Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Leicester 2-1 Birmingham POST MATCH.

4 hours ago, foxes1988 said:

I think at this point in the season performances are not important. Results are everything as pressure tends to limit performances for most teams in this situation 

There's no easy games now

Unless you're playing mid-table sides on the beach

Brum, Millwall & Plymouth - All easy on paper, all fighting relegation and be very difficult to beat at this time of season

Anyone who thinks playing a side fighting against relegation in the final few games of season is easy hasn't watched much football, (or anything other than us last season)

25 minutes ago, cc_star said:

Brum, Millwall & Plymouth - All easy on paper, all fighting relegation and be very difficult to beat at this time of season

Anyone who thinks playing a side fighting against relegation in the final few games of season is easy hasn't watched much football, (or anything other than us last season)

You’re definitely right with that.

…but the way we play should be more suited to teams playing with a bit of desperation.

You’d think they’d be a bit less likely to sit back at this stage of the season - Especially at home.

We should be able to pick these teams off I we improve the performance levels a bit. Easier said than done I suppose.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

You’re definitely right with that.

…but the way we play should be more suited to teams playing with a bit of desperation.

You’d think they’d be a bit less likely to sit back at this stage of the season - Especially at home.

We should be able to pick these teams off I we improve the performance levels a bit. Easier said than done I suppose.

Depends if they see it as a free hit and to go aggressive one for one or low block and try to get a point.  you wouldn’t be able to guess which 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

What a load of shit. Some of our fans man 

If you think we're good then we're watching different games. Birmingham had 11 shots against us. Bristol City had 16. We're making crap teams look decent. Om glad most of these players will be gone soon because without a shadow a doubt this team will get destroyed if we go up.

7 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Birmingham would be bottom without Stansfield. The work he has to put in for that team is unreal. Playing players like Bielik who belong in 1989 - like a tug boat 

And their youngster Jordan James. 

9 minutes ago, Koke said:

If you think we're good then we're watching different games. Birmingham had 11 shots against us. Bristol City had 16. We're making crap teams look decent. Om glad most of these players will be gone soon because without a shadow a doubt this team will get destroyed if we go up.

Based on the fact we are top, I assume you don’t think any team in the EFL will be able to cope in the PL? 

Just now, Stadt said:

We’ve shown some nerve the past two home games. However those who can’t wait to wallow in the bottling don’t mention that. 

If you talk about bottling you have to talk up gutsy performances too, otherwise you create a bottling feedback loop and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy

That would meaning admitting some sort of error in judgement in their mind (it is isn’t, it’s was just being overly concerned, perhaps due to last seasons horror show)  so not convinced it’s likely.

8 minutes ago, LC99FC said:

Going over what will have been said already, but yesterday’s win and the manner of it felt like a turning point in the season. Potentially even season defining.

Definitely. A 6 point swing over our 2 closest rivals, on the same day is huge. 

• Like 1

Feels so much better knowing every result went the way we'd have wanted. Us, Leeds, Ipswich, Forest, Luton. Honestly, maybe I was being greedy but it was just a Rangers winner away from being a perfect weekend, that. It feels good after so many where it's felt like the football Gods are against us. lol

• Like 1

@Koke, @Rupert Von Suckalemon, i sympathetise with ur feelings.  Some may say ur harsh etc.

The reality for me, and i am no Maresca fan.  The fact is we were better than Brum but expectations would have us spank them but that did not happen.  Who is responsible?  Players, Enzo?

Other than LCFC fans there is no one waxing lyrical over Enzo.  Even Linekar and others see he is a  dopple ganger of Pep, they were laughing about it on TV. 

If he gets us promoted, I will say he has done more than i expected and i will judge him again next season.  In the meantime, his football is turd and i hate it.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

@Koke, @Rupert Von Suckalemon, i sympathetise with ur feelings.  Some may say ur harsh etc.

The reality for me, and i am no Maresca fan.  The fact is we were better than Brum but expectations would have us spank them but that did not happen.  Who is responsible?  Players, Enzo?

Other than LCFC fans there is no one waxing lyrical over Enzo.  Even Linekar and others see he is a  dopple ganger of Pep, they were laughing about it on TV. 

If he gets us promoted, I will say he has done more than i expected and i will judge him again next season.  In the meantime, his football is turd and i hate it.

Here, Here..  well said.

On 06/04/2024 at 20:01, Fox85 said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣 typical Leicester supporter ratings.

Daka who got an assist for the first goal gets a 4.

Mads who litterally gave Birmingham a equalising goal gets a 6

Vardy who other than getting fouled that one time did **** all got higher than Daka 🤣🤣🤣

Jesus 

The guy did something 7 year olds are taught when they go to their first ever coaching sessions lol

7 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

I remember when fans used to enjoy promotion seasons. 

As do I. But those were simpler days of four-digit phone numbers, evenings crowded round the wireless and those lovely old tin advertisements for Bovril and Fry’s chocolate…

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, cc_star said:

Even the mid table sides can be tricky this time of year. They may be 'on the beach' but also that mid table security also means they may play with a lot of freedom which can make them dangerous 

36 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Ah yes ... crowded around the wireless in 2014.   Good old days!    :)

I distinctly remember getting the tram home from after the final game against Donaster and somebody saying they’d heard that the government had announced that rationing was coming to an end. What a marvellous day that was…

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Same. This season was always going to be a bit horrible though. Disbelief that we went down, followed by resentment and expectations we would just go straight back up...nasty cocktail, that.

Football is hard, and I think many fans have forgotten that the high moments come following a fight or struggle.

That being said, I have been guilty of negativity at times this season, and did recently suggest Enzo should go. So what do I know 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

99% are loving it I am sure…

1% are getting an awful lot of oxygen I suspect 

Other than our blip, I’ve throughly enjoyed this year…. Evolving football style, exciting wingers, winning a lot and no VAR!

• Like 2