Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lutterworth Fox

Do We Want Southampton To Win Tonight ?

Like superheat said we just really need to just win our games period by hook or by crook. Enzo should band all social media and tv/ radio/internet for the next 3 days.

have all the players focused on 1 single mission nothing else matters. I know it’s not possible in reality but you get my drift.

once you start relying on others it takes away from your own self belief and determination and we need these players become a team in these final games. Makes them all watch the Leicester city story of our title winning season for motivation! All those players stepped up when they were needed to. That’s bottle!

• Like 2

No, absolutely not. They worry me for now. We've twice been the momentum side in this league - coming back from the dead. Albeit, it was for the final playoff spot but when it happens at this level, it brings about crazy results. They are the momentum team at the moment and we need that to come to almighty stop as soon as possible.  

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

No, absolutely not. They worry me for now. We've twice been the momentum side in this league - coming back from the dead. Albeit, it was for the final playoff spot but when it happens at this level, it brings about crazy results. They are the momentum team at the moment and we that to come to almighty stop as soon as possible. 

They've won 2 of their last 5 games. You speak of them like they are Barcelona or something :D

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

They've won 2 of their last 5 games. You speak of them like they are Barcelona or something :D

Its momentum at this stage. It usually applies to the 6th playoff spot - we did it in 1995. 2-0 loss to Sheff United and looked well out of it. Hit a great run and carried that all the way to the final. Same in 2013 (?). Hit a disatorous run. Lost to Watford, at home just before the Forest game - we were beaten very well. Played them in the playoffs and in the home game looked a different team (albeit we lost the return quite dramatically). 

I dont want anyone to hit a run apart from us! 

Made a pact with myself that I'm only going to watch or follow our 4 games, maybe less than if the first couple don't go well lol

Whatever happens with the other team happens, can't be bothered going through it. 

Edited by RowlattsFox
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Probably a draw the best result? Means Preston won't have anything to play for when we play them, and hopefully that'll be the same when we play Saints.

Preston win or draw would be fine IMO, but I'm leaning towards a draw.

Win keeps pressure on Leeds who haven't handled it well since going top for about 4 minutes. But Southampton could win their next 3 and be above us and Ipswich by the time Ipswich even play again on 27th.

I hate this league.

• Like 1

Well Norwich have Bristol city at home Swansea at home and Birmingham away … and they are 8 points behind … so they are not catching them …means they have to win all 4 games to catch West Brom …… highly unlikely I would say 

5 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Do one over Southampton and us and they stand a very good chance.

Norwich have Swansea and Bristol at home and Birmingham away, they aren't dropping the 8 points Preston need. Hull could get in maybe but Norwich have got one foot in the door.

5 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Norwich have Swansea and Bristol at home and Birmingham away, they aren't dropping the 8 points Preston need. Hull could get in maybe but Norwich have got one foot in the door.

Today is a game in hand. Win that and they need 6 points and they jump to 7th. 

This league is awful. Fight for everything, because West Brom are in terrible form and for a team like Norwich, awful form is just around the corner. Its not beyond the realms of possibility that one of the top 6 teams loses their remaining games.

Its unlikely, but you keep fighting because you never know. 

5 hours ago, Chico1958 said:

I'm hoping for a Southampton Loss or a Draw. 

For no other reason than I just can't stand Martin. 

I second this. And also, this team can't deal with any pressure, so another one and they will just fold the club 

• Like 1

I think you'd be insane to want Southampton to win if you were a Leicester fan. Why would you want them to have their season on the line against you in a do or die game in a weeks time? Surely better for them to be down and out.

As an Ipswich fan though, the dream would be Southampton win their next 2 and then get draw a 0-0 with you, with multiple red cards each way.

6 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

If we have to worry about Southampton given the points buffer we still have on them, then we haven’t done our job anyway and don’t deserve to go up. 

Good point about Preston being out of the mix when we play them so tempting for a Southampton win on that basis. The point of them having something to play for against Leeds is moot really given we play them first. 

Is it, really?  They may well still have something to play for. 

5 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Leeds and Southampton both have the same potential max points, so wanting Southampton to 'need' a result in the final game and take points off Leeds depends entirely on how both teams do between now and then. They're both an equal threat. 

Getting a draw is taking points off someone and as I say it’s too far ahead to predict what we will ‘need’ as of now. Leeds are in the better position as they have points in the bag. If you believe they are an equal threat and that final match is a draw then it’s good for us potentially as no one is getting maximum points.