Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thequickbrownfox

Best Games at The King Power

The Southampton game last Tuesday was one of the best and most joyous games I've ever been to. I think the only comparable ones would be Liverpool and West Ham in the title winning season and Drinkwater's last minute thunderbolt against Watford back in 2014. What are some of your best home games over the years?

Singing "**** off Yorkshire, King Richard is ours" at home against Sheffield Wednesday after we found Richard III's resting place always sticks in my memory. 

Edit: Even if apparently we might have lost that game 1-0? So probably not a classic football-wise.

Edited by Mike the Metal Ed
  • Haha 1

Don't think Sevilla is going to be topped any time soon for me, but Southampton ran it ruddy close. 

Maybe the secret is to play teams beginning with S every week?

I was too drunk to properly remember most of Everton before the ceremony, except for Bocelli and bursting out crying tears of joy when Kingy scored. I intend to do exactly the same against Blackburn if Vardy bags after a liquid breakfast. lol

Edited by OntarioFox

15 minutes ago, Thequickbrownfox said:

The Southampton game last Tuesday was one of the best and most joyous games I've ever been to. I think the only comparable ones would be Liverpool and West Ham in the title winning season and Drinkwater's last minute thunderbolt against Watford back in 2014. What are some of your best home games over the years?

Beating Spuds 4-1 was decent last season. But agree that Southampton was the best game i had been to.

Guest leatherhead32
3 minutes ago, OatcakeFox said:

Leicester 5 Sunderland 2 Collymore hat trick. First time I ever came away from a game thinking we could really mix it with the big boys. Swiftly turned to s*it when Heskey went and Collymore bust his ankle.

filbo mate 

Seville was so good it's easy to forget just how good all the other home games in Europe have been too. 

Porto, Copenhagen, Bruges, Napoli, Roma, Rennes and PSV were all memorable nights that make you crave European football again. 

Edited by Stuntman_Mike

Man City 4-3 in the FA Cup, may have been about 1969. Frank Large scored 2, Rodney Fern 1, can't remember who else. Sevilla ran it close as best I've  ever seen though, what a night that was. Oh, and a shout out for the 9-0 thrashing of my local team, enjoyed that one with the family. Never laughed so much at a footy match. Some of the WBA away games were good as well, helped by the superb food at The Vine.

Sevilla and probably by some distance for me. Under the lights, the game had absolutely everything and was followed by the realisation we were in the quarter finals of the champions league. I’ll never forget it.  

The Manchester United 5-3 game was great too though. Vardy’s first impact on the premier league too.  

Guest leatherhead32
6 minutes ago, OatcakeFox said:

And there is the proof that you should always read the question thoroughly before launching into an answer.

no one worse than me pal, it was a corker of a game tho. 7. 2 would av been fairer