Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Leicester 2-1 Birmingham POST MATCH.

20 hours ago, Rupert Von Suckalemon said:

After all the relief and accolades on this board this was not a great 

win, we should be beating teams of this statue more easily than

we are doing at present. As I’ve said before we are deficient in a quality 

strike force.

Extremely poor from the goalkeeper, and it’s not the first time he’s 

screwed up, he looks a bit to arrogant for my liking. He is paid to be

a goalkeeper and save shots not to try to emulate an outfield player, he

needs to stick to his job.

You get laughed at for that opinion but I agree with you my friend. Its apparently entitlement to be expecting to beat Birmingham, QPR, Bristol City etc. We will never be a big club when our fan base acts like a small club with small club mentality. We surrendered a huge double digit lead but let's happy clap and sing kumbaya

• Like 1

If Birmingham were too go down... i think they bounce straight back up no problem theyve got the players. Just need to the find the right system. Also stick to one manager. Id be interested to know if Rowett would be given the job long term. I somehow dont think Mowbray will return to Birmingham i reckon he'll quit. Take a extra break of recovery.

17 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

If Birmingham were too go down... i think they bounce straight back up no problem theyve got the players. Just need to the find the right system. Also stick to one manager. Id be interested to know if Rowett would be given the job long term. I somehow dont think Mowbray will return to Birmingham i reckon he'll quit. Take a extra break of recovery.

Would they keep their best players???

2 hours ago, Koke said:

You get laughed at for that opinion but I agree with you my friend. It’s apparently entitlement to be expecting to beat Birmingham, QPR, Bristol City etc. We will never be a big club when our fan base acts like a small club with small club mentality. We surrendered a huge double digit lead but let's happy clap and sing kumbaya

😂

”we’re not doing as badly as some say” = kumbaya

There’s a middle ground. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

😂

”we’re not doing as badly as some say” = kumbaya

There’s a middle ground. 

First half of the season we were doing excellent. Second part we're definitely doing badly. We are awful.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Rupert Von Suckalemon said:

After all the relief and accolades on this board this was not a great 

win, we should be beating teams of this statue more easily than

we are doing at present. As I’ve said before we are deficient in a quality 

strike force.

Extremely poor from the goalkeeper, and it’s not the first time he’s 

screwed up, he looks a bit to arrogant for my liking. He is paid to be

You do realise that Mads is following orders from Enzo. Of course Enzo isn't telling to give a goal away like he did against Birmingham and also against Blackburn, but even the top keeprs like Allison and Ederson this can happen to as they are being told to play a certain way by the manager. Mads doesn't walk out onto the field thinking yeh I'm gonna play like an arrogant bell end today, he plays as instructed by Enzo. Enzo even told him after his mistake that if he let it affect him or change the way the team plays, he'd take him off for Stolarczyk. Many don't like Enzos tactics and that's fine but don't slate the keeper, who has been magnificent for most of this season, when he's only playing the way he's told to by the manager. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Koke said:

First half of the season we were doing excellent. Second part we're definitely doing badly. We are awful.

No team is faultless, the important thing is to acknowledge the failures, see why they occurred and try to mitigate them happening again.

However, end of season is always different, so many teams trying to secure different things, league security, play offs, promotion, so we cannot expect easy games regardless what form over the season tells us on paper, but in my opinion your expectations are faulty, look at Man City, Bayern, Leeds, look at any such team they can all falter, it’s just how you regroup and go again.

Thankfully, we are showing some fight over the last two games and that  is extremely encouraging in my opinion.

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

You do realise that Mads is following orders from Enzo. Of course Enzo isn't telling to give a goal away like he did against Birmingham and also against Blackburn, but even the top keeprs like Allison and Ederson this can happen to as they are being told to play a certain way by the manager. Mads doesn't walk out onto the field thinking yeh I'm gonna play like an arrogant bell end today, he plays as instructed by Enzo. Enzo even told him after his mistake that if he let it affect him or change the way the team plays, he'd take him off for Stolarczyk. Many don't like Enzos tactics and that's fine but don't slate the keeper, who has been magnificent for most of this season, when he's only playing the way he's told to by the manager. 

He may not so ambivalent next time if it costs us points.

22 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

It’s a difficult thing as mistakes are obvious, how this style helps us lure in opposition and make space further up the pitch allowing for opportunities/goals is harder to quantify.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Koke said:

I think awful is an overstatement. We’re 9th over the last ten games, 7th over the last 6. That’s not great. It’s certainly not good. But not sure it’s awful. Hopefully we can hold on and finish top. Impersonally think we will. 

• Like 1

On 07/04/2024 at 12:49, Rupert Von Suckalemon said:

He is paid to be

Are you stuck in a different era of football?

You're thinking his job is only to save shots. Sorry, but in this tactic and setup, he rightly has more than that as his job. And based on the whole season, he's saved us more points than he's lost. I can only presume you have memory loss and are now only choosing to pounce on him after one mistake.

You also don't allude to the fact he's played his part in squeezing the opposition out when he does 'emulate an outfield player' so that we can execute a move that leads to a big chance or better still, a goal.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Forgive us for trying to support the team to get over the line lol 

We support the team but no happy clapping. We keep it real brother 😃

Just now, Koke said:

We support the team but no happy clapping. We keep it real brother 😃

What do you mean 'happy clapping' though? 

We got the job done. We got the 3 points. Surely you see that it's the points that matter at this stage of the season? 

What makes you think fans are 'happy clapping' after a deserved win over Birmingham? Or can you only be supportive and vocal when it's a resounding thrashing? What's the barometer here...?

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I think awful is an overstatement. We’re 9th over the last ten games, 7th over the last 6. That’s not great. It’s certainly not good. But not sure it’s awful. Hopefully we can hold on and finish top. Impersonally think we will. 

Fair enough. But it got so bad that an Enzo Out thread appeared recently and loads of people wanted him gone

Just now, Koke said:

Fair enough. But it got so bad that an Enzo Out thread appeared recently and loads of people wanted him gone

We always have a <insert manager name> Out thread, it seems like tradition, even Pearson had one.

Just now, StanSP said:

What do you mean 'happy clapping' though? 

We got the job done. We got the 3 points. Surely you see that it's the points that matter at this stage of the season? 

What makes you think fans are 'happy clapping' after a deserved win over Birmingham? Or can you only be supportive and vocal when it's a resounding thrashing? What's the barometer here...?

A scrappy win against Birmingham in itself its fine. But our form over the last 2 months is not good hence my criticism of the team. Also, I don't rate a lot of the players we have. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

A scrappy win against Birmingham in itself its fine. But our form over the last 2 months is not good hence my criticism of the team. Also, I don't rate a lot of the players we have. 

Yeah anyone can see the form has been crap. But now it's improving and at just the right time, albeit perhaps a game or two late. Two wins in a row, capitalising on the rivals dropping points. 

We as fans can't change the players we have right now so not worth focusing on that (for now). Main thing is backing the team to get over the line, even when we're not playing that well. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

Think you are right here, it has been poor and felt like we could continue to slide away into the play offs and even beyond. The endeavour shown over the last two games feels like we have turned a corner though, hopefully back to winning ways. I am nervous about facing teams at the bottom though due to their obvious need to fight to survive, as that can easily turn in a good performance, even if they are awful up to this point.

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Think you are right here, it has been poor and felt like we could continue to slide away into the play offs and even beyond. The endeavour shown over the last two games feels like we have turned a corner though, hopefully back to winning ways. I am nervous about facing teams at the bottom though due to their obvious need to fight to survive, as that can easily turn in a good performance, even if they are awful up to this point.

I hope so too that we've turned a corner. The relentless form of Leeds and Ipswich is also skewing things a little as we are on course to reach 93-98 points.

• Like 1