Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Barber Out?

BarberOut?  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Barber Out?

• Yes
    • No

We're a long, long way from the days of the late Lawrie Simpkin at the Mercury when, if a Leicester player farted, the fans would get wind of it.

It was a pity the Leicester Evening Mail ever closed and left the Merc with no real competition on the local streets but it's not just them is it.

The OS guards it's status jealously but fails to keep City's fans quickly and fully informed on some matters - and I'm not talking about private and confidential.

Then there's Radio Leicester. I don't listen to it very often now but by accounts on here they sometimes drop more factual clangers on a matchday afternoon than a team of bellringers engage on a evening's practice.

Whatever the perceived limitations though it's hard to imagine anything changing.

We're a long, long way from the days of the late Lawrie Simpkin at the Mercury when, if a Leicester player farted, the fans would get wind of it.

It was a pity the Leicester Evening Mail ever closed and left the Merc with no real competition on the local streets but it's not just them is it.

The OS guards it's status jealously but fails to keep City's fans quickly and fully informed on some matters - and I'm not talking about private and confidential.

Then there's Radio Leicester. I don't listen to it very often now but by accounts on here they sometimes drop more factual clangers on a matchday afternoon than a team of bellringers engage on a evening's practice.

Whatever the perceived limitations though it's hard to imagine anything changing.

Not all change is bad, then. :P:smile::thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...

Barber has a lifelong contract with the club. His arse is glued onto his seat.

Although, thinking about it, we could just as well throw him out that way... Tarred and feathered.

Or maybe it is glued somewhere else? :ph34r::whistle::P

(which is just about the same)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In a time honoured tradition, it's time to roll out the Barber Out. ;)

Here's a classic line for the Cardiff game on Saturday.

... all the teams below Leicester now have a game in hand over Leicester!

The league table after Cardiff away:

Pos Team..........Played

18 Leicester.....29

19 Hull............29

20 Luton..........29

21 QPR............29

22 Barnsley.....29

23 Leeds.........28 <<--- only team with less than 29 played here!

24 Southend....29

-------------------

:mellow:

In a time honoured tradition, it's time to roll out the Barber Out. ;)

Here's a classic line for the Cardiff game on Saturday.

The league table after Cardiff away:

Pos Team..........Played

18 Leicester.....29

19 Hull............29

20 Luton..........29

21 QPR............29

22 Barnsley.....29

23 Leeds.........28 <<--- only team with less than 29 played here!

24 Southend....29

-------------------

:mellow:

Was gonna add that, bellowed at the radio when he said that, is he really that slow?

Driving home tonight after the game, we were concerned to hear Barber say during Andy Johnson's interview...

"Is Leicester's biggest problem their lack of inconsistency?"

lol

Brilliant. That's classic Barbarella.

Did he continue to assert that all City's rivals have a game in hand over us? :ph34r:

Or have they caught up with us yet? lol

Barber can commentate. Not very well but at least he can commentate. If he left we would be left with Sinclair, and HE CANNOT COMMENTATE TO SAVE HIMSELF. Untile we find someone new up and coming and good we're stuck with him (my ambition is to be a media sports peresenter so i'll do it!)

Hes not THAT bad. IMO he is more interesting to listen to than some of the other commentaries when leicesters doesnt work and you need that when we play such rubbish footall at times. The norwich ones are so boring compared to him.

Well considering he is the only one that can keep me up to date with games atm I think he should stay as a commentator. Barber in *hides* :ph34r:

I just say board ot Mandaric in lol

• 1 month later...

This bastard has taken the cake today.

He's laughing about the fans leaving early.

He's pretending to be bothered by the result (3-0 down at the time) by saying "I sound flat and deflated" shortly after giggling hysterically (something he did within seconds of making this statement).

Prat.

Absolute prat.

Archived