Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Norwich post match thread

28 minutes ago, John rayner said:

I thought Fatawu had a great game 

He was inconsistent with his shooting is something that he needs to improve, but overall he was an outlet and a handful for their defence. 

He's young and I think that is something that can be coached. But he's improving. 

• Like 1

Just now, fox_favourite said:

He was inconsistent with his shooting is something that he needs to improve, but overall he was an outlet and a handful for their defence. 

He's young and I think that is something that can be coached. But he's improving. 

Their poor LB had no answer to his pace. skinned him countless times... If he DOES develop and cement down that end product, he'll play for  a Man City/ Barcelona type club one day

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

We talk about how poor Norwich were. I genuinely think it was a case of how good our guys were yesterday. They couldve collapsed after that first goal. They pushed them back and dominated. It was an awesome performance. Very much needed. They've rightly been criticised in the last few games but yesterday, that was a champions performance. 

Its like we've gone back in time to Nov/Dec, when we didn't beat teams, those whose turned up were just poor.  It has been a while since Enzo's preferred choices were used in the starting 11 and it showed. Thought we played excellently and didn't give them a sniff. Final whistle their defence crumpled to the ground - they were knackered.  Its how we used to play. 

1 minute ago, MPH said:

Their poor LB had no answer to his pace. skinned him countless times... If he DOES develop and cement down that end product, he'll play for  a Man City/ Barcelona type club one day

There were a few moments where he waltz passed 2-3 players. He had a brilliant game (slightly wayward shooting aside). 

1 hour ago, John rayner said:

I thought Fatawu had a great game 

A player like him is always worth having in your side. Norwich were shit scared of him so while he didn't necessarily create much or come close to scoring his direct running kept Norwich on the back foot and enabled us to keep them pinned in. I think he's a fantastic player. His end product can and will improve but it's still one of the league's best. Only KDH, Armstrong, Rutter, Davis and Sara have more assists than him and he's only just turned 20.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Different context though. There was a game still to be won after the first goal, but the game had been won after the third.

meh to each their own....imo....Enzo's a defensive minded bore... we were on top and playing as well as we had for months when we scored that 1st goal... he shouldve been throwing his arms up and enthusiastically cheering us on roaring us to attack.. instead, he wants slow tip tap.

If we piled the pressure on after that first goal we couldve hammered them, built our confidence and goal difference.

• Like 1

IT WAS THE FANS WOT WON IT

Early in the first half whenever  we were passing for passing's sake there were discernible murmurings of disquiet and tbf it happened far less from then on for the rest of the game

Then Fatawu was stood in acres of space and regularly ignored for an early ball. the cheers from L1 when he did get it really made a difference from that moment on when we were hitting some great early diagonals to both him and Mavadidi - No coincidence that both had good games.

THE FANS were my MOTM - 10/10

6 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

meh to each their own....imo....Enzo's a defensive minded bore... we were on top and playing as well as we had for months when we scored that 1st goal... he shouldve been throwing his arms up and enthusiastically cheering us on roaring us to attack.. instead, he wants slow tip tap.

If we piled the pressure on after that first goal we couldve hammered them, built our confidence and goal difference.

Like we did?

3 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

I watched Enzo quite a lot yesterday and there were a few times especially in the second half you could see his frustration with Fatawu and Winks for both chopping back and not pushing forward so to say he should have been getting us to push on is actually what he was doing... 

They use the 3 player rule which is obvious to see. You only pass to 3 players and if none are on then you go back and recycle. Its a solid tactic to use but it also means that players need to take a risk every now and again. When you are top and cruising you take the risks, when you arent you dont. 

For me its more on the players that the manager, it is his job to encourage them if they do take the risk and it doesnt pay off.