Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Norwich post match thread

20 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

No.. EnzoBall is slow, (as Enzo tried to implement after we had scored) patient, pragmatic, build-up play, with multiple passes to move the opposition. There was a noticeable reduction in all of those traits in todays performance.

Don’t agree but we all see things differently.

1 hour ago, Guppys Love Child said:

In my opinion.

We won that due to the Semi - (and a bit.more) abandonment of EnzoBall.

1st half was the best, and might I say the most entertaining we have played in a long time. Less tippy tappy, 'to me to you' pass fest in the name of control, and more to the playing to our individual players strengths.

Some may say it was because we had Ricardo and Doyle in the side ( yes we did look better and more balanced) but it was the lack of EnzoBall for me was the real reason.  We looked to get forward.

Yes around 70 mins we retreated to a bit of control and put ourselves under a bit of pressure but then tried to push on again. Which was pleasing 

For me there was noticeable increase in the amount of forward and cross field passes from previous matches and far less EnzoBall back and side passing to control. 

And didn't we look and perform so so much better for it.

Let's hope Enzo has learnt and plays the same way again. As said, we are better at it then EnzoBall.

Spot on.

Doyle and Ricardo obviously made a big difference as well.

• Like 1

30 minutes of turgid lifeless football where we conceded another soft goal and somehow managed to get level.

30 minutes of high intensity quality football which got us into the lead.

30 minutes of taking our foot off the gas ‘not again Leicester FFS’ football before the GOAT finally put it to bed. 

Fantastic and frustrating to watch in equal measure but we got the win. 

An improvement of recent week’s. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Guest said:

We could play more positively and move the ball quicker because we had Ricardo and Doyle back, and also I suspect partly because dropping out of the automatic places gave the squad a big collective wake-up call. Having the most important role in the team performed by our best player rather than Hamza Choudhury changes things quite dramatically, as does replacing Justin with Doyle and his much more expansive passing range.

Interestingly, as far as I can tell the last game Ricardo and Doyle both started was Stoke away when we won 5-0.

We were literally playing with two more attackers with them. It means KDH and Ndidi don’t have to drop too deep to win the ball, puts them in attacking positions, which then gives the wingers more space. The strikers didn’t miss easy chances today because they didn’t get any, as everyone else was further forward getting chances. Which is what was happening up until February. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Livid said:

30 minutes of turgid lifeless football where we conceded another soft goal and somehow managed to get level.

30 minutes of high intensity quality football which got us into the lead.

30 minutes of taking our foot off the gas ‘not again Leicester FFS’ football before the GOAT finally put it to bed. 

Fantastic and frustrating to watch in equal measure but we got the win. 

An improvement of recent week’s. 

Good summary that! :schmike:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Your opinion my friend. ( But it is a forum👍)

But sorry I don't agree - and reading others posts they have similar options.

With EnzoBall we would have passed the hell out of it around the middle of the park. Today we were so much more forward intent minded.  Noticeably less passing backwards and the most crossfield and searching through balls I've seen us do in a long time. 

The cross field passes ( and we did lots of that in the first half of the season) were because they flooded the middle of the pitch and left the wingers one for one. Hence with the ball on one side of the pitch, there is a cross field pass available to the opposite winger. 

You have to play depending on the tactics of your opponent. I posted this quite early in the MD thread. Winks and Ricky had no space but if that’s the case then there must be room somewhere else. second half they attempted to get a second player closer to the wingers which meant we made more passes in the middle of the pitch. 

Imo we were just more aggressive and pro active with our movement off the ball which gave the passer an option other than the safe sideways or backwards pass. 

• Like 2

Very important win that will hopefully reignite us for the run in, although it did feel like Norwich's tactics helped us.

Really thought they'd go for the jugular after they scored, knowing how lacking in confidence we were and how on a knife edge a lot of our fans are at the moment. 

However watching the game with a Norwich supporting mate, apparently this is them generally away from home. Very passive and often giving the initiative to the opposition, having taken the lead (sounds familiar).  This is one of the main reasons a lot of their fans are still very much anti Wagner.

Be interesting to see stats of km covered today.and sports and recovery runs..all seemed well up..

However, there was a 10 minute vacuum between 67 and 77 mins where we needed to keep that intensity by bringing on JJ (who I thought was excellent in his cameo,.away from that shit how of a lcb role he's asked.to perform) and Dennis and Hamza and Vards. 

Shout out to Daka today who had a thankless role leading that press. 

much better performance overall. Doyle makes us so much better with the ball than having Justin there, just night an day between them. Good to see Stephy and KDH looking more like themselves though we have to be more even with how we attack almost everything goes down the left for much of the game.

I still don't get why Coady isn't starting over Faes but the latter was more controlled then he has been.

Enzo used his subs better, he wasn't to know this but with the approach Norwich took this was probably a game for Iheanacho to start. Vardy will be feeling a lot better tonight.

16 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

First game they actually seemed to give a shit in a while 

Be nice if some of the fans showed they give a shit. Thousands leaving early as per😡

Win or lose stay to applaud the team. Plastics. 

Big, important win!

Not the most enthralling still but we're in a position and stage of the season where aslong as we get the result it doesn't really matter.

I was ready to flip my lid early on the game, bout the 7th minute where we were passing on the edge of our box, then stood still with the ball, there was abit of discontent from fans and Enzo threw his hands in the air.

On the flip side, as frustrating as is/he has been, it was great scenes when we scored the 3rd and him, Fatawu and Mavididi were jumping over each other.

Hopefully we've turned a corner, got some confidence back, onto the next one.