Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Leicester 2-1 Birmingham POST MATCH.

27 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

To be fair, faes has probably played that ball to mads hundreds of times this season, it should never have resulted in a goal.  I can only imagine that mads just didn't see the attacker until he was already committed to kicking it - otherwise i think he'd have just played the simple ball to doyle, or turned it back away from spearing - no other reason why he would have made the decision he made.

I totally agree, I'd say it was a lack of Concentration by Faes as he's prone to having such lapses.

7 hours ago, JayTheFox said:

Fair enough but I have said before that point lead was exaggerated by teams of a similar quality underperforming and us over performing, we were literally on for a record points total. January was the turning point ultimately with AFCON as well as injuries. Immediate return to the premier league is stacked against you, see the odds below.

But of the 81 teams relegated from domestic football's elite division since 1995-96, only 22 (around 27 per cent) bounced straight back. On average, less than one relegated team a season returns to the top flight one year later

We can’t be compared to what 95% of the teams that were previously relegated though surely?

I know we lost players but had the 7th highest wage bill in the PL yet got relegated and the season before in the semi finals of a European competition (disastrous when look at it like that on so many levels).

I think the ability of our overall squad gets exaggerated on here but our starting 11 has to be one of the best to have played in the second division.

• Like 1

How we play , 

again 1-0 up and we get caught with our pants down , trying to play out of our 6 yard box , how dumb can this manager and players be , if ur in front don’t stuff around in the 6 yard box , this has been our down fall all season 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Corky said:

I thought this could be the weekend where things shifted in our favour and it couldn't have been better. Late but enough and just about deserved. 

At least the last two games can put to bed any argument that this team and manager aren't interested. Great to win and get back to the top.

I agree. Enzo does care, he was so animated on the side lines today. He was getting so frustrated with the officials 

Their goal was so weird 😅. I don't know that I can really blame Mads or Faes for that, as frustrating as it was at the time. It was a brainfart, and the fact it's the first time it's happened this season given the significant shift in style means we should just shrug and move on. They'll both have been furious about it I'm sure.

Felt like it wasn't going to be our day as the game went on, but seeing us try makes that easier. First time in quite a while I've felt we embodied our "Foxes Never Quit" motto again. Long may it continue, boys :appl:

6 more games. 6 more cup finals.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bptiger said:

How we play , 

again 1-0 up and we get caught with our pants down , trying to play out of our 6 yard box , how dumb can this manager and players be , if ur in front don’t stuff around in the 6 yard box , this has been our down fall all season 

I get your point, but it’s how the game has evolved. Risk & reward.

Even Man City get caught out doing it, as do plenty of better sides than us.

It’s got us this far (I had us in the playoffs at best), Enzo won’t change it now. 

Few random observations

1) we are going to win the league now, it's there for th taking but let's not complacent again

2) I hate teams who play in blue and have a red away kit

3) Everything about Birmingham City is cvntish from their fans to their manager who is a tosser whether he used to play for us or not, hope they flush at last

4) Leeds or Ipswich wouldn't have won that imo, we are the best in league at breaking down a massed defence, that's where Enzo ball comes into its own

5) there are some outrageously funny comments in this thread!!

• Thanks 1

I rarely post on match days, the emotion is too raw.  But looking back on the match now it's a much more significant result than just the three points.

We retreated into our shell after the first goal but played with purpose after the equaliser when heads could have gone down.

We kept going after Mads horror mistake and still won, so he can learn from that without it having cost us points.

We should have won much more easily but for the referee - given a better one we'd have had two penalties and the tie would have been much easier to watch and the result a fairer indication of the play.

Winning under adversity is the sort of thing that boosts confidence which should see us in good stead for the rest of the season.

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Anyone got a clip of the Justin penalty shout? 

EFL highlights didn't show it. 

It's in the extended highlights Leicester YouTube video, doesn't have the clearest of view but certainly looked like it should have been a pen. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Few random observations

1) we are going to win the league now, it's there for th taking but let's not complacent again

2) I hate teams who play in blue and have a red away kit

3) Everything about Birmingham City is cvntish from their fans to their manager who is a tosser whether he used to play for us or not, hope they flush at last

4) Leeds or Ipswich wouldn't have won that imo, we are the best in league at breaking down a massed defence, that's where Enzo ball comes into its own

5) there are some outrageously funny comments in this thread!!

I actually agree with the majority of your points except the highlighted one.

Leeds and Ipswich have played poorly a lot and picked up points so can’t fault their style too much.

Our passive football also allows teams to get back into defensive positions easier than against Leeds/Ipswich so a bit of a moot point re: massed defence.

3 hours ago, CloudFox said:

Their goal was so weird 😅. I don't know that I can really blame Mads or Faes

I’ve seen this a few times on this thread (I know you’re not blaming either btw!)…It has nothing to do with Faes and it’s a bit weird that it’s even been suggested …. They make that same pass 10 times+ a game

Mads dwelled on it too long…. One of those things…. He has plenty of credit in the bank fortunately!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Izzy said:

I like this guy. Was sat behind him at Bristol City. Give him a sub on YT :thumbup:

Gets to every home and away game, always been Leicester mad since I knew him at school. Good content too.

• Like 1