Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gené and Tonic

What will the board do today?

What will the board do today?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. What will the board do today?

• Sack him
    • Give him money to spend

Levien has said that this job\project is a long term one and will take a few seasons before things are right, everyone's, team players and staff are on long term contracts, the board will stick by him and give him funds. We are all in for a long suffering!!!! :cry::cry:

Levien has said that this job\project is a long term one and will take a few seasons before things are right, everyone's, team players and staff are on long term contracts, the board will stick by him and give him funds. We are all in for a long suffering!!!! :cry::cry:

This worries me!!!!

How will we afford to pay for the stadium in Division 1, let alone the wages these people are on. We'll be out of business. I've heard a rumour that we're releasing Dublin & Tiatto.

they wont sack him.

said before but if he keeps us up ,(unlikely,) they look like they know what they are doing.

if he gets us relegated,( more likely,) they can then either sack him and blame him or let him attempt to get us back up.

they wont give him a lot to spend either given his track record of buying crap 50% of the time.

It'd cost more to cancel his contract at this point. The board will probably look at both sides and go for the lesser financial evil.

But that's still no guarantee that things will go in a different direction from now on, of course.

It'd cost more to cancel his contract at this point. The board will probably look at both sides and go for the lesser financial evil.

But that's still no guarantee that things will go in a different direction from now on, of course.

What will the board do today....nothing and then drive home in their BMW's

Levein is on a 2 and a half year contract. He's a year in to that so he has 16-18 months left on it. I read somewhere that he is on £300,000 a year so roughly it would cost just under £500,000 to completely pay the man off.

If we go for a manager who's contracted to another club your looking at another £100,000 compensation atleast and then there's the signing on fee that managers get.

That's probably £750,000 all together, have we got that much money? I suppose we'll find out if they keep him and he buys a new striker. If we get someone for £50,000 because that's all we can afford then I hazard a guess we're lumbered with Levein.

If the board do give him some money and he blows it on rubbish and we show no signs of improvement i think its time for them to go too.

Judging by comments made by CL over the last 6 weeks or so it would seem he's had a couple of players (at least) lined up for some time. Hence, the board will know who the money is being spent on. This will no doubt be discussed in the meeting today as well.

If the board keep CL on and release funds for him to spend then they are doing it with their eyes open.

Personally, I think they'll give him the backing he needs for now with some kind of performance related review in mid-Feb. If results haven't picked up by then he may well be asked to resign.

Judging by comments made by CL over the last 6 weeks or so it would seem he's had a couple of players (at least) lined up for some time. Hence, the board will know who the money is being spent on. This will no doubt be discussed in the meeting today as well.

If the board keep CL on and release funds for him to spend then they are doing it with their eyes open.

Personally, I think they'll give him the backing he needs for now with some kind of performance related review in mid-Feb. If results haven't picked up by then he may well be asked to resign.

Could be too late - we need results now, not a month and a half later when we are potentially 4-6 defeats worse off (yes i do think it could be that bad!!!) Look at some of the '6-pointers!' coming up -

Sheff Wed v Leicester

Leicester v Cardiff

Plymouth v Leicester

QPR v Leicester

Leicester v Wolverhampton

Brighton v Leicester

Leicester v Derby

Leicester v Leeds

Archived