Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluetintedspecs

Who's making the ultimate stand?

Genuine question because there seems to have been a lot of fans very unhappy over so many things about our club on here:

Top and the ownership, Finances, Rudkin , Whelan et al, Enzo, Season Card £25 fee and now the Trophy Parade.

I personally am unhappy over the £25 but tbh there's options, re Top he was arguably not ready for the role but tragic circumstances meant he was sadly put in that position too soon! 

Tops team, imho, have let him down as confidante's and advisors. There's  muted rumours that Enzo is unhappy with our structure/hierarchy , it will be interesting  how it unfolds!

Enzo as a rookie EFL Manager achieved the main aim and imo got way more right than wrong, not beyond criticism or reproach but I'm more happy than not personally.

I'm renewing my Season Cards , no doubt.

I'm curious, with clearly disgruntled people, who is that unhappy they are not renewing and voting with their feet? Be interesting to see the sample size numbers and strength of feeling🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

I'm renewing my ST and begrudgingly  going Digital as I am not paying an extra £25 for my piece of plastic.

I know sooner it will be mandatory anyway.

I kknow it's what the club want, but it's my £25 which I can use better. It's not like I give my ST away to anyone more than once a season anyway.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Depends if you believe the conspiracies. 

He moved to London and started working on the buses. Died a few years back.o-STEPHEN-LEWIS-ON-THE-BUSES-570-1539428583.thumb.jpg.5e7eaba659911e7c9107dca3bb3d8759.jpg

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, OnlyOneCity said:

Why try and deride the thousands of fans who went to the parade? Don’t you think that they were there because actually support the City? Should the crowd have booed the owners and turned their backs to the balcony? It really makes my blood boil when certain fans seem to think that they are the only ones who support the club properly because they talk of not renewing their ST., for some sort of crusading idea. I don’t agree with the £25 charge at all and think it’s a disgrace. I’m not though after a lifetime of being a City fan, going to cut off my nose to spite my face, on a point of principle. To those who do, that’s your prerogative. I would sooner be in my seat again next season than listening to the pundits being only interested in the top 6 when the scores are coming in.

Two things. I was there. Majority of people at that parade weren’t even Leicester fans. Secondly, some of the adulation I heard come out of people’s mouths when Top came out to do his “speech” was embarrassing to say the least. You’d think the king had arrived 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

re Top he was arguably not ready for the role but tragic circumstances meant he was sadly put in that position too soon! 

The circumstances were tragic but what more of a primer could he need? He had an elite education and he shadowed his dad for 7 years as director at LCFC plus experience at KP and Leuven.

He's had such a good induction to be CEO and given he's bad at it is what's so worrying. The delayed sacking of Rodgers was such an unforced error it's set us back about decade. He' then doubled down on it by not replacing any of the other backroom apparatus at the club.

Currently Enzo is the one holding the club together at the seams and he's already made overtures about being unhappy. Given the managerial shelf life at the club is about 2.5 years anyway it's worrying with the FFP albatross around our neck.

Complacency got us in the mess and already feels as though just retuning to the top flight is seen as the success in itself.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Trekerz said:

Two things. I was there. Majority of people at that parade weren’t even Leicester fans. Secondly, some of the adulation I heard come out of people’s mouths when Top came out to do his “speech” was embarrassing to say the least. You’d think the king had arrived 

You actually know that the majority weren’t Leicester fans?  You managed to assess that fact how?

25 minutes ago, OnlyOneCity said:

You actually know that the majority weren’t Leicester fans?  You managed to assess that fact how?

Didn’t know any of the chantslol you can clearly tell when a person is a fan or not

I’m not sure what the best thing to do is. I am a loudmouth on here with my criticism of King Power but have sent recent emails and joined the Foxes Trust. Unfortunately, going to Leicester matches are so crucial to my mental health, that I couldn’t stop going just yet. I also get incredibly nervous about the club snooping on here and trying to ban me, although I don’t have any social media bar an Untappd account. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Incognito said:

It might not be the kind of stand you meant, but seems Enzo has already taken one by calling out the hierarchy.

He's come from Man City where everything is done uber profesionally. Everything is best of the best.

Then he's come here, where we've got a glorified Academy director running all things football, and a board that don't tell him we can't sign players until it's almost too late.

Enzo trying to get the club ran internally like a big club is a big positive for me.

not so sure on this comment, but agree with the rest. 

English clubs need to adopt the model in Germany where fans have a significant say in clubs decision making.

As this proves, there's no mechanism to show your frustration. People will renew because otherwise, they'll just be the ones to "lose out".

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Trekerz said:

Didn’t know any of the chantslol you can clearly tell when a person is a fan or not

Of course, if you don’t join in with “Wesley Fofana you’re a ****” or comment on the size of a player’s genitals, you’re obviously not a fan. 🤭

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, OnlyOneCity said:

Why try and deride the thousands of fans who went to the parade? Don’t you think that they were there because actually support the City? Should the crowd have booed the owners and turned their backs to the balcony? It really makes my blood boil when certain fans seem to think that they are the only ones who support the club properly because they talk of not renewing their ST., for some sort of crusading idea. I don’t agree with the £25 charge at all and think it’s a disgrace. I’m not though after a lifetime of being a City fan, going to cut off my nose to spite my face, on a point of principle. To those who do, that’s your prerogative. I would sooner be in my seat again next season than listening to the pundits being only interested in the top 6 when the scores are coming in.

That isn't aimed at the fanbase that turned up - everyone is different and valid. It's squarely aimed at the board and the way they clearly want the 'matchday experience' to go.

If you gave most people on here a choice of who to give a ticket to, they'd give it to the one who will make noise and support the players on the pitch. If you asked that question to the board, it would go to whoever paid them the most money.

You seem to be agreeing with all the points I made but concluded that it's the fans I have a problem with? I hate the idea of paying the money for my physical season ticket, it's a slap in the face to us all. But we know full well that a sizeable portion of the fanbase will shrug it off and go back to calling Top and Co the best owners on the planet the moment they're given a free beer. Without Union FS there would be nobody calling it out for the insult it is on matchdays in the stands.

That's why it's so important that those of us willing to kick up a fuss don't turn our backs and give the board what they want - a placid and easily-managed matchgoing fanbase that will never call out their bullshit.

The lack of uproar last season over the disgusting way we were relegated was particularly damning, we had fans fighting other fans in the stands for daring to call for Rodgers' head, because the owners can apparently do no wrong in some people's eyes. It was ugly.

I'm personally really happy with how this season has gone off the pitch, not least because actions like Enzo always focussing on SK1 post-match, or comments like Vardy's on the balcony show that on the playing side at least, they're fully aware of the noises Union FS, and those who are vocally opposed to aspects of how the club are run, are making.

Edited by OntarioFox

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

The circumstances were tragic but what more of a primer could he need? He had an elite education and he shadowed his dad for 7 years as director at LCFC plus experience at KP and Leuven.

He's had such a good induction to be CEO and given he's bad at it is what's so worrying. The delayed sacking of Rodgers was such an unforced error it's set us back about decade. He' then doubled down on it by not replacing any of the other backroom apparatus at the club.

Currently Enzo is the one holding the club together at the seams and he's already made overtures about being unhappy. Given the managerial shelf life at the club is about 2.5 years anyway it's worrying with the FFP albatross around our neck.

Complacency got us in the mess and already feels as though just retuning to the top flight is seen as the success in itself.

There's no training that can prepare you fully for the magnitude of the grief and pressure, he inherited, though is there? 

The loss of his beloved father who had phenomenal skills and decades of hands on experience followed by the massive stress and impact of the  global pandemic on the core business! 

There's no substitute for hands on experience, imho, I also feel he's possibly been let down badly by those advising him!

Hopefully Top has learnt some big lessons and internal changes and improvements are the result.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, OnlyOneCity said:

Of course, if you don’t join in with “Wesley Fofana you’re a ****” or comment on the size of a player’s genitals, you’re obviously not a fan. 🤭

What parade did you go tolol