Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Norwich post match thread

We did look more balanced with Doyle and he seems better and longer progressive passes. Quite like the role Justin played when he came on though, don't think it's a bad option to play him further forward.

• Like 4

Just now, phoneticerror said:

. Imagine if we’d started the match with a striker though

To be fair we started with Vardy last game and he missed some absolute sitters..

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lionator said:

We were literally playing with two more attackers with them. It means KDH and Ndidi don’t have to drop too deep to win the ball, puts them in attacking positions, which then gives the wingers more space. The strikers didn’t miss easy chances today because they didn’t get any, as everyone else was further forward getting chances. Which is what was happening up until February. 

Between their respective injuries we've only actually managed to start them together 11 times, of which we've won 10 - the sole defeat being the Hull home game which we didn't really have any business losing. Our points per match in games Doyle plays is 2.77 which is the best of anyone with any significant amount of minutes. Together they make a big difference.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

The whole team played shite that day though

I get the criticism of Daka, I really do..

I just think Vardy has a bit more credit in the bank with fans because he missed some absolute howlers last week and deserved criticism.

A win we needed. Performance was still very patchy. First half wasn’t great, slow pace and didn’t really stretch them all that often. Conceded a very poor goal too. 

Second half we came out with much more pace about our game. Started to isolate their fullbacks and get the wingers in one v one situations. But after we scored the second goal, we seemed to sit back again and allowed them more control in the game again. Thought Mavididi grew into the game after the first goal, but Abdul was all over the place, some good stuff and then some moments of pure insanity, but at least he stretched the play in the second half. 

Thought N’didi was poor today, looked miles off it fitness wise, Daka was poor today too. I’m glad we got the third, needed it to just give the lads a boost, they seemed to be together after that performance which I was concerned about perhaps their heads had gone. Just need to back it up now, try and go on a run, take care of ourselves. 

19 minutes ago, Livid said:

30 minutes of turgid lifeless football where we conceded another soft goal and somehow managed to get level.

30 minutes of high intensity quality football which got us into the lead.

30 minutes of taking our foot off the gas ‘not again Leicester FFS’ football before the GOAT finally put it to bed. 

Fantastic and frustrating to watch in equal measure but we got the win. 

An improvement of recent week’s. 

Disagree. At 2-1 up we were pretty much in control - largely due to the fact that the Norwich press was non-existence. They put very little pressure on us in the second half, failed to shut down the mf as other teams have managed and offered little threat in the final third which surprised me given their recent good run. For that reason, I don't think that today was an accurate measure of our performance or potential at all. 

What I will say is that some of the reactionary threads, posts, melodrama and histrionics over the last two months on here have been once again, beyond embarrassing. Yes, the drop in form has been alarming as was the complete collapse at Leeds - largely down to the lack of a plan B, poor finishing, fatigue and a lack of focus. Yes, off the pitch the club is a shambles right now and of course an inquisition by its fanbase is to be expected. However, I don't agree that our players are lacking commitment or that our manager is out of his depth. 

You can see what the win meant today. Mav, Abdul and Wilf up off the bench and celebrating on the sidelines was great to see. Where I'm not convinced that we'll win the league, we will get automatic promotion I'm sure. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, MPH said:

I get the criticism of Daka, I really do..

I just think Vardy has a bit more credit in the bank with fans because he missed some absolute howlers last week and deserved criticism.

I’m not the one that criticised him.

Edited by phoneticerror

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

A win we needed. Performance was still very patchy. First half wasn’t great, slow pace and didn’t really stretch them all that often. Conceded a very poor goal too. 

Second half we came out with much more pace about our game. Started to isolate their fullbacks and get the wingers in one v one situations. But after we scored the second goal, we seemed to sit back again and allowed them more control in the game again. Thought Mavididi grew into the game after the first goal, but Abdul was all over the place, some good stuff and then some moments of pure insanity, but at least he stretched the play in the second half. 

Thought N’didi was poor today, looked miles off it fitness wise, Daka was poor today too. I’m glad we got the third, needed it to just give the lads a boost, they seemed to be together after that performance which I was concerned about perhaps their heads had gone. Just need to back it up now, try and go on a run, take care of ourselves. 

Fatawu ruined his fullback in the first half, surprised they didn't drag him at half time

Good second half, absolutely hammered them.

However,  let's not pretend that the first half was any better than anything we've endured these last few games.

It was a poor Norwich performance but a wins a win.

Still hasn't altered my opinion on Enzo but that doesn't stop me crediting a good second half.

• Haha 1

I wonder what others think when we get a win like today is it down to manager or the players, at the start of the game it seemed business as usual short tippy back of the park nonsense conceded a sloppy goal didn't seem to react at first and then suddenly we started to do cross balls to the wings was a completely different game,got the equaliser, Enzo seem to be saying calm it down but players jumped up a gear and second half we mostly dominated plus KDH had an excellent game but seemed more left sided than usual which seemed to be better for him.

57 minutes ago, Livid said:

30 minutes of turgid lifeless football where we conceded another soft goal and somehow managed to get level.

30 minutes of high intensity quality football which got us into the lead.

30 minutes of taking our foot off the gas ‘not again Leicester FFS’ football before the GOAT finally put it to bed. 

Fantastic and frustrating to watch in equal measure but we got the win. 

An improvement of recent week’s. 

It was more like 30, 40, 20, but you're right.

I'll put the first 30 down to nerves and confidence, I'll take confidence from the middle 40, and we shouldn't be shocked by the final 20. 

First 30 aside (confidence), it's what we've come to expect from us this season - Great until the end is in sight. Our idea of closing out a game is to slow the game down (but without actually wasting time), waiting for the game to end.

Just glad we've got Doyle, Ricky and N'didi back. I think we can expect more of that middle 40 now.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MPH said:

Faes. 

I just don’t know what to say about him anymore.

Won the ball back which created the opportunity for the first goal. Don’t think he actually did a lot wrong today? Carried the ball out of the defence well? 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Won the ball back which created the opportunity for the first goal. Don’t think he actually did a lot wrong today? Carried the ball out of the defence well? 

Gave the corner away cheaply that resulted in the Norwich goal, so that evens it out a bit 🙈