Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Who do you keep for the Prem

11 hours ago, Gazza M said:

To highest bidders:

Iversen

Ward

Thomas

VK

Soumare 

Soutar 

Release:

Nacho

Praet

Doyle - return

Albrighton 

Akgun - return

Keep:

Vardy

Vestergaard 

Fatawu

Ndidi

I'm with you on all but Vestergaard

Only Mads, Winks, Fatawu and Ricardo are on my untouchables list.

We need to keep the soul of the club intact, so the GOAT is a luxury we should find a way to afford.  But he won't produce past one more year, and he's going to cost us signing a few promising young players.  We as fans should be aware of that tradeoff.

20 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

I'm with you on all but Vestergaard

He's been key for us. Coady hasn't had a look in, so if Vestergaard goes, I suppose Coady goes too or becomes another deadwood player.

16 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

We should try to renew Nacho for 2 years. We can’t buy someone better with FFP and if we renew for 2 years hopefully we can still sell him for value next year.

Renew Vardy and Albrighton at lower wages to keep some of the old guard spirit for another year. Plus they can still do a job.

Release Ward, Vesty, Doyle and Yugun.

Retain Fatawu.

If we are not going to play Soumare, Thomas, Kristensen and Souttar please sell them. Otherwise reincorporate them into the team properly.

Ffs. Stuck in the past much!!!

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, shen said:

He's been key for us. Coady hasn't had a look in, so if Vestergaard goes, I suppose Coady goes too or becomes another deadwood player.

Vestie is Too slow for the Prem. Would be found out time and time again

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 3

Just now, Col city fan said:

Release/return/sell:

Iverssen

Soumare

Ward

Nacho

Doyle

Albrighton

Vestergaard

Praet

Daka

Retain/sign:

Vards

Hermanssen

The other keeper

Souttar

Faes

Riccy

Justin

Winks

Mavi

KDH

Cannon

Fatawu

Akgun

Wilf

Coady

Would swap Wilf for Jannick (Wilf will be expensive to resign I think) but otherwise agree 

17 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

Greaves From Hull and Summerville from Leeds would be worth it just to wind the Leeds fans up even more 

Summerville could be a decent shout depending on how long his contract has to run.

We certainly could match what Leeds pay him.

With the exception of Vardy ... who should be offered player coach position and KDH who signs a new contract or sell him... anyone who was in the last prem squad that got relegated and didn't have the guts for a fight can be released ... need a fresh back for with some pace and mobility .. and a new striker who knows how to finish to take some pressure off Vards 

• Like 1

Just now, Winstonthedog said:

With the exception of Vardy ... who should be offered player coach position and KDH who signs a new contract or sell him... anyone who was in the last prem squad that got relegated and didn't have the guts for a fight can be released ... need a fresh back for with some pace and mobility .. and a new striker who knows how to finish to take some pressure off Vards 

The striker is Cannon surely?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BillyFOX12 said:

How about this fella as a super-sub?

vards.jpg.be7d900f221a59526e1e578a1aa23200.jpg

Latte Lah to develop from Vardy alongside Cannon sounds just fine. 

2 minutes ago, Mike1983 said:

I'm rather surprised to see that some of you are considering releasing Vestergaard. Setting aside short memories and fickleness, he's been our most consistent player this season. Or do fans only recall the last 3-4 games at a time?

No, some of us are thinking about what we need/don’t need at the higher level. Which is what this thread is all about 

👍

• Like 2

Suppose with Jannik it depends if people feel his pace is an unresolvable problem for the team. I don’t think it is irredeemable, but it will add a problem to be solved or accommodated.

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Suppose with Jannik it depends if people feel his pace is an unresolvable problem for the team. I don’t think it is irredeemable, but it will add a problem to be solved or accommodated.

Just think about it for a moment. The ability to score goals at Premier League level is massively different to the Championship. I’ve never had that the two are similar, ability wise. I think the chasm is huge and getting ever-bigger.

Pace-wise (hugely important at the elite level) there are so many attacking players who will have Vestie on toast. He might be a ‘clever’ player positionally (is he? I dunno), but this won’t wash against the best. Just look at how Maguire suffers. 
We got relegated last season primarily due to goals conceded. And that was when Vestergaard couldn’t get in the side! 
We can’t leak goals again next term or it’ll be over before it’s begun.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Just think about it for a moment. The ability to score goals at Premier League level is massively different to the Championship. I’ve never had that the two are similar, ability wise. I think the chasm is huge and getting ever-bigger.

Pace-wise (hugely important at the elite level) there are so many attacking players who will have Vestie on toast. He might be a ‘clever’ player positionally (is he? I dunno), but this won’t wash against the best. Just look at how Maguire suffers. 
We got relegated last season primarily due to goals conceded. And that was when Vestergaard couldn’t get in the side! 

Neither could Soyuncu, and he got signed by a side that hasn't missed a Champions League qualification for more than a decade. Vestergaard, alongside Winks, is integral to Enzo's system. It's evident this season that Faes + Vestergaard combination clearly outperforms Faes + Souttar/Coady - or do you reckon the latter combination would fare better in the PL?

19 minutes ago, Mike1983 said:

I'm rather surprised to see that some of you are considering releasing Vestergaard. Setting aside short memories and fickleness, he's been our most consistent player this season. Or do fans only recall the last 3-4 games at a time?

He will struggle in the premier league. He’s been outstanding this season but he’s been outstanding playing a system that is absolutely perfect for his game where he’s not exposed. We saw Chelsea away what happens when he is exposed. Football is a ruthless business unfortunately. We aren’t going to have the ball anywhere near as much next season and that leave him exposed and teams will know his lack of pace. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Or we got relegated and Jannik wasn’t playing, in a poor system with an uninterested manager. I don’t know if he can cut it, but I would have more faith (or hope perhaps) in his smarts (he is nothing like Maguire in that sense) than any other CBs we have. The fact Maguire still gets in a (admittedly, awful) Man Utd side does tend to suggest pace is not everything.

Do good managers make players quicker or smarter? Pretty sure it’s more the latter.

Not tied to Jannik, he can go. Just not sure in which direction people expect us to go if Jannik leaves, Enzo would get a direct replacement, surely?

• Like 1