Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Norwich post match thread

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

Won the ball back which created the opportunity for the first goal. Don’t think he actually did a lot wrong today? Carried the ball out of the defence well? 

I've been Faes biggest critic and still think he needs shipping, but I thought he was decent today too.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Norwich were dreadful for a side wanting to have a go at the play offs. Offered next to nothing.

Was really surprised how bad they were. Did they even have a shot on target other than the goal?

• Like 1

I'm glad some of the fans gave ironic cheers when the ball was passed forward. 

We actually tried to turn them, and not just pass the ball around.

Once we settled in the pass side ways mode, they started to look more threatening. 

It was the most dominant game, since Enzo been here. 

Great game, well done. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bert said:

Won the ball back which created the opportunity for the first goal. Don’t think he actually did a lot wrong today? Carried the ball out of the defence well? 

Lost the ball with a very shit cross in order to win it back.

From his incompetent toe punt in the 6th minute I reckoned he was going to have a disaster. He wasn't anywhere near as bad as he's been recently, but there was still a succession of poor passes and suicidal lunges. I have very little confidence in him these days.

• Like 4

Definitely a game we grew into. Very poor goal to give away, almost like our defence just ran away from the ball.

But, the reason I was really pleased after Hull even though we didn’t win was that we showed good character and mental fortitude to come back from behind twice and coming back from behind to win (for the first time since December I think they said), was great.

Not getting into the whole Enzoball or not debate but what was clear was that we were playing with more urgency for much of the game today which has been lacking. Effort and energy is what we want and as shown today, the result will follow as we do have quality in the side. 

Doyle and Ricardo helped hugely also. The long switch of play passes really help our play.

I’m still a bit confused on the rules; is what their player did to KDH at the corner allowed? 

He literally put his arms around him (not holding) then just walked/pushed him out of the way. If feels like it should be illegal, but I’m not too sure? 

• Like 1

Wagner must have sent them out to conserve energy and hope to shithouse a draw. Woeful from them.

Glad we could take advantage and hopefully provides a confidence boost for fans and players.

Important not to get too carried away and think were back as well, as that was a very lethargic Norwich team that barely tried to attack

Good to see Wilf getting fitter as well and having Ricardo back is a lift.

Thought Vesty was lucky to escape a red when he dragged down Sargent on the half way line. Thankfully the ref decided it was Sargent doing the fouling for some reason haha.

23 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Definitely a game we grew into. Very poor goal to give away, almost like our defence just ran away from the ball.

But, the reason I was really pleased after Hull even though we didn’t win was that we showed good character and mental fortitude to come back from behind twice and coming back from behind to win (for the first time since December I think they said), was great.

Not getting into the whole Enzoball or not debate but what was clear was that we were playing with more urgency for much of the game today which has been lacking. Effort and energy is what we want and as shown today, the result will follow as we do have quality in the side. 

Doyle and Ricardo helped hugely also. The long switch of play passes really help our play.

Watching it back, it's because the Norwich player on the front post grabs KDH and pulls him out of position to make space for the incoming attackers. Should have been a foul really.

2 hours ago, Guppys Love Child said:

No.. EnzoBall is slow, (as Enzo tried to implement after we had scored) patient, pragmatic, build-up play, with multiple passes to move the opposition. There was a noticeable reduction in all of those traits in todays performance.

I think you like the idea of this being the case rather than it actually being the case.

We played an awful lot of pragmatic, patient build up play today - the noticeable difference to the last 6 games was that we did it much higher up the pitch and that our final product was more effective - and this wasn't because we've changed the style or abandoned the system, it was because we had progressive players like doyle, ricardo & ndidi playing rather than hamza, justin and praet; also because norwich did very little in the way of pressing compared to recent opponents.

Add to that that they seemed a lot more fired up and determined.  These are the differences, not switching from Enzoball.

I'll leave the final word with Enzo:

“As you know - we said it many times - we have our way to try to win the game since the start. I can understand sometimes that they want us to attack more direct. But it’s not going to happen, never, while I’m here.”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lillehamring said:

I think you like the idea of this being the case rather than it actually being the case.

We played an awful lot of pragmatic, patient build up play today - the noticeable difference to the last 6 games was that we did it much higher up the pitch and that our final product was more effective - and this wasn't because we've changed the style or abandoned the system, it was because we had progressive players like doyle, ricardo & ndidi playing rather than hamza, justin and praet; also because norwich did very little in the way of pressing compared to recent opponents.

Add to that that they seemed a lot more fired up and determined.  These are the differences, not switching from Enzoball.

I'll leave the final word with Enzo:

Oh bore off.  What makes you so right and and others wrong..  

A few other have similar views to my own, so are their ideas wrong as well, Condescending or what.

Were you there today.....no I didn't think so. But I was and that's the picture I and others took from the stand.

1 hour ago, phoneticerror said:

Gave the corner away cheaply that resulted in the Norwich goal, so that evens it out a bit 🙈

Wes Morgan built himself into a legend by just getting the ball out of play - conceding a corner (softly or otherwise) shouldn't be considered as a negative - daka falling asleep and KDH allowing himself to be manhandled certainly are.

2 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Oh bore off.  What makes you so right and and others wrong..  

A few other have similar views to my own, so are their ideas wrong as well, Condescending or what.

Were you there today.....no I didn't think so. But I was and that's the picture I and others took from the stand.

Well, because i'm making the same argument as enzo (who was at the game for what ever difference that makes) and also is, um, the manager - so with all due respect to your 'first hand' opinion - i'll trust his understanding of his tactics over some guy who seems to think that was the first game we've played cross field diagonals.

7 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Wes Morgan built himself into a legend by just getting the ball out of play - conceding a corner (softly or otherwise) shouldn't be considered as a negative - daka falling asleep and KDH allowing himself to be manhandled certainly are.

Never compare Wes to Wout again

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Interviewer asked if ditching 'Enzoball' made the difference today? Enzo replied, 'Oh feck off. You're sounding like our fans now'. 

They then cut the interview.

Your comment reminded me of 'Mike Bassett, England Manager' when Mike Bassett had no idea how to turn round poor performances and asked a fan..... and to be fair, WE have known where the problem lay, but our 'Mike Bassett' seemed to struggle!

Posted (edited)

Not having that Norwich were crap. It finally came together and we finally took our chances when on top. They may have been poor but we made them look that way. They offered just as much as Boro and QPR, we were just better today. 

Edited by Lionator
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Well, because i'm making the same argument as enzo (who was at the game for what ever difference that makes) and also is, um, the manager - so with all due respect to your 'first hand' opinion - i'll trust his understanding of his tactics over some guy who seems to think that was the first game we've played cross field diagonals.

Ha Ha,  I really don't think you know you are doing it.

Its the fact that if someone had a differing opinion to yours the patronising and condescending way you start your posts is not really very good or even respectful.

If you had started the post along lines of " mmmm I hear what you are saying , but I disagree because x y x".  Fine.

Instead, dismissing the other persons post and their equally valid OPINION by coming straight in with a patronising opening line of :

"I think you like the idea of this being the case rather than it actually being the case".

Not really respecting others posting contributions and the equal platform of a forum...