sold like the older ones are currently. 

Spot on.  The bukta 90-92 I can vividly recall the team that played most weeks.  Likewise the first fox leisure kit.  After that sort of period they all tend to blur into one

Edited by rugbyblue

Guest leatherhead32
1 hour ago, rugbyblue said:

Spot on.  The bukta 90-92 I can vividly recall the team that played most weeks.  Likewise the first fox leisure kit.  After that sort of period they all tend to blur into one

never get the shirt thing tbh  , get youngens being into it but a couple of oldens came in pub one time after being distraught that they both purchased the new shirt and low n behold they couldn't have their names on em as the printer was broke!!!! and then zero hour contract people say lifes hard   

2 minutes ago, leatherhead32 said:

never get the shirt thing tbh  , get youngens being into it but a couple of oldens came in pub one time after being distraught that they both purchased the new shirt and low n behold they couldn't have their names on em as the printer was broke!!!! and then zero hour contract people say lifes hard   

Ha ha there's a train of thought that blokes over a certain age shouldn't wear sportswear......I tend to agree 😂

Edited by rugbyblue
Spelling

Guest leatherhead32
Just now, leatherhead32 said:

1 hour ago, rugbyblue said:

1 minute ago, leatherhead32 said:

sorry rugbyblue should have typed that in reply to topic . not quote. wasnt meant to be pop at you. my mistake

Just now, leatherhead32 said:

sorry rugbyblue should have typed that in reply to topic . not quote. wasnt meant to be pop at you. my mistake

I didn't take it a a pop.  Don't worry.   Besides I've had far worse pops at me and survived 👍

Guest leatherhead32
Just now, rugbyblue said:

I didn't take it a a pop.  Don't worry.   Besides I've had far worse pops at me and survived 👍

your a gent

22 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

This three kit per season situation needs to change. 

I get the thought process, it’s greed by the clubs and it gets instant revenue at the beginning of each season.

However, it doesn’t give the fans time to relate to it, to relate it to players, games etc and so it then becomes a vague memory a few years later rather than a piece of history.

I used to look at a kit and relate it to certain players, the Matty Fryatt kit, Tony James, Rooster etc, but now they come and go so quickly you can’t really relate them to anything unless you’ve had a great season.

They are bringing out all these retro kits, which must be selling as they have a great deal of space in the club shop. But in years to come these modern kits won’t become icons because nobody will end up recalling them to a season or player.

It’s short term gain at the moment, but long term it won’t be good as these won’t be reissued and sold like the older ones are currently. 

It's not having 3 kits that's the issue here ad we always had 3 in the erad you talk about, it's that they change EVERY year rather than every other year.